“An ongoing review” 3 of 5 stars

Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #16 of 21 hotels in Frederick
“An ongoing review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

As a pretty fared traveller I have stayed in many hotels. I can firmly say this is not the worst. The front desk clerk (male) was very nice. We got onto the elevator where we immediately noticed a stench. It was tolerable. The 3rd floor however is not. The smoking and nonsmoking rooms are all mixed up. The hallways reek like smoke probably because of the prostitute smoking in the hallway (there's literally an ashtray in the hall next to the elevator). Our room was clean and smelled nice nothing like the hallway at all. The TV is old and not hi def. Our shower had like mold and dirt in the tub and was dripping wet from the last guest. There was used soap bars in the tub. The front desk man immediately sent someone to clean it while we went out for dinner. We came back and the room was spic and span! The WiFi doesn't work so we called the execunet number on the card in our room. No help. Went to the front desk and the lady told us she didn't know anything about wifi and we have to wait until the morning for building maintenance to come reboot the router. Really? Night 1 of our 6 day stay.... Stay tuned.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Frederick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Asked for a non-smoking room !!!! But smelled like smoke in the lobby, hallway and the room. Front desk guy was kind of rude.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Hampstead, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked this hotel through Hotwire for a couple night stay in Frederick. We were in town mainly for 4th of July fireworks and to do some foodie and bar hopping downtown. A big plus is that they do allow dogs and they did not mention any restrictions. We were permitted to bring our 70+ lb golden retriever for a $25 pet fee.

The location is by the highway but road noise was not noticeable for us. It may have been because our AC unit was very loud. Whenever it kicked on, it rattled for a good minute or so before settling into a normal hum. Parking was fine early but when we came back late from downtown, it was pretty packed and we had to walk around the whole building to get in. As another person mentioned, there do seem to be some long term residents at the hotel but they aren't threatening or scary (unless not being white is threatening or scary to you), however they do hang around some common areas at times.

The room itself was very basic but with nice amenities for the price and clean enough. A good size fridge and freezer combo was in the room along with a flat screen TV and coffee maker. The bed was a squishy old feeling mattress. I got a decent night sleep on it but I wouldn't say it was comfortable. Shower pressure was good. You can get some hallway noise as the door does have space/a crack at the bottom of the door. We did not do the continental breakfast. Internet was functional and works fine for basic browsing. It was spotty in areas of our room so I think it's probably luck of the draw on where your room is.

Upon check in, the front desk was very friendly and courteous. I actually probably was going to leave this review as a 3 prior to check out as the last 30 minutes there left a bad taste in my mouth. The check out time, as far as I am aware (as posted on the website and as appearing on my Hotwire confirmation), is noon. At 11am on the nose, we get a call from the front desk asking us if we are staying another night. I mention that I thought the check out time was noon, thinking maybe I was mistaken and it was actually 11am prompting the call. She says "Yes it's between 11am and 12". Ok, I reply that we will be out by noon. Odd but maybe they're just making sure you're up and about. 20 minutes later as my wife and I are finishing packing our bags, we get a 2nd call. This time it is housekeeping, again asking us if we are staying another day or leaving. I reply that we will be leaving shortly. We grab our bags and drop off our keys at the front desk about 5 mins later and ask if there is anything else they needed from us. The front desk agent couldn't bother to look up at us but replied "No". There was no "thank you for staying", "have a good day", nothing...guess they were just glad to be rid of us.

Based on the location, this seemed to be a midway stop for a lot of travelers heading to the beach from points west and north and I would say that that's probably as far as what I would recommend this hotel for. If you want a cheap, clean room for a night with decent amenities, the Travelodge Frederick does provide a good value, but I would not recommend for more than that. I do plan on returning to Frederick (great 4th of July event and awesome restaurants and bars) but I think I'll skip a Hotwire gamble on this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lowell, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The hotel stunk of smoke, the front-desk receptionist was rude (telling us we booked 2 queen beds when our reservation stated single king), the elevator stank like mildew, the room they gave us was next to the stairwell and ice machine, the room itself stunk of smoke, the bed sheets were rumpled, dirty blankets - white stains everywhere, the bathroom had a dead roach on the floor - which we left for housekeeping who missed it while "cleaning" the room, the tub had mildew in the tile grout, and the continental breakfast was a joke! Overall not worth your time or money. There's a great Marriott just down the road and they know how to treat guests with respect.

Room Tip: I would not stay here - rather sleep in the park on a bench.