“Great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wisconsin, United States
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great value for our family. Clean, friendly, updated. The mechanics of the hotel are still dated ( weak toilet flush, slow draining tub/sink. But everything is clean and fresh and the staff was especially friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
White Plains, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Room was spacious, clean and modern. I like the note on the headboard that states that the sheets and comforter were all freshly washed. Accommodations were great. One morning I woke to what sounded like jack hammering next door. I think repairs were being done on that floor. Other than that the stay was as good as expected. I didn't get a chance to check out the pool.

Frederick, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My stay was scheduled for 13 days. Prior to this stay, I have always had first rate stays with Hilton Properties and as a Hilton Honors member, I was always taken care of. First of all, the hotel is under renovations. When I made my reservation on the phone directly with the hotel, no a single mention of this. When I arrived, I gave the desk clerk my Hilton Honor card and was told that Hilton Honors did not mean anything in this particular Hotel besides receiving points. No upgrades were available or granted. Next I was told to go to my room and wait to be let in. I inquired why and was told that the card machine was not working but that someone would come with a key when it was back online...did not receive a key until third day of my stay. On the first three days, my room was never cleaned, trash taken out, and for the entire 7 days my bed sheets were never changed. The emergency door could not be closed so I had swarms of insects. I asked numerous times to change rooms, or even properties, only to be told that nothing was available. Then the phone lines, the internet, and the cable went on the fritz. Every time I inquired I was told it was temporary. Finally no phone lines, no internet, and no cable. I need phones and internet for my job. This was the final straw. Finally the hotel made reservation for me to move to Hilton Garden for the remaing six days of my stay. Well, you probably think that this is the end of this horrible nightmare, but it was just the beggining. Upon my return, I checked my charges to my card and saw two charges from Hampton Inn, One for 7 days and....you guessed it, a charge for the other 6 days of which I was not even there. I called and the hassel of trying to have the 6 days refunded took over two hours and still was not resolved. Finally I had enough. I demanded that the enire stay be credited and was told that this would not be possible, even though the hotel has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. According to Hampton Inn, as long as they can get you to stay, this voids the guarantee. So all the promises by management and staff to correct the deficiencies just ensured that they would not have to refund any of the costs. Just for the record, I do not pay for my hotel cost, so I am not somebody trying to get out of a bill, but also, I can not in good faith allow the agency that I work for to pay for such low quality service. I am still working on this and I am about to start talking to my leadership to see if I cannot have the Hampton Inn banned from allowing any federal employees from ever staying there.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks while I was in town for business. The Staff is always thinking of ways to make your stay a pleasant one. The location is central and ideal. The staff was great each and every time I came through the hotel and always addressed me. Breakfast was great and internet speed was fast for working from my room. My room was very clean and updated and always cleans. I stayed in a room closest to the elevator and didn’t have my sleep affected at all. Even was a lot of activities during the weekend I believe was quite please to relax and take care of business. The hotel was going through renovation and did not affect the ability of the staff to make sure you have any inconvinece during the transition. The only thing that was missing is a bar or entertainment area to have few cocktail to relax your mind after a long day of hard work. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the Frederick, MD area.

north aurora, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. I love the Frederick area when I go there on travel. This time I stayed the hotel was on the tail end of the construction and things were just a little disaray. The room key machine was broken and the staff had to walk you up to your room to open the door. By day two I got my room key. The next time I go here on travel I think I will give one of the new hotels in the Marriott family a try. Yes I would stay here again.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for a wedding weekend. I travel the world for business and this hotel had one of friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have stayed in. Check it out if you are in the area! BTW go into downtown Frederick its a quaint town with great shops and restaurants!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I always try to stay at the Hampton Inn on Buckeystown Pike whenever I travel to Frederick, MD. The rates are reasonable, the rooms are nice, and the complimentary breakfast appeals to whatever your taste may be. I just wish they had an open cafe onsite.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!