“hotel is convenient and a good value for the cost conscious traveler.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Frederick

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
USA
“hotel is convenient and a good value for the cost conscious traveler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

i stay at the travelodge when traveling to agility trials with my dogs in the Frederick area. i find that for the price i get a good deal. the hotel is clean, friendly to me and the dogs, and convenient to the places we have to go. there is a fridge and microwave in the room and free internet. lots of restaurants nearby to choose from. they could do better with the free continental breakfast in the morning, but that's pretty minor.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

This choice was all about economy, and I got what I paid for. Reasonable rates but pretty much lacking in anything beyond necessities. Most frustrating was trying to find how to drive to & from the hotel. Ramp from expressway under construction & will one day be most convenient but in meantime: driving through a Costco parking lot to get to hotel. Front desk staff are among the most stoic I've encountered. Rooms were clean & quiet. Good value for one night just passing through.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Travelodge is not normally our preferred lodging but it would be if they were all like this one. Pet friendly, very clean and well appointed for this class lodging. Pauline checked us in, JoAnne checked us out. Both were very pleasant and professional. Breakfast was not long on variety but clean, fresh, and tasty. No restaurant in walking distance but right next to Costco. We were looking for a clean room with comfortable bed and we certainly found it here.
Mike & Dian

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Let's say something nice .... quiet nice and quiet despite having a very full hotel. A/C worked very well. We like a room to be a bit onthe cooler side and with the sof drone of a fan running. A lot of places have updated their units so the fan only works when the a/c or heater kicks on .... this place was fine in this regard.

Clean comfy beds! Slept like a ton a bricks. Bathroom nice and clean.

Now for the down side - minor but still down:

1) Dang hard to find. Take a wrong turn and you'll wind up back on I 70. It's behind a Costgo on a road under construction.

2) Limited parking. Lots of construction and other technical people in big trucks. Had to drive around and around to find a spot.

3) Lobby looks spiffy for 1970 but lousy for 2009 - musty, old and univiting. Desk clerk was having a smoke outside when we arrived.

4) The world smallest elevator. May 5 people w/o luggage could fit in ther. Two people with luggage.

5) Clean breakfast room with lousy selections. So cheap they even cut the Danish's in half. No English muffins or bagels.

But the worst part was the price. We normally stay in Frederick when traveling to the DC area, but Traelodge is charging DC prices for only moderate accomodations.

It's your choice - but Frederick is NOT NYS or DC and the prices are too high.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

I had been staying at a very expensive hotel, while on travel for my job. I needed to find another hotel room for a few more nights because that hotel did not have any available rooms.

I must admit, I was a very doubtful that I would stay at this hotel a second night based on the price of $54 (government employee discount), I thought that the hotel would be horrible!!!. Being that I checked in at 2:00 in the morning after working 18 hours I didn't care. If the room was bad, I would check out before going back to work and find another hotel.

To my surprise, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the room had a fridge and microwave. :-)

I ended up not just staying one night but SIX nights and saved alot of money!!!!!

If you are looking for an affordable hotel or you are on business travel, Travelodge is a very good choice. The hotel is right off of I-70 which makes it very easy to get to.

Dave at the front desk was a pleasure to see and deal with, he always had a smile on his face. Thanks Dave!!!!

When my job sends me back to Frederick, I will definitely stay at the Travelodge again.

I

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We have stayed here 3 times now for dog shows and will be back next month- the hotel is being renovated and we were pleased with the new rooms. the staff was very friendly as we had 4 dogs with us and they were always smiling etc. Joanne who works the middle and night shift was extremely friendly and helpful as well as the others who worked the front desk. Area is the greatest, but not hotels fault, prices are very good and for going to the dog shows in that area at least 4 times a year, we always stay here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
williamstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

very clean nice staff traveled to a dog show with my dogs and they were very nice to everyone including my dogs also they return your room depoist for your dogs chenck your room and if the way you leave it as it was went you went in with no problems from your dogs they return your dep never had a motel do that usually just charge for dogs would defintley stay ther again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Frederick? Share your experiences!