“Avoid scary unsafe and dirty!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Frederick

You added Super 8 Frederick to your Saves list
Super 8 Frederick
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Monocacy Blvd., Frederick, MD 21704 (Formerly Travelodge Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
LeRoy, NY
“Avoid scary unsafe and dirty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Thought was good price but after seeing room was scared. Bad location, scary atmosphere requested non smoking room and when walked in room smelled of smoke. Corridors smelled of old cooked food and urine. Room was dirty not vacuumed hair in sink and dirty mirrors I could write on! YUK!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Arthur005, Owner at Super 8 Frederick, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We are guite upset to hear your complaints. We believe our motel is very clean and well maintained. If you had said something at the time of your stay we cerainly could have fixed any problems you encountered. We restrict smoking as much as we reasonably can and we are sorry for the issues you encountered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gallitzin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Clean room, basic double bed, coffe maker, mic, refg. t.v. Mall up the road with lots of places to eat. If you are travleling by car, good value. Used AAA rate for room.
GPS gives wrong directions. (Take exit 54) or call first. Staff very good . The front desk called to check if everything was o.k. We were taking a nap phone gave my heart a jump start.
Tiny check in area.( very busy place.)
Basic bear bites breakfast. No restaurant,No pool.
Very small elevator. Hallway smells, but room did not.

Room Tip: AAA rate. Call for direction.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here while on a minor league baseball trip. The stadium (Harry Grove) is in walking distance. Front desk was nice as were the cleaning crew. . No restaurants within walking distance. This is the 3rd year in a row I have stayed here. Downtown is close

Room Tip: There is a Cosco next door. If your a light sleeper you might want to be on the other side of buildi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Richland Hills, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The evening clerk was very crude and impolite, did not perform anything but the minimum service required to get us checked in. A far cry fom other hotels on our trip. It rminded me oftime while trvlling through Alabama where the check in process included a room key and a fresh set of sheets handed you through the opening in the window of the office. Though I did not see any, I expected to find Hookers hanging out in the driveway.

The room was clean but smelled of smoke in a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Hard to find if you use a garmin. Get a map.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Winchester, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Got a pretty cheap rate on Priceline, and hotel was clean, nice for an older hotel. Only beef was slow, small elevator. The address is wrong on the website, it is Monocacy Blvd., not Drive. GPS didn't get me there, I had to call the desk for directions.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall on 4th floor. Very quiet. No view, however.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Super 8 Frederick, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Very happy that you liked our hotel. Wish we could expand the elevator, we may try mirrors. It is nice to get a good review. What site had the incorrect designation of Road and not Blvd? We would like to correct it. Thanks again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I drive a semi for a living and I relay on my wife to reserve me a room alot of the time. Yesterday I ask her to call and get me a smoking room and when she did LISA was really rude and said there will be a room. When I got closer I had my wife call back to make sure there was still a room and Lisa answered the phone again and said I told you there would be a room and hung up on her. When I got to the hotel the same lady was there and was talking on her personal cell phone and never hung up but started checking me in. Another lady ask for a couple of towel and this really upset Lisa she rolled her eyes and told the person she was talking to on her phone I am goingto have to call you back and take care of these people. I got my room and ordered me a pizza and went back to ask for change so I could tip the delivery driver and she was on her phone again and said now what do you need when I walked up to the counter. VERY RUDE LADY if she doesn't like her job than maybe she should quit. I called today to talk to the manager and his voice mail was so out dated that it said he would be out of the office from March ? to April ? REALLy this is June. Wow Update your voice mail at least once a month. I am very disappointed with the service I received. I had stayed there in the past and don't know if I will return after last night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Super 8 Frederick, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Very sorry about the problem your husband had at the hotel. We have talked with the front desk person about the issue and she has been instructed how to handle her home emergencies when she is on the job. As for the managers mistake of not changing his message that has been taken care of and I am assured that it will not happen again. We value your husbands patronage and if we get the chance we will do everything we can to make him feel welcome.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I tend to usually stay in chains I'm familiar with but gave this travel lodge a try. I was expecting something average for the price but actually found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. The room was spotlessly clean and I loved that the toilet seat was sealed after being cleaned.

I noticed some reviews earlier about smoke in the hall way. It wasn't actually too bad. I had a non smoking room on the 4th floor and the room smelt fine to me. The hall was a little smoky, but nothing too extreme. I used to work in hotels so I know how difficult it is to stop people smoking in the rooms and hall ways. I think a small charge would be perfect for any evidence of guests smoking in the rooms.

I had a bit of difficulty finding the hotel. It's not GPS friendly. My GPS recognized the address but it took me to the wrong place, however it's easy to find with directions. The receptionist was friendly and helped me to get there. She also watched my bags in the lobby while I parked the car, so I didn't have to struggle with the bags.

Yes, the elevator is small but it's not like you will spend all your time in it anyway and there are rooms on the first floor if you want to avoid it.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Arthur005, Owner at Super 8 Frederick, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We try very hard to exceed our customers expectations. Your review is very helpful in getting the word out there about the value we try to provide. Thanks again.

Been to Super 8 Frederick? Share your experiences!