“3 Day Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Durham NC
“3 Day Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Was traveling with an elderly parent for a family event in town. One room was a handicap access room which met the needs for the parent. While it is designed for a long term business stay, the only two drawbacks on the handicap room is 1) there is no adjoining access to this room from another room (we had two rooms; did stay directly across the hall from the handicap room) and 2) the room had a tub/shower with grab bars and a drop seat for the tub rather than a "at floor level" shower for easy access. Because of medications and eating needs, the full kicthen was just right. Regular rooms was clean met our needs. Breakfast was a little on the "light" side, there is a McD's just 3 minutes away and a supermarket 5 minutes away. A Golds gym right across the street. Major shopping area with all big box stores and a mall just 5 minutes away on the other side of the interstate. No interstate noise although in a light industry area and surrounded by long term stay major brands (at 60% more in cost!)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and you parent. We are pleased that you enjoyed your clean room and our fully equipped kitchens.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Housekeeping horrible!!! Staff attitude sucks royally! Free wifi doesn't work. Asked for missing utensils and didn't get it. Staff forgot to bring clean towels after I took the dirty ones to the front desk. Room was cleaned twice in 5 weeks and when I called to ask them to clean my room I was told they had already cleaned it and if they had time they would but will be charged extra.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience and that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We will conduct a staff meeting to ensure that our entire hotel is meeting our high standards. We will also be working with our housekeeping staff on a new cleaning process to make sure that we meet each guest's expectations.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback or comments, please reach out to us at fwd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Extended Stay in Frederick, Maryland from 9 to 18 June 2014. This was our second stay out first being a year ago. It is located in a quiet section of Frederick and yet close to a shopping center with restaurants, movie and retail stores. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed in room 132 and found it clean and very comfortable. We walked in the neighborhood each morning by nearby more costly hotels. The price of the room was especially attractive and this was a consideration given our long stay. The "Grab and Go" in the lobby where one can grab a cup of coffee and fruit or snack on the way out the door was innovative. We enjoyed our stay and will frequent this hotel each time we venture north to Frederick which is generally once or twice a year.

Room Tip: Room on first floor makes for an easy get-away. Otherwise, one must use the elevator. While a bit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The receptionist name chastity is great make us feel welcome ,and accommodated us . we came in before checking time. The price is great specially if you stay for a week.the property is located right next to a shopping center and the golds gym which is great.

• Stayed April 2014
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

1 - there was no one at teh front desk to check me in and I had to wait 10 minutes for someone
2 - the cooling/heating was not on so I came into a freezing room as it was below freezing outside
3 - the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable
4 - no one made up the bed when I returned
5 - i had to wait for 10 minutes for someone to arrive to check me out
6 - I was overcharged by a day rate although I only stayed for two nights
7 - they charged the wrong card after they made a copy of the right card

No I will not stay here and will never stay at an Extended Stay ever again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Wow let me say what an experience. This was the best decision I have ever made. First off let me say they gave me such a great deal! The help at the front desk could not have been better and got me in and out like fast food! Everyone was so helpful and welcome and I felt right at home. I would recommend this place to anyone of all ages and sizes!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I’m pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay at a great value. As well, I’m glad that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thought we got a great deal for $100. Went to pull the covers off the bed and found all sort of hair on the pillows, sheets, etc. Absolutely disgusting. Linens look like they are the original when the hotel opened. Marker marks also on linens. When we called the front desk, the receptionist told us to come to the front to pick up a new set. Why are we paying $100 again? Where is the service? Not again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. The level of service you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our team will be coached and retrained so that these types of issues do not happen again in the future. As well, they are working to improve their cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback on our service. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at FWD@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Address: 5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Frederick Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.