“Safety was an issue for me!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Irwin, Pennsylvania
“Safety was an issue for me!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I booked my overnight stay here because of the awesome stay at the Travelodge in Clearwater, Florida. I will say the room and the bathroom were clean. These are usually the only things that matter to me. What really bothered me here is that when I went to check in it was almost midnight and I drove around the building to find a parking spot. Seeing no spots, I parked in front of the doors. I went in, gave my name and got my key. I asked the desk clerk where I should park and she rudely said, "wherever you can find a spot." I let her know that there weren't any open spots and she said again rudely, "I guess you will have to park where the trucks are." As I drove around the building I see that these trucks are all 18 wheelers parked in another back lot behind the hotel. I was angry that I was expected to park back there and walk through the dark lot alone at midnight. When I do get to my room I see how they have a paper to promote safety for the guests but weren't really all that worried if I was told to park where I was. It may have been better if they offered to have someone walk with you for safety reasons. If they have rooms rented then they should have parking spaces for each of those rooms. This won't stop me from staying at another Travelodge but I will research more before I do.

Room Tip: Check in during daylight hours!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sharpsburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I simply needed a place to stay for one night and I wasn't looking for fancy. My first clue that it was going to barely suffice was the pile of rusty kids bikes at the end of the building. The person that greeted us didn't even rise up out of her chair and just pointed the way. The elevator was dingy, dark and dirty. The room was passably clean. I could have spent 5 dollars more and had a really nice hotel. Next time....

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Carmichaels, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Asked for non-smoking smelled like cigarettes in hallway and room. The beds,we tried both was hard as bricks. I like a firm mattress but was to hard even for me. Was not easy to find we was at Sheetz off the exit and called the front desk person stated they was across freeway, well we pull out off Sheetz went down the road past car lots and didn't see it. Probably drove around ten minutes went back to Sheetz just to find that it was behind them.

Room Tip: Price was good , room was clean.
Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Pasadena
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

overall, less than good. hair on sheets and in tub, trash on floor, old food in the fridge, unfriendly front desk person during check-in, room stunk, noisy at all hours. I would expect this from a fleabag hotel, and I was not disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Nairobi, Kenya
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The staff were fantastic. They were extremely helpful and hospitable. However, cockroaches were plentiful, and patrons huddled outside the front door smoking out of a corncob pipe. Not terribly family friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA EEUU
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at Frederick Travelodge June 20 and 21, 2014 and found the room to be clean and inviting, with clean and stocked bathroom, refrigerator of ample size, and good sound insulation. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was cleaned and straightened between the first and second nights of my stay. The hotel is adjacent to Costco, which I found useful. I title this review "Almost surprisingly nice" because I have read some very negative comments about this property and I wanted to share my pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Frederick? Share your experiences!