I’m just finishing up 6 days at the Hampton Inn Frederick and, given that it’s rated number one on TripAdvisor, I haven’t had a great stay.
The good: The room is fine, housekeeping is great, shower pressure is good, bed and pillows are good, front desk staff is nice.
The bad: Several things. I must have reserved the last room in the hotel, because I’m stuck in one of their “accessible” rooms. That’s fine in and of itself – other than the shower flooding the bathroom every morning, it’s a non-issue. But the placement is an issue – it’s on the ground floor between the front desk and an event room. When I checked in there was a loud birthday party in the event room. I had traveled all day and wanted to crash early, but that wasn’t in the cards. They turned off the music relatively early, but the people noise kept me awake until after 10:00. That was the only event there this week, but there’s still lobby and front desk noise the rest of the time.
The internet is HORRIBLE. Especially in the evenings, it’s the slowest that I’ve ever encountered at a hotel. I tried for two hours one night to download a couple of emails and wasn’t successful. As a business traveler, I NEED good internet. So that made it a more difficult trip. As did the fact that the there were only two hangers in the closet. I’m here for a week and have 5 dress shirts. Do the math.
The location isn’t great. There’s no traffic light to get out of the hotel, so most days it takes several minutes in the morning to turn left out of the hotel onto Buckeystown Pike. And the breakfast, while free, could be better. The waffles are fine, but the only syrup for them is pure corn syrup. Yum…not. Maple please? And the orange juice was almost pure water twice this week.
So really, given that it’s so highly rated, I was disappointed and likely wouldn’t stay here again. With a better room location and much better internet, it would be a decent business hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Frederick Hotel
- Hampton Inn Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned in the historical town of Frederick, Maryland, the Hampton Inn Frederick hotel is the perfect place to rest after a day out on the town. Explore the cultural landmarks in the city, learn about the development of Civil War medicine, browse the local antique shops and enjoy local dining and entertainment options. As the day winds down, enjoy complimentary internet service, a free hot breakfast each morning, outdoor pool, fitness center, business center and a clean and fresh Hampton bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Frederick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.