“Wonderful 3 night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Georgia
“Wonderful 3 night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at Fairfield Inn in Frederick for 3 nights to attend a wedding. Our stay there was very pleasant. Everyone we saw that worked on the staff was friendly and always greeted us either leaving or entering the hotel. The location was great, close to shopping and many restaurants.
The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was very good with good variety.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ridley Park, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stopped here for a quick overnight stay. All staff were pleasant and polite and the hotel was very clean. Breakfast area was clean and well staffed. It also was very quiet and the beds were comfy. It was easy off of 270.

Across the street is a shopping center with stores like Chicos, The Loft, etc and a few restaurants. One was Mediterranean Grill was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Location near I-270 and I-70 is convenient. Shopping Center next door has plenty of options for lunch and dinner. Hotel breakfast was pretty run of the mill, and they did have a waffle maker, which is a huge plus in my book. My room didn't have a microwave, which should be a requirement for anything with "Suite" in the title.

I would stay here again, good hotel for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I enjoyed a quick overnight stay at this hotel earlier this summer. This was actually a 2nd trip, but I didn’t write a review previously. I definitely enjoyed my stay at this property. It’s easy to find and close to the highway as well as a shopping center and restaurants. The front desk people were are friendly and were helpful both with church locations and mass times as well as restaurant directions. The indoor pool looked nice but had noisy kids in it, so I passed. Breakfast is the typical, I enjoyed the offerings, but on a crowded weekend morning the table space is at premium. I have zero hesitation to stay there again. I might only stay somewhere different simply to check out another property or for a much better price. I drove a ways to my restaurant (Carabbas’s) but there were plenty of restaurants almost walking distance to the hotel with tons nearby in a mall area. Enjoy it if you go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
South Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Quentin at the front desk provided superior service upon checkin. We were traveling with small loud children and needed special help with our room. Quentin approached the problem with a "can-do" spirit and not only addressed our concern but did so with grace and kindness. The hotel also offers a laundry room with complimentary supplies - a great help for families while traveling.
The property is near a shopping center with an organic market (open 9-9), which is another bonus for busy traveling parents. And, true to Marriott standards, the property is clean, well-maintained, and stylish.

• Stayed August 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I rate this place as excellent because of the service. It was outstanding. I say this primarily because, we had an emergency situation during our stay and the staff really came through. The ambulance was there in 5 minutes (they said it would have been faster had they been at their garage, instead of dropping off at the hospital). I believe them! The general manager (Danny V.), came to the hotel on his day off mind you, and really showed a caring attitude toward my family and I. It is that type of care I look for in a hotel stay. Needless to say, with the emergency, we weren't in the hotel all that long, but in our time there I found; a very nice pool, heated to a very comfortable temperature, nice size rooms with adequate bathrooms. Good pressure in the shower, comfortable beds, and quality HVAC control. The TV was nice and the breakfast was very professional (although not enough fruit for my liking). The hotel is located perfectly off of I-270 and is just a short distance from the hospital (I know). I recommend this place without reservation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've just finished a 9-day stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. It's an absolutely run-of-the-mill highway motel - clean, new, perfectly acceptable in every way for visitors who just want a decent place to stay. It's in the Francis Scott Key Mall area of Frederick, but the historic downtown (where I was working) is a cab-ride away - the fare for which varied an astonishing $9-13 depending on the route the driver took through the maze of highway interchanges that disfigure this otherwise quite pretty bit of Maryland. One factor in the Fairfield Inn's favour is that the staff were uniformly exceptionally helpful - big plus, Fairfield Inn. I'd point out only two less favourable aspects. First, while the breakfast is complimentary (and recently has expanded to include cooked eggs and weird round 'sausages') it's virtually all pre-packaged and is consumed using throw-away crockery and cutlery. The place must ship vast amounts of plastic to landfill - surely introducing re-usable cutlery and washable plates and cups would be better for the environment?
Also, it was a very hot summer, so the air-conditioner in my room was a necessity, but it was so loud (turning itself off and on, gurgling and rumbling) that it affected my sleep. The best plan, I found, was to simply turn it off from midnight to morning. Oh, and speaking of wasteful, the only way to get from the lobby to the two upper floors was by a v e r y, v e r y s l o w lift (elevator) - why couldn't they have built stairs? So the Fairfield was a good base for me, and I'd recommend it if you have a no nonsense reason to stay, subject to the cautions I've made.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room and save yourself hours waiting for that lift!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Betsy C, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Peter. Thank you so much for your recent extended stay and for the review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick. We thrive off of feedback like yours, as it is an important aspect to customer service. One point I would like to make - the hotel actually does have two sets of stairs on either side of the building, leading the guest from side entrances (connected to the lobby) up to each guest floor. I apologize that you were not made aware of the stairways during your visit! We hope to see you return to Frederick, Maryland soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!