“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Clean And comfortable rooms. Great staff.

• Stayed October 2011

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed here for two nights back in August...went to visit some friends. Overall, the hotel is in a nice location near restaurants, stores, and theatres. It's clean, reasonably spacious (rooms a bit tight, but they have fridges and microwaves), and the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Glenolden, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

What a great place. From check in to check out, this place is really top notch. The people at the desk are friendly and helpful, and the rest of the staff always had a smile and hello.

The room was spacious, well laid out, and comfortable. Very clean with plenty of towels which is always nice.

There is a nice bar and restaurant attached to the hotel, the food is good, and their prices are very fair.

I now have a favorite hotel in Frederick, and wish I could take this place with me when I travel.

Room Tip: I was there during the week, but checking other posts, if I was there on a weekend, i'd probably...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for your very complimentary review of the Hampton Inn Frederick. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the friendly service from our staff. We are thrilled that you consider us to be your favorirte hotel in Frederick! We are looking forward to providing you with many more exceptional stays!
Levittown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I (a woman) was travelling alone with two kids, ages 3 and 10 and stayed two nights here (A Friday and Saturday night). We were on the 4th floor and the patio outside of the bar/nightclub was right underneath us. The noise was so horrible, I thought people were right outside our door laughing and carrying on all hours of the night. It was awful! I called the front desk three times each night and they assured me their security was going out there to tell people to quiet down. I dont know if that ever happened, but the noise never seemed to get better. After finally falling asleep Saturday night during a lull in the noise (a lull brought on by my turning the air conditioner down so low we were freezing, just to keep it running and blocking out the noise!) I was awoken from a dead sleep by the partiers down below! It was rediculous how loud it was, and we were on the 4th floor!

Another down side was when I returned to the hotel at 11:30pm Saturday night (after being at a family wedding) there was not ONE parking spot around the entire hotel. I parked in front of the lobby to carry my 33 pound sleeping toddler to our room and had to go back out to park after putting my kids in the room (which I wasnt too comfortable doing but what option did I have?) This was unacceptable. I ended up "creating" a parking spot and went to bed praying my car would still be there and in one piece in the morning, not that I got much sleep anyway!

Other minor details is the remote control didnt work, I stopped at front desk on way out Saturday afternoon and they said it probably needed reprogramming and they would take care of it, it never got taken care of. And the toilet in the bathroom would run on and off around the clock, I didnt report this issue as it was late at night when I realized it and my youngest was sleeping and by the next day I was so sleep deprived from the patio noise i forgot about the toilet noise.

Other than that the room was clean and roomy, bed extremely comfortable (too bad I couldnt fully enjoy it!) Hotel staff was nice enough and the free hot breakfast a plus, but the eggs/potatoes didnt taste so good, waffle station was nice though and the warm baked cookies on Friday afternoon were a nice treat. Only way I'd stay here again is if they would ASSURE me that we would be on the opposite side of the building, away from the bar/patio! Upside is they comp'd us one of our nights...which was nice of them, not that I'd be happy paying for a hotel room that I couldn't sleep in!

NOTE to Hampton Inn Frederick...don't put parents with young children in rooms on the noisy side of the building! Or better yet, lock the patio doors and keep them inside...if they need air or to smoke, let them go out the front door/lobby area!

(PS: Irony...during the day time the doors to the patio are locked and you can't go out there and read a book or enjoy the sun since it was off season and the pool was also closed)

Room Tip: Stay away from the side of the building where the bar/patio is, even on the 4th floor the noise is u...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

This was a great hotel. It was clean, I enjoyed the breakfast and the on site restaurant was very nice. I loved how the hotel staff and restaurant staff made the stay especially nice for my dog. She enjoyed the attention and the treats. Although I don't have children, I noticed the special attention the staff paid to their young patrons. It was endearing to observe.

• Stayed June 2011
Bedfordshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

We had a nice big room, although the bathroom was about average to small for a Hampton Inn. Quite close to a main road, we didn't have any noise problems. Very handy for lots of shops and nosheries nearby (you need a car to get to them even though they're walking distance