“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Toronto
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for only one night, driving back to Toronto, Ontario, from Virginia Beach. Had I known this hotel was going to be this good, I would have tried to stay for at least 2 nights. Extremely clean...even the TV remote had been cleaned and left with a note beside it stating just that. We had a lovely dinner in the lounge/restaurant as well. It was first time staying at the Hampton Inn...we would definitely go back. Great service as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here for a two-week business stint. There are a lot of Hamptons and similar hotels in the Frederick area- including a number in the Hilton family. This one, however, has a good reputation for a reason: The staff. Whether maintenance, front desk, managers, housekeeping- the Hampton Inn Frederick has hired some outstanding staff! Watch the staff when you go- fresh cookies are baked in the evening, and they are absolutely mortified if the cookie supply runs low! Whatever you need, the staff at this Hampton will help you do it. They might as well title the front desk personnel "Concierge Services", because they will direct you to any of three dozen good ethnic restaurants (and aren't shy about telling you where to avoid!) while suggesting interesting places to go.

The elevators here are relatively slow. This is the only con I can come up with. That being said, everything else- staff response to phone calls, requests for maintenance, asking for extra towels, refilling the breakfast buffet- are lightning fast. I've stayed elsewhere in Frederick, but only because this hotel was completely sold out. The friendly employees make this place worth going to time and time again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor- it's high enough that even with the windows open, the noise from the live...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful, detailed review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Frederick. We will certainly share your comments with our staff....they will all be so pleased to hear your feedback! Our staff strives every day to deliver our signature "We Love Guests!" service - treating every guest as if they were a guest in our own home. Our front desk staff in particular really loves assisting guests with local recommendations for dining, shopping and sightseeing. They will be so proud to hear your suggestion that they should be referred to as Concierge Services - what a fabulous compliment!

We are so happy to be your hotel of choice in Frederick, MD. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with others on TripAdvisor.
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

On the way to from Cincinnati to Bethany Beach DE, we stopped here to cut our day trip a bit. Many hotels in the area were not rated too highly and/or no smoking rooms available for my husband. Only the Best Western was rated besides this one. Upon getting there very late in the evening towards 10 or so, they were more than accommodating. There was a lounge and restaurant attached but by the time we got our bags up to the room it was after 10. We were so very tired and I had been sick on the trip and needed something to eat. Unfortunately the lounge/restaurant stopped serving at 10. The employees were more than happy to give me some food from the next morning's breakfast, such as a banana, apple and yogurt and a drink. It definitely saved me until morning. They had a microwave and I think fridge in the room which worked out well. A great breakfast in the morning and better than most. The rooms were clean with very comfortable beds and clean comforter covers. A great stay and wished I could have stayed another night to enjoy that hopping lounge and patio. Definitely a good decision for stopping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Frederick. We are so happy that you decided to stop on the way to Bethany Beach and stay with us! We are so pleased to hear that our staff was welcoming upon your arrival and was able to assist you with getting something to eat after the restaurant was closed for the evening.

We are happy to hear that you found the room to be both clean and comfortable. Yes, many of our guests like the convenience of having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We believe in getting our guest's day off to a great start with a nice hot breakfast and friendly service!

Now that you have found us, we certainly hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.
Edgewood, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Driving in from KY, we decided to stay 1 night prior to our CCL cruise out of Baltimore - we didn't want to get stuck in traffic and subsequently miss the boat. We looked at staying downtown, but the prices were $270 per night or more.

We decided to stay in Frederick, and then drive to the port in the morning.

This was a great choice on my part. Cost of the Hampton was only $110 (we had 3 rooms). After check-in, we drove to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, parked for $15. The Inner Harbor was awesome. It took 1 hour to get from the hotel to the parking lot. And was very easy to get back via GPS.

When we arrived back at the Hampton, we went down to the pool for some late night swimming (and a few drinks – which we were told very politely that bottles are not allowed in/by the pool). In the morning, breakfast was included and was located right off the lobby. Make your own waffles, and also a buffet style breakfast. It was very good – not that we needed anything before boarding a ship loaded with more to eat.

The Hampton Inn Frederick was clean, the pool area was nice and useable, the staff were all incredibly nice & helpful, and the room was very nice. It’s a great hotel in a nice area. There is a very nice mall down the street with plenty of nice restaurants too (if you would prefer not to drive down to Baltimore for diner). I will stay here again if we choose to cruise out of Baltimore next year. It was a very good choice – Thanks TripAvisor!

Oh, FYI – pets are allowed.

Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

What a disaster. No air conditioning in the hallways or elevators. Cannot get the room cooled off, either. Half the fitness equipment is broken. The computers in the "business center" are broken. Housekeeping appears to be broken as well: we asked for the room to be cleaned *before* 1:00 pm so we could prepare for a funeral. When we arrived at 1:05 pm, nothing had been done and the explanation was that Housekeeping believed the room was to be done "at" 1:00 pm.
For almost $200 a night? This is obscene.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Frederick. It is never easy to get less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience at our hotel. However, all guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel.

