“Friendly home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Arlington, Texas
“Friendly home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Frederick, MD, for almost 4 months. I booked my stay online and my check-in was very fast (even though there were several people checking in at once) This is one of the few hotels in the area that allow pets and didn't have restrictions on the breed or weight! The rooms were renovated and very clean, housekeeping came in once a week to throughly clean and was able to work around my schedule to be able to clean the room while I was there due to my dog. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen and bathroom were nicely sized. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful!! They helped print off directions and would lt me know all the best places to visit while I was here. The hotel itself is in a great location, very centralized to the movies, shopping & restaurants. Everyone here has really made me feel like I was part of a big family and I would defiantly recommend Extended Stay America to my family and friends!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Juan R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us has been so pleasant, comments such as yours makes our mission on great service a journey worth while. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Staff friendly and helpful. Room a good size and facilities as advertised. Problems: air conditioner was extremely noisy and I mean extremely. Also blew cold draft across room such that I made a wall of pillows to shelter behind. Reported but no improvement. Also had to report squeaky bathroom door (woke partner opening this at night) and toilet backed up. These were fixed. Pans provided would be better if non stick and no pan scouters provided. If staying longer than few days suggest taking own non stick frying pan. Overall ok but could do a lot better.

Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, September 7, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback about your time with us. I also appreciate your candid feedback regarding the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay. I will be reviewing them with my staff in order to not just fix the problems, but also to ensure they do not happen again in the future.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay America in Frederick MD for a month. The room, bathroom and kitchen were large and clean. Rooms were quiet and well insulated. The bed, pillows, and linens were very comfortable.
Laundry facilities were new and clean. Checkout was a breeze.
Jennifer Thims was very gracious and helpful when I had car problems. She made phone calls and saw to it I had a ride to work.
Jennifer provided a great personal service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at at our hotel, and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Jennifer. It pleases me to hear that she went above and beyond to help you, ensuring that you had a ride to work. As well, we greatly appreciate your comments about our guest rooms and the amenities we provide in them.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stayed at Extended Stay America, Frederick from 6/16/2012 to7/26/2012. During my stay there were renovations underway to painting, interior & exterior. Parking lot sealing, Room flooring, kitchen counters, bathroom flooring just to name a few. New Beds, Maybe. It was far more pleasureable than my last adventure! Staff attitude needed some adjustment.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near exit doors!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, August 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. We are working hard on improving our hotel, bettering it for valued guests like yourself. It is very rewarding to read that you noticed our efforts and had a better stay because of them.

I do want to apologize that we were not able to provide you with 100% satisfaction in terms of our guest service. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service; I promise to revisit this with them thanks to your feedback.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A few months back we visited MD, while visiting friends and the DC area. This time we returned to DC to show a relative the area. We had heard of the remodeling of most ESA hotels, but the hotel looked so different we actually drove past it! The hotel looks very updated, as do most of the ESAs in my area. Inside everything is very clean, we had a late check in and Annika (sp?) did a great job checking us in, quickly and effectively. Our room was in the second floor, and the walk up was easy. (The elevator we later noticed, was also remodeled and looks great). Our room was a double bed, facing the front of the hotel.Right away, we noticed the updates in the room compared to our last stay. The kitchen area was very clean, with plates,pots,cups,and utensils all ready to be used. Along with dish rags, and a regular sized, clean fridge, and a coffee pot.There is also a microwave in the room... The water filter on the faucet was a nice surprise. The best surprise though was the bed! WOW! What a clean and comfortable bed. You could definitely tell the mattresses were new.There is a laundry room and I noticed some rooms had pet stickers on the door, so I imagine pets are welcomed. The area is very quiet, and centrally close to various restaurants, a movie theater, shops, and gas stations. The highway is fairly close and perfect for us, as we were visiting both DC and Baltimore, and Frederick is between both places although a bit of a drive from both.
As we walked down the next morning for check out, we noticed the Breakfast area set up (was this here during my last visit????). At a glance, I saw oatmeal, coffee and some muffins and fruit. Check out was just as quick as our check in, Jennifer was very nice, she quickly printed out our receipt and we were on our way.

A BIG THANK YOU to management, and all the great workers!!

Room Tip: Some things I'd like to point out are that although a great hotel, this ESA does not have a pool...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Frederick - Westview Dr.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

williamson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Good place to stay. Renovations going on are really improving the look. Rooms are quite large and everything you need is right there. They don't provide ANY immenities such as coffee and donuts or rolls or fruit. Room does have facilities for your own snacks and a coffee maker, though. Overall, if I had to do it again, I would probably stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Frederick - Westview Dr.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very nice hotel, very clean and friendly staff. Flat sreens tvs on on the way but they need more tv channels.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Frederick - Westview Dr. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Address: 5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Frederick Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.