“If you can avoid it..........Please do!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Jacksonville, Florida
“If you can avoid it..........Please do!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have stayed at Extended Stay America at other locations throughout the year. This location is by far the worst of the bunch. Unfriendly management, filthy rooms, trash smells throughout the building. All this for outrageously high prices. If there are no other options, think about sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, pick a neighboring hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I liked the service and the location it was close to the mall, restaurants and there is a lot of stores like Walmart, Friday's and the people in that area were very friendly .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

I booked two nights: Aug. 3 & 4th at the Extended Stay Hotel at Westview Dr, Frederick, MD for a business trip.
Here's my experience:
1. Day 1, checked in around 9:00 p.m. First use of the restroom, I noticed dried urine stain on the toilet seat cover, which I wiped off with wet tissue due to the late night discovery.

2, Pulled the dresser drawer to put away my clothes. Top right drawer had men's underwear, nicely placed: pair of black socks, white T-shirt and about 4 white underwear -all appeared clean.

Next day, I reported these events to the front desk upon my return to the hotel at around 9:30 p.m. after an all day training. She offered a switch of rooms, which I declined due to the inconvenience. I had a few hours left to do homework, sleep and pack for the next day early training.

3. Day two. Took a morning shower and felt some bumps on my left arm, noticed red skin rushes and further examination revealed more behind the back of my L knees and R calves. I notified the front desk receptionist and all she said was ok. I then asked to talk to the manager who was standing close by - the response, do you want the information of our insurance company? In disbelief, I told him that I will seek medical attention after my business training/meeting and will definitely report this incident to the Health Department.
The manager then informed me that he will reverse my hotel charges.

The red bumps/bites itched and I had someone purchase anti-itch cream to relieve the itch as I sat all day in training indoors.

After the training, I contacted a physician in VA, where I was headed prior to my trip back to CA.

The diagnosis:
Presence of multiple small, raised, erythematous eruptions on extremities highly consistent with bites from small insects.
Treatment: Application of an anti-pruritic and mild anesthetic gel to affected areas.
Additional comments: These erruptions were itchy, and occurred without having any history of food or medication allergies. You were attending indoor classes, so there was no exposure to outdoor insects. There was no previous history of previous such occurences.

Doctor's medical report and photos of skin rashes available upon request.

Aug. 7, I called Extended Stay general phone number to ask for their headquarters mailing address to file a complaint. The person that answered was helpful, gave me the phone number and gave my cell number to his manager - I have not received a call as of Aug 8 at noon. I sent an email to their online correspondent, I called the manager to discuss my complaint, 4 hours past, no calls or email received.

I am a world traveler, unfortunately, I encountered unsanitary hotel conditions in my homeland, America. What a shame.

The toilet seat uncleaned can be forgiven, the drawer with clothing is another blow. The bed bug bites is totally unforgiveable. The bedsheets did not smell fresh nor did it smell old - it now gave me doubts if it was changed at all.

Travellers, this is a health issue. BEWARE!!!!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Sanitation -
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DcWatcher, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, March 18, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Frederick - Westview Dr.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The resurgence of bed bugs is not just a challenge for hotels, but also a challenge for the transportation industry and all types of accommodations where the population is in transit. With the increase in movement of luggage in airports and other high volume areas, these insects are brought in many times by the guests, even to luxury resorts, cruise ships and hospitals.

I am truly sorry to read of your misfortune. We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities so I take your concerns very, very seriously. Your comments will be fully researched and all findings will be acted upon swiftly and accordingly. My management team is committed to meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and appreciates any opportunity to bring our well established, dedicated level of service even higher. Becoming America’s number one family of extended stay hotels has given us the opportunity to welcome millions of valued patrons, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. Our continued success is based on the simple belief that we reached that achievement one guest at a time. It’s a process I believe symbolizes our pledge to provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. It’s always an honor to hear from our guests when we are doing a good job, but it’s a privilege to hear from a guest who cares enough to want us to do it even better.

Been to Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.

Address: 5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701
Location: United States > Maryland > Frederick
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Frederick Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.