“Wonderful Customer Service!! Made all the difference!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful Customer Service!! Made all the difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

My family and I were traveling from Deep Creek Lake to Arlington VA when we got caught in the 2/21/2011 snow storm. Worst roads I'd ever been on. We stopped at the Hampton Inn to stay the night and had a wonderful, most welcome rest from that tough trip.

The staff was so helpful and friendly - it really helped my family and I relax and have fun. My wife wasn't feeling well, so I took my 3 young daughters to breakfast by myself. Marcela helped me so much by get them situated with their food and she helped me keep the girls happy and game them coloring books!

After breakfast, I went out to my car to scrape off the snow... and Andre went out of his way to come over and scrape off the ice and snow for me! I didn't ask for his help - he just did it (and, with a smile on his face, by the way). This is the kind of customer service that really makes a big difference in any company and should be recognized and rewarded.

I have to say that I can't usually find the time to weigh in online for hotel/restaurant recommendations, but I wanted to make an exception in this case. Nowadays... customer service is pretty hard to come by, so I just wanted to highlight the wonderful staff at the Hampton Inn in Frederick !!

Cheers,
G Wilson

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Kinda rude Front Desk staff. Room upgrade was ok - not terribly sizey rooms.
Awful view (why are so many of the Hotels in this yuk location!)
Breakfast restaurant staff very nice. Breakfast was ok.
Concluded just another one of those 'blah' hotels.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

During the 2010 season, I worked as the tour escort for several groups that stayed at the Hampton Inn in Frederick MD. We visited the property for 3-day tours in June, September and October. On each visit, I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the great location. To have a very good restaurant with a lounge attached is the cherry on the sundae! Folks who had spent all day on the bus sightseeing didn't have to endure a long ride to dinner!

Roann (group tours) was there at every arrival to make sure things went smoothly and our clients were treated like welcome guests. She is a gem! The breakfast was excellent with enough choices to satisfy everyone--to call it a "continental breakfast" does not begin to describe it!

While no property can be perfect, the couple of small maintenance issues we experienced (i.e. clogged toilet) were quickly and efficiently handled by Victor. And not only is he efficient, he does his job with a smile!

I've had the opportunity to stay at many properties during my 20 years as a tour director, but for the money, you can't beat this hotel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

This hotel was clean and comfortable. However, it is overpriced for the area and the time of year. Also, the room had a very strong air-freshener smell - as if to cover up the smell of something. The staff was very courteous and the complimentary breakfast was very good. Internet was also good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lewis Center, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip to Baltimore/DC from Columbus, OH. We started our drive late and decided to stop about an hour out from Baltimore. Let me begin with you can see the Hampton Inn from I-68 and it is easily found. To turn into the hotel you have to pay close attention or you may end up in a Toyota dealership or actually coming in the out. The staff was good and teh rooms were very clean

Doesn't look like your typical Hampton Inn from the inside or outside. It is an older building and has a restuarant attached. When we arrived around 10pm Saturday night there was already a very rowdy crowd in the lobby. We headed up to our room and around 2am the hallway got very noisy with people slamming doors and shouting. This is the only downside to the hotel.

It is a decent hotel to stay at though for a night on the road. I love Hamptons, if this were a hotel with different name brand I probably would not have stayed here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Spotswood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

This home away from home has stepped up on every request that can be thown at them! I have done it to them an saw first hand how they saved the day. The staff is amazing. They take a personal intrest to see that your stay is less stressful than your workday did to you. 5 *****'s

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

I was impressed with this Hampton for some reason. Checkin was easy and we got right to the room.

Room
Huge for a Hampton. The decor was a little dated but its not a big deal at all.

TV
This was my one complaint. The TV was in a cabinet and it didn't tilt out far enough to watch when I was at the desk. Plus it was a CRT.

Bed
No problems and i felt like it was a fine nights sleep.

Pillows
Left something to be desired. I feel like every where I go now I get a rock solid pillow and one that is air. And that was the case here also.

Bathroom
No problems and had hot water right away.

Breakfast
Regular breakfast. the attendant kept everything stocked.

Front desk
They were helpful and friendly. I went to asked for a few things and they had them each time.

Overall
I was happy. The location was good close to the highway. There is also a restaurant in the hotel which is rare for a Hampton.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!