“Great Stay at the Frederick Fairfield” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Washington, DC
“Great Stay at the Frederick Fairfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I enjoyed a quick overnight stay at this hotel earlier this summer. This was actually a 2nd trip, but I didn’t write a review previously. I definitely enjoyed my stay at this property. It’s easy to find and close to the highway as well as a shopping center and restaurants. The front desk people were are friendly and were helpful both with church locations and mass times as well as restaurant directions. The indoor pool looked nice but had noisy kids in it, so I passed. Breakfast is the typical, I enjoyed the offerings, but on a crowded weekend morning the table space is at premium. I have zero hesitation to stay there again. I might only stay somewhere different simply to check out another property or for a much better price. I drove a ways to my restaurant (Carabbas’s) but there were plenty of restaurants almost walking distance to the hotel with tons nearby in a mall area. Enjoy it if you go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
South Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Quentin at the front desk provided superior service upon checkin. We were traveling with small loud children and needed special help with our room. Quentin approached the problem with a "can-do" spirit and not only addressed our concern but did so with grace and kindness. The hotel also offers a laundry room with complimentary supplies - a great help for families while traveling.
The property is near a shopping center with an organic market (open 9-9), which is another bonus for busy traveling parents. And, true to Marriott standards, the property is clean, well-maintained, and stylish.

• Stayed August 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I rate this place as excellent because of the service. It was outstanding. I say this primarily because, we had an emergency situation during our stay and the staff really came through. The ambulance was there in 5 minutes (they said it would have been faster had they been at their garage, instead of dropping off at the hospital). I believe them! The general manager (Danny V.), came to the hotel on his day off mind you, and really showed a caring attitude toward my family and I. It is that type of care I look for in a hotel stay. Needless to say, with the emergency, we weren't in the hotel all that long, but in our time there I found; a very nice pool, heated to a very comfortable temperature, nice size rooms with adequate bathrooms. Good pressure in the shower, comfortable beds, and quality HVAC control. The TV was nice and the breakfast was very professional (although not enough fruit for my liking). The hotel is located perfectly off of I-270 and is just a short distance from the hospital (I know). I recommend this place without reservation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've just finished a 9-day stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. It's an absolutely run-of-the-mill highway motel - clean, new, perfectly acceptable in every way for visitors who just want a decent place to stay. It's in the Francis Scott Key Mall area of Frederick, but the historic downtown (where I was working) is a cab-ride away - the fare for which varied an astonishing $9-13 depending on the route the driver took through the maze of highway interchanges that disfigure this otherwise quite pretty bit of Maryland. One factor in the Fairfield Inn's favour is that the staff were uniformly exceptionally helpful - big plus, Fairfield Inn. I'd point out only two less favourable aspects. First, while the breakfast is complimentary (and recently has expanded to include cooked eggs and weird round 'sausages') it's virtually all pre-packaged and is consumed using throw-away crockery and cutlery. The place must ship vast amounts of plastic to landfill - surely introducing re-usable cutlery and washable plates and cups would be better for the environment?
Also, it was a very hot summer, so the air-conditioner in my room was a necessity, but it was so loud (turning itself off and on, gurgling and rumbling) that it affected my sleep. The best plan, I found, was to simply turn it off from midnight to morning. Oh, and speaking of wasteful, the only way to get from the lobby to the two upper floors was by a v e r y, v e r y s l o w lift (elevator) - why couldn't they have built stairs? So the Fairfield was a good base for me, and I'd recommend it if you have a no nonsense reason to stay, subject to the cautions I've made.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room and save yourself hours waiting for that lift!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Betsy C, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frederick, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Peter. Thank you so much for your recent extended stay and for the review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick. We thrive off of feedback like yours, as it is an important aspect to customer service. One point I would like to make - the hotel actually does have two sets of stairs on either side of the building, leading the guest from side entrances (connected to the lobby) up to each guest floor. I apologize that you were not made aware of the stairways during your visit! We hope to see you return to Frederick, Maryland soon!
Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We checked in on a Saturday. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. Upon entering the room it had a very musty/stale smell. Not sure if the hotel cleaning is lacking or it is overused and needing an upgrade. Aside from the smell the air conditioner was extremely noisy. If you are a light sleeper I would definitely stay away. The breakfast was not very good and very crowded. You would be better spending a couple of bucks at a McDonalds or something similar. We did use the pool and found it to be needing an rehab or at least repainting. Overall I was very unimpressed with this hotel and would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms do not seem that great and are in need of a rehab. So it is probably similar no matter what r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just returned home from a wonderful stay here for a family wedding. Location was excellent for our needs, rooms were very clean & crisp, staff was overly helpful, breakfast was great. Only downside was the pool was not open for two of our 4 day stay ( maint. ) but we were
accommodated by the Residence Pool across the Courtyard : ) ..... Sat / Sun pool was open, but some unruly children and an ineffective Mom made relaxing in the hot tub impossible. Children should be not be allowed in the pool room after 9pm, so adults can have some ' chill ' time and conversation without undo shrieking and screaming by 10 - 14 yr olds. . After all, who is paying the bill ?
We will be staying here again on our next visit this year, enjoy !! Jeff from Long Island NY

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor just behind and left of the breakfast area - - even with a packed hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel name is misleading, the rooms are the farthest from suites. Furthermore, as a business oriented individual I felt this hotel lacked mature staff and were largely inexperienced. The rooms dont have windows theres no fresh air. After one night I saved myself further disappointment and switched to a hotel across the street.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!