“Not what I thought....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |

Bathroom-no shampoo
No conditioner
No hairdryer
Dirty toilet
Bed- just terrible. I didnt sleep well
Found a spider crawling on my pillow

Room - I thought there were bulls running around upstairs. Cheaply built building.

Breakfast- what breakfast? no coffee ready! Had to wait 10 minutes. No thanks!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I was disheartened to read that we were not able to provide you with a 100% satisfactory stay. Please accept our apologies. Using your remarks as an example, I am working with the staff to improve our daily procedures in order to provide better stays for guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed overnight prior to Memorial Day after visiting nearby Monocacy Battlefield. The location is near a mall and with alot of choices for dining. The hotel itself is near several hotels in a side street from the mall area and in a very good location.
Great hotels always seem to have a friendly reception staff - and you will find that to be the case here. One of the two rooms that we had happened to have an issue with its window not fully closing. After notifying the front desk on that, they had a new room readied in no time. Thank you for such excellant service!
Overall - really nice rooms, very clean, and great shower pressure - made for a great stay over.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful trip and stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Salz, Deutschland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were surprised how clean and comfortable this place was. The bed was especially comfortable. We rented motorcycles from the Harley dealership nearby too. Breakfast was OK, but went to the nearby IHOP for a warm breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Daniel - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. We hope you had a good time riding the motorcycles you rented!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had great service when we wanted to check in early for a wedding. Staff was friendly, the room was tidy and we slept very well on the comfortable bed. It was easy to visit the rest of our party a few hotels over.
All in all a great stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Audrey - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us in Frederick, Maryland. The staff and I found it to be a true pleasure having you visit with us!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Clean, comfortable, decent hotel in a good location. However, front desk is clueless. My two night reservation somehow became a one night and I was expected to pay for the second night I stayed. Fortunately, I was able to look up my reservation on my phone (they don't have a computer available for guests). It then took another two minutes for somebody to tell me I was okay to go, along with a nervous giggle wondering why I was still standing there. I'm not a mind reader, you actually have to SAY SOMETHING. I'll stay there again if I'm in the area, but I'll be sure to have all my information printed out and with me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Art - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had some issues at the front desk and with the staff. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be going through a refresh of training to handle these issues.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did not experience the smoking problem noted by others; but upon exiting the elevator on the third floor, the area had a musty smell. I attributed it to a carpet needing cleaning. The room was spacious enough as was the bath, but I was surprised to not find complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Nor were there any hangers in the closet; the manager found 5 for me. Small things I noticed: narrow hallways and lack of an automatic opening front door make navigating with a luggage trolley problematic. The TV offered 24 channels only; one was in foreign language (Indian), 5 channels were ESPN and one was not viewable due to "snow". Good points include a bargain price compared to others in the area, a comfortable bed, and windows that actually open! Brilliant! I may stay again if money becomes an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the comfortable bedding. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that there was a slight odor on the third floor and for the limited television channel selection. In response to your feedback, I am working with the maintenance staff to make sure that the odor is eliminated. As well, we are continually working to improve our channel offerings. As we do, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here the night before the Frederick Half Marathon. It seemed there were other people staying there for the half marathon, too, but the place hardly seemed crowded. Check in was pretty simple and easy. I was on the first floor right by the lobby, but thankfully, it wasn't too noisy. I was also near the trash room, but thankfully, it didn't smell. The room itself was okay, but probably could have been cleaned a little bit more. I liked the convenience of having a refrigerator. My head sank right to the bed when I laid on the pillow, so some harder pillows would have been nice. The location was convenient, as it was far enough from the highway that it felt pretty peaceful in the area, but you were also only a few minutes from 270. Overall, for the price I paid, it was an okay experience at the Extended Stay. I don't regret staying there, but I think I may do some more research into the other hotels in that area next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was accomodating to your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Address: 5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Frederick Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.