“Clean, nice, and loud” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Tucson
“Clean, nice, and loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with great, clean rooms. The rooms appear to all have a fridge and microwave in them--something nice that was not obvious to me when I reserved the room. The staff was flexible with late checkout, which I very much appreciated. The air conditioning works great (this is important when it's July) and there are lots of close parking spaces. I have two small complaints:

First, there is a lot of noise: highway noise, elevator noise, noise from the bar, noise from the parking lot, noise in the hallways. The hotel room is insanely close to the highway (see the picture from out my hotel room). Perhaps I was just here on a loud night. I might suggest that the management provide cheap earplugs in the rooms closest to the bar/highway, as I've seen other hotels do that are adjacent to highways.

Second, there are two elevators and both were broken for part of my stay. Life happens, and the management can't control whether an elevator is broken. However, it would have been courteous of the management to allow guests to use the staff elevator--at least guests that had luggage. It wasn't fun to arrive to the hotel after a long night and haul luggage up six flights of stairs.

Overall, this was a nice hotel. Bring popcorn (for the microwave), a small amount of luggage (to save your feet), and earplugs (to save your sanity).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Laurinburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I were recently privileged to stay once again at the Hampton Inn in Frederick, MD. The manager, Yolonda, and attendant, Carol, who checked us in were equally pleasant and helpful. Even before I checked in, I was greeted with a smile by Yolonda who I eventually learned was the manager. In addition to the ample parking spaces and close proximity to the business district, the overall cleanliness of the outside and inside of the hotel was refreshing. The breakfast area was neat, the pool area was well-stocked with towels and lighting, the business office was appropriately stocked, and I was even able to obtain additional shower caps for my kids' pool visit. The price of the hotel was very reasonable especially since we checked in during a holiday weekend. We stayed here once in 2009, and we will gladly return. The pleasantries displayed by the manager and Carol were enough to cause us to make this hotel a regular.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

After struggling with finding a clean, fresh and up to date hotel, Charles Williams whom I spoke with several times was extremely pleasant, both over the phone and in person! He was very personable and it made me feel inviting. When I asked him who is direct supervisor was, he says Yolonda Gainey. I was sure to inform her of Charles demeanor....after speaking with Yolonda I could have sworn Charles was the manager and NOT her! She wasnt friendly nor inviting! My family & I will be back, prayerfully Ms. Gainey will have a better attitude!

• Stayed June 2012
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of experiencing the exceptional customer service of Mr. Charles Williams of the Hampton Inn, Frederick, MD. I arrived at the hotel exhausted after traveling for fourteen hours. Mr. Williams was very accommodating, ensuring that I had everything I needed and was in my room within a matter of minutes. In addition, throughout the week and on previous trips I have watched him provide that same five-star hotel customer service to other guests as well. I just want to say thank you for always smiling, being accommodating, and just the overall exceptional customer service that you provide to each hotel guest that grace your presence…in addition, the hotel has great beds, great breakfast (free of charge), free internet service and a really nice business center.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

During the first weekend of June 2012 I stayed at the Hampton inn. I felt the room and hotel was very clean. Also the hotel looked as if it was recently remodeled. I only stayed one night and would recommend staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Grottoes, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We needed a convenient place to stay the night before getting our cruise out of the Port of Baltimore, MD. This Hampton Inn in Frederick, MD was close to the port (45 minutes to an hour away from the port) and reasonable priced. Hotels around Baltimore were quite pricey, so this one was a very good fit for our needs. The room was very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. The room was ready for our arrival. We had 2 high back chairs, microwave, sink, fridge, coffee maker. Our reservations were accurate and the front desk staffed with nice people.

The lobby area and breakfast room were very nice and exceptionally clean. The breakfast was your typical and very good, Hampton breakfast. Breakfast was from 6:00 am to 10:00 am and had the usual eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, muffins, bagels, hot and boxed cold cereal, fruit juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Coffee, hot water for tea and hot chocolate was available throughout the day and night. There were at least 4 trash cans (other Hampton Inns we have stayed in only had one trash can) and an attendant came and offered to remove our used plates from our table (not done in the other Hampton Inns we've stayed in). The lady was constantly replenishing items and there were 2 waffle makers (other Hampton Inns had only 1). The only suggestion we would have had for the breakfast area is to reposition the coffee into the lobby and put the waffle makers on either end of the long counter instead of in the areas where other things were located -- when waiting for the waffle to be done you had to move numerous times to allow other guests to get their juice, muffins and the toaster.

There is a restaurant, "Pastimes" Restaurant which you access from the Hampton Inn lobby, however; the restaurant is not owned or operated by the Hampton Inn. The restaurant had a varied menu from Hamburgers to steaks ($9.95 to $15.95); chicken, salads, sandwiches and appetizers. All on the menu looked very good. The restaurant was convenient, but you cannot bill your meal to your room as the restaurant is independently owned and operated and not part of the Hampton Inn. We had a very good and satisfying dinner at the "Pastimes" Restaurant.

Our stay was very pleasant and we would recommend this property to anyone catching a cruise out of the Port of Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I arrived at the Hampton Inn Frederick on Saturday, June 9 for 2 nights. I checked in at 5pm and thought I would be able to get a room on a higher floor, away from the elevators. (which is on my reservation since I'm a silver Hilton Honors Member). There was only one King available and it was on the second floor. I was hesitant but the female front desk clerk said it was away from the elevators. I told her and the male clerk I thought they'd try to block Hilton Honors Members into rooms they requested and the male clerk said, "Only for Gold and Platimum Members". I was pretty surprised when I found my room and it was 2 doors down from the elevator! The refrigerator did not work and smelled. The male front desk clerk said someone would be there to check it out. After 20 minutes, noone came so I asked to be moved to a room with 2 queen beds on the 3rd floor. The two clerks weren't all that happy about it and didn't apologize but a working refrigerator is important to me.

The second room was way down the hall and was much brighter and nicer and the refrigerator worked right away. It looked out on the highway and was very noisy but I find the sound very soothing and didn't mind it at all. I loved it because the windows open a bit so I could have fresh air in my room. I was sleeping very peacefully until 1:45 am. Apparently, the restaurant bar is a hot spot in Frederick on a Saturday night and last call must have been near 2:00 am. All of a sudden, it got extremely noisy outside of my window with people making all kinds of noise and car sterios playing loudly. I looked out and even saw one couple making out very vigorously right in front of my window! (good thing I wasn't on the first floor, it would have been gross!) This continued for around 20 minutes until they all finally got a life and drove away!

I mentioned how annoying this was to the male front desk clerk the next day and all he said was, "Oh well, we have a partnership with the restaurant/bar what can we do??" I said the bar should have a security guard down in that parking lot at closing time! The clerk said that the Hampton Inn has a security guard - apparently he was nowhere near the parking lot at that time! I have never had such an experience at a hotel! I was glad to hear that the bar was closed on Sunday!

My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable and there were alot of channels on the tv. My father lives in the area so I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Detrick before but I wanted to try this property. The Hampton Inn Ft. Detrick has a much more professional, friendly staff and the rooms are nicer and quieter. Next time I visit my Dad, I'll stay at the Ft. Detrick Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!