We would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulties that you experienced during your stay with us. Following your stay, the treadmill in the fitness room was replaced, so the equipment is now in working order. Also, the air conditioning problem that we were experiencing that weekend was repaired. We also investigated your comment regarding the computers in the business center being “broken”. The computers are all in working order at this time. We are sorry for the miscommunication regarding your early check-in request. We do our best to accommodate early check in (and other special requests) from our guests.

As you can see from our other guest reviews…the challenges that you experienced during your stay are definitely not a typical experience for our guests. We apologize again for the inconvenience you experienced. We do want to thank you again for your honest feedback as it can be used to better train our team and maintain our property’s favorable condition. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in Frederick.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel was very clean and it had all the basic amenities I needed for my three night stay and more such as a breakfast buffet and complimentary hygiene accessories. The bed was comfortable and I had no problems with it and the wireless internet worked well although it was slower when viewing videos, which is not a surprise because wireless is slower than wired internet access. The location of the hotel is very good because it is on a major road and there are a lot of points of interest around it such as restaurants, shopping centers, a mall (Francis Scott Key Mall), etc, and many more. It is also close to tourist attractions such as Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and is relatively close to Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, which contains many great nature oriented attractions such as Skyline and Luray Caverns. If you find yourself at the hotel and you want to plan some day trips and you do not really know the area too well, you will be in luck because like most hotels, it does have pamphlets that advertise various attractions in the area and there are also coupons for some attractions such as Skyline Caverns to help save some money. If you are planning to do some sightseeing, I would still look before heading to the hotel to get an idea of what I would want to see.

One of my favorite amenities was the breakfast that was included, and they certainly do not skimp on the quality of the food. It is a buffet and they have different food almost every day. My personal favorite was the scrambled eggs and bacon, which I found to taste great and the coffee was my favorite thing to drink even when it was over 95 degrees outside and humid. One small issue I had with the breakfast, though, was that in my last two days of staying, the juices (cranberry, orange, apple) tasted watery and the flavor was somehow lost. Despite that, I mostly drank coffee and I was satisfied with that along with all of the food featured there.

The front desk staff was great and was helpful in getting me accommodated. One issue I was having was that my alarm clock was still ringing even after I pressed the snooze button. Even after unplugging it, it wouldn't stop ringing, and thankfully, the front desk had someone reset it and after that, I no longer had that problem. It also seemed like there was an issue with the elevator when I saw that a note said it wasn't able to go onto a certain floor, but it still worked fine.

The fitness center was small, but it did it's job when I used it. It had some treadmills along with an elliptical machine. I don't remember there being weights although the fitness center would be perfect if it was expanded and had more of a variety of workout equipment. It did also have free water and it was open to hotel guests; you would use your room key card to enter. From my experiences, I can compare this Hampton Inn to a SpringHill Suites (another 3-star chain) that I stayed at in Alexandria, VA, and I would say that both are great choices, although I would give SpringHill Suites an edge because it's more hotel for the money if you do not include the pool. The main advantage SpringHill Suites had is that the fitness center was much larger and had a wider array of equipment for working out and at the same time, it felt more like an apartment because the rooms were also a good deal larger and had couches. I would also say that SpringHill Suites is more for business travelers while Hampton Inn is more for families or couples, especially with there being an outdoor swimming pool, which are always great for those with children, as I always enjoyed swimming pools when I was younger. This Hampton Inn has been a great hotel overall and it is one I would recommend, but whichever hotel in this class is best for you depends on what extra amenities are most important for you to have (pool, business center, etc.).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Frederick. We were so happy to read that you enjoyed the clean and comfortable accommodations, our friendly staff as well as the complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning. We believe in giving our guests a great start to their day by offering them a quality breakfast featuring a great selection of food/beverage. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the juice, we will check our juice dispenser to ensure that it is operating properly.

Thank you for providing other travelers with such great information about our proximity to local attractions and great day trip options such as Shenandoah National Park and Luray Caverns. Frederick is also a great destination for Civil War history buffs – as we are a close drive to both Gettysburg and Antietam.

We are pleased to share with you that we are in the process of upgrading our complimentary internet service - which we anticipate will provide faster speed for our guests streaming video. In the next month, we will also begin an upgrade of our fitness room – which will provide both an expanded space and a wider variety of equipment.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with others on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Frederick, MD.
Urbana, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The storm was referred to as "Epic" on WUSA TV9 news. It took power out all over the northeast. We usually tought it out when our power goes out, but with our grandson (11 months old) being here, we had to get him somewhere with air conditioning. From the front desk staff, to the very polite general cleaning man, to the breasfast staff, everyone was wonderful. The room was perfectly cleaned. There were several other rooms with people whos power was out, too. They were also very happy. Oh, and breakfast was delicious and hot with lots of choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!