“WHAT A TRIP!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Frederick
“WHAT A TRIP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Wow let me say what an experience. This was the best decision I have ever made. First off let me say they gave me such a great deal! The help at the front desk could not have been better and got me in and out like fast food! Everyone was so helpful and welcome and I felt right at home. I would recommend this place to anyone of all ages and sizes!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I’m pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay at a great value. As well, I’m glad that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thought we got a great deal for $100. Went to pull the covers off the bed and found all sort of hair on the pillows, sheets, etc. Absolutely disgusting. Linens look like they are the original when the hotel opened. Marker marks also on linens. When we called the front desk, the receptionist told us to come to the front to pick up a new set. Why are we paying $100 again? Where is the service? Not again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. The level of service you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that our team will be coached and retrained so that these types of issues do not happen again in the future. As well, they are working to improve their cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback on our service. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at FWD@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Barking dogs Christmas Eve. Staff could care less. I called police. Broken doors, toilets, toaster, TV remotes….goes on and on. I was here April 2013 and my stay was wonderful, BUT this time, 12/24/13 thru 1/2/2014, was a nightmare!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a good bargain compared to hotels in the area. It is basic, comfortable, with few amenities. It does have a small kitchen. Some kitchens have granite counters. Mine did not. No hair dryer. No cleaning service til checkout. Only decaf coffee in room. No lotions. Worn but acceptable towels. Good bed. I downgraded on cleanliness because on the bathroom floor there were multiple items under the sink counter that were not mine. Breakfast in the morning was instant oatmeal, muffin, apples reg coffee, juice. You pick up what you want & leave or go back to your room. No sitting area. All in all a bargain.

• Stayed November 2013
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel is now improved a lot..room amenities, themes, reception and introduced breakfast. Now internet is free. Earlier they were charging 5$ one time charge. Good for stay and it is really an extended stay of your home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the improvements we have made since your last stay. We were glad that have you stay with us again and we hope you will continue to in the future as your travels bring you back to our area.
Newton, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After checking the prices of several other hotels in the area, we decided to check the Extended Stay. We were only driving through the area and didn't need anything fancy, so it was a good choice for us. So, if you pay less, you shouldn't expect all the frills. We were pleasantly surprised that our room was nice, and it was very clean. They do not give extras....like shampoo, conditioner, soap. And, the breakfast consisted of apples and juice. But, it did serve our purposes of a reasonably comfortable place to lay our heads so we could continue on our journey the next day.

I would recommend it for that purpose, but if you are wanting a fancier place, pay the higher price and go somewhere else. I thought it was also very nice for a family as it had a kitchen and you could cook, so it would make a nice place for an extended stay (hence the name! lol)

The staff at the front desk were very nice, with warm smiles on their faces!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a recent review of our property in Frederick. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property, especially your clean room. As well, I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast and our friendly staff.

We hope that on your travels we see you back not only at our facility, but all of our hotels.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Bathroom-no shampoo
No conditioner
No hairdryer
Dirty toilet
Bed- just terrible. I didnt sleep well
Found a spider crawling on my pillow

Room - I thought there were bulls running around upstairs. Cheaply built building.

Breakfast- what breakfast? no coffee ready! Had to wait 10 minutes. No thanks!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that we were not able to provide you with a 100% satisfactory stay. Please accept our apologies. Using your remarks as an example, I am working with the staff to improve our daily procedures in order to provide better stays for guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Address: 5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Frederick Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.