“Our Port in the Storm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Urbana, Maryland, United States
“Our Port in the Storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The storm was referred to as "Epic" on WUSA TV9 news. It took power out all over the northeast. We usually tought it out when our power goes out, but with our grandson (11 months old) being here, we had to get him somewhere with air conditioning. From the front desk staff, to the very polite general cleaning man, to the breasfast staff, everyone was wonderful. The room was perfectly cleaned. There were several other rooms with people whos power was out, too. They were also very happy. Oh, and breakfast was delicious and hot with lots of choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

There are so many wonderful things about this hotel, I may not have room to list them all! First and foremost are the people who work here. From the morning breakfast staff (breakfast is complimentary), to the front desk personnel, to the delightful housekeeping staff, this hotel is consistent with a top notch, caring staff throughout. This goes all the way to the manager, who went out of her way to accomodate some unique business needs I had. The manager was highly visible during my stay and her friendly, hands-on manner was so refreshing, It is easy to see where the staff gets their wonderful attitudes from. To say I was imressed is an understatement. My room was very nice and immacuate. The king-sized bed I had was so comfortable, and was made with with linens that felt luxurious! The bathroom had an aestically pleasing vanity with granite. As a business traveler with a multi-day stay, what I found very helpful was the larger-sized refrigerator that kept everything ice cold. A microwave came in useful as well. The location is ideal, with close proximity to major roads and interstates. Many popular restaurants and a good-sized mall are within a few minutes drive. In addition to being a great place to stay for business travel, I observed many happy families staying here as well. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again!

Killeen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I travel to many places in the U.S. for work...Wisconsin, Colorado, Kansas etc....this hotel is among the best I have stayed in...in years!!! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and effecient. Even during a mechanical mishap with their elevators...the manager and her staff handled the situation with professionalism and smiles. I simply love this place. It felt like home away from home- not to mention the fun and lively Pastimes lounge conveniently connected to hotel!!!
I look forward to going to my company's headquarters anytime....only if I am able to stay there during my visit!!! Thanks, Hampton's Inn for the enjoyable stay!!! Kudos to the General Manager, Yolanda- and her awesome and energetic staff- especially, Charles @ the front desk.

Room Tip: They have breakfast food for all types. The food is always hot, fresh, delicious, AND healthy!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Looked like a great location. Often stay at Hampton Inns. Husband checked in, went to room, all seemed fine until he spotted bedbug on his arm.

Picked up bags and went immediately to front desk and told them of situation and checked out.

• Stayed July 2012
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel.

Upon speaking to you when you checked out, we immediately took this room out of service and called our professional pest extermination company to investigate the room. We received a service report from them that there was no evidence of any bed bugs or previous bed bug activity in that room. We also kept the bug that you brought down to us and had the pest company look at the bug. They confirmed that this was Not a bed bug – it was from the gnat family.

We understand that because of the publicity regarding bed bugs that travelers are very cautious. We hope that you will stay with us during your next visit to Frederick, MD.
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This review is long overdue! The Hampton Inn gets an A+ in service.

Frederick is our town of choice for a quick getaway. We’ve pretty much stayed in all of the hotels which are right off I270 and Buckeystown Pike. I can honestly say we’ve been impressed with each of them. It’s almost as though each hotel has tried to outdo the other to impress us.

The Hampton Inn impressed me because of its staff. They greeted us with smiles, check-in was one of the easiest I’ve ever experienced AND most importantly, they were amazing with putting things in order when our room wasn’t up to our satisfaction. They volunteered a room change without me even asking for one, then arranged to have our luggage moved to the new room.

I want to especially laud General Manager Yolanda Gainey. She proved that she has the correct title; I’ve never seen anyone take control of our situation with such military precision. And she maintained her still calm and professionalism throughout.

The amenities are impressive, including an on-site nightclub with live dj (the reason we chose Hampton this time), outdoor pool, free in-room wifi, lobby internet access and free breakfast.

I don’t have to make this a long review. They’ll be seeing us at the Hampton again soon.

Room Tip: Allows smoking on certain floors
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We lost power at home and needed a hotel for a week until our electricity was restored. The Hampton Inn experience was great. The staff, from desk clerks to service staff and hotel manager, was very helpful. The hotel satisfied all our needs and was in a great location for stores, restaurants and major highways.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Have stayed here many times before, but this week was the first time in 3 years. Always a great place to stay because of the staff and room. Good breakfast in the morning and there is a bar with food available at night. Close to many other places to eat. Only downfalls this stay was my room was right in front of the orange neon sign and only one elevator was operational and didn't work often. I had to use the stairs because I waited over 10 minutes for the elevator and it didn't show up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!