“Bad first impression but nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Frederick

You added Super 8 Frederick to your Saves list
Super 8 Frederick
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Monocacy Blvd., Frederick, MD 21704 (Formerly Travelodge Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Toms River
“Bad first impression but nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Good clean looking hotel, lobby is large, rooms are nice, bathrooms are good. Lots of behind the building parking with no signed access to the hotel. A staff member was annoyed with me that I had to get a roll away bed and I had 3 people in my room. Day people were nice.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, helpful & made us feel welcome. General manager was extremely rude to 2 employees in front of not only me & my fiance but also 3-4 other guests that were in the lobby at the time! He was so rude & unprofessional one family actually walked out said they would go elsewhere and stay! When i asked to speak to someone in charge to make a complaint he stated he was the General Manager and I couldn't believe he would treat his employees that way, especially in front of guests! Was not expecting that from a Wyndham Hotel as I've stayed with the Wyndham chain all over the USA including Jamaica and had never experienced anything but welcome from staff and management. I will be calling and making a formal complaint to the Wyndham chain hoping he id reprimanded if not fired for his attitude and unprofessionalism!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the most scary place I ever stayed at. I first entered the lobby, or what you can call a lobby. All over the lobby were advertisements for snacks that were locked up. It made sense why they were all locked up given the type of people that stay or as you can say live here. The elevator is tiny, maybe fits 4 people max and felt like it was going to break. The hallways are extremely thin, dark, and long. When I mean these are long hallways, I am not kidding. I was terrified and it takes a lot to scare me. There are several "lower" class individuals staying at this hotel on a temporary basis. This is almost a hotel meant for long-term residents. I think the hotel is renting the rooms out for an extended basis for cheap, which attracts less than unsavory characters. The breakfast was terrible, pretty much cereal that's it. For those thinking this hotel is a good deal at the price, it is definitely not. You would have to pay me to stay here. Stay somewhere else for your own safety.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
South Hadley, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed at a quite decent Travelodge in San Francisco and assumed that they all would be pretty much the same. Well, wrong assumption! This place was one of the seediest places I've ever been in. Ever! The room smelled strongly of chemicals. The sheets were so threadbareI wouldn't save them for rags. The lobby is filled with poor souls hanging out who have obviously been given short term housing subsidy vouchers. Oddly, when we arrived there were signs all over the property indicating it was now a Motel 8, but when I booked the room, it was considered a Travelodge. I was shocked by this experience and couldn't wait til morning to leave, so we didn't try the breakfast. Admittedly, the room was fairly clean and recently renovated. Still, this place was unacceptable to me, and I am not overly picky.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Livonia, mi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2015

Stayed there overnight and just locked myself in my room. Didn't even want to go outside. Was on 4th floor. It was a large place and had only one small elevator. Saw lots of children hanging out by themselves in the lobby. Appeared to be a welfare hotel. Got it through Priceline and would never have booked on my own. They said it was a 2-star, I would rate it 1-star. It did have the fastest wifi of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Clocked at 55 mbps download.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Frederick? Share your experiences!