“Made an unexpected stay bearable.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save Big
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Made an unexpected stay bearable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were supposed to drive back to Pittsburgh, PA but due to the weather spent 2 nights in this hotel. The room had a nice bed, a fridge, and a microwave and a decent TV. It was clean except my wife noticed a house fly in the bathroom on the first night but we discovered the window had not been fully closed which is probably how the fly got in. One confusing thing was we had requested a smoking room but the floor the room was on had signs all over stating that it was a non-smoking floor. I confirmed with the front desk that our room was indeed smoking however if I were a
Non- smoker I would not be thrilled to learn that there were smoking rooms on my floor. One other minor annoyance. I had originally made the reservation for 1 night but when I called down to the desk to add a night they forgot to add the access to my room key which caused me to be temporarily locked out of my room. We missed the breakfast on both days and the bar inside the hotel was apparently closed both days we were there. All in all it was a good stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Being on the road for extended periods can be taxing and isolating but with the wonderful assistance of Hampton Inn and its staff is refreshing. The front desk staff is always pleasant and professional, expense reports are common reports during these stays but there was some difficulty with creating the documents to present with the travel expense report. Candice was the front desk personnel on duty during the time of my dilemma, as a Hampton Inn professional Candice carefully listen, then provided me my documents and correcting my world. Events of any day can be complicating for a number of different reasons but she smiled and cured this Hampton Inn’s visiting residence.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
We can certainly understand how taxing being a Road Warrior can be! We are so happy to hear that our front desk staff helps to make your trips more bearable. We believe in the power of a smile! We are so happy that you have found our front desk staff to always be pleasant and professional.

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here Fri-Sun on vacation. King bed was huge with five pillows and white linens. Excellent breakfast area with lots of food included in the price. There are two Hampton motels in Frederick. This is near the base. Swimming pool & exercise room open until 10pm. 3 PCs in lobby for guests to use. My only problem was with the TV. The remote for it did not work most of the time. Yet there is a nice desk in the room. I recommend this inn, although a place not too far away is about $30 cheaper. Was charged to make calls to friend who had cell with different area code. This was annoying.

Room Tip: Did not use room service or spa. Stayed on 2nd floor. Very quiet and restful. Ample linens. Shower...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our room faced the front entrance and I-270, but the noise proofing was outstanding. The room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was good with lots of selection including an excellent fruit bowl, real Cheerios, bagels, waffles, eggs,etc. Coffee and tea are avaiable around the clock.

The staff was very accommodating. There were no vending machines. Bring in your own snacks before kicking back for the night. Internet was confusing. If your device fails to connect, try entering "stayconnected@hamptonInn" on the web address line.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philly Burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here for a night in September. The rooms are spacious, the air conditioning is awesome, and the staff was great. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, with make your own waffles available. On the Friday night we were here, it seemed like there was a lot of activity in the bar or club, with lots of people coming and going, but it didn't affect our ability to get a good night's sleep. A pretty good choice in this area, though I think it might be pricier than some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I’m just finishing up 6 days at the Hampton Inn Frederick and, given that it’s rated number one on TripAdvisor, I haven’t had a great stay.

The good: The room is fine, housekeeping is great, shower pressure is good, bed and pillows are good, front desk staff is nice.

The bad: Several things. I must have reserved the last room in the hotel, because I’m stuck in one of their “accessible” rooms. That’s fine in and of itself – other than the shower flooding the bathroom every morning, it’s a non-issue. But the placement is an issue – it’s on the ground floor between the front desk and an event room. When I checked in there was a loud birthday party in the event room. I had traveled all day and wanted to crash early, but that wasn’t in the cards. They turned off the music relatively early, but the people noise kept me awake until after 10:00. That was the only event there this week, but there’s still lobby and front desk noise the rest of the time.

The internet is HORRIBLE. Especially in the evenings, it’s the slowest that I’ve ever encountered at a hotel. I tried for two hours one night to download a couple of emails and wasn’t successful. As a business traveler, I NEED good internet. So that made it a more difficult trip. As did the fact that the there were only two hangers in the closet. I’m here for a week and have 5 dress shirts. Do the math.

The location isn’t great. There’s no traffic light to get out of the hotel, so most days it takes several minutes in the morning to turn left out of the hotel onto Buckeystown Pike. And the breakfast, while free, could be better. The waffles are fine, but the only syrup for them is pure corn syrup. Yum…not. Maple please? And the orange juice was almost pure water twice this week.

So really, given that it’s so highly rated, I was disappointed and likely wouldn’t stay here again. With a better room location and much better internet, it would be a decent business hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We spent one nigh in this hotel in a double queen bed room (2 adults and 2 kids).
This Hampton is just bad.
After we checked in, the toilet broke. We went to dinner and it was fixed by the time we got back. We thought: not a good start, but it can happen, so no biggy.
We went to sleep, just to find out that the A/C was very noisy so we couldn't let it work at night and the room was hot.
The window is not noise sealed and the hotel is next to an interstate road. The noise went on all night long.
The last thing that was bad was the bed. Out of the 2 queen beds, one was ok, but the other one was really bad. It didn't support and felt like the matress was really old. We understood it only when we got up with a back ache in the morning.

Bottom line, this Hampton needs to fix these little things otherwise it will be poor. BTW, all other things in the hotel were just to the level of an average Hampton. The above are basic stuff that should not happen in a Hampton.
We didn't enjoy this Hampton and I doubt if we will return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It is never easy to get less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience at our hotel. However, all feedback is welcomed as it can be used to better train our team and maintain our property’s favorable condition.

All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel. We do our best to correct a guest’s concerns as soon as they are brought to our attention, in order to ensure guest satisfaction. We are pleased to hear that our staff was able to take care of the problem with your bathroom in a prompt manner. We would like to sincerely apologize that you were not able to get a restful night sleep due to the noise from the air conditioning unit and the road traffic. Upon receiving your feedback, our maintenance department has inspected the air conditioning unit in order to ensure that future guests will not experience this problem. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. For our guests who are lighter sleepers, we recommend that you request a room away from highway side of the building. Our staff is happy to accept special requests in order to ensure that our guests have a pleasant stay with us. We understand that the firmness/softness of a mattress is very much a personal preference. We are very sorry to hear that one of the beds in your room was not comfortable for you.

It is always our goal to both meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. Again, we apologize that we did not meet this goal during your stay with us. We truly appreciate your honest and detailed feedback as this helps us to improve the experience for our future guests. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations with both our product and our staff service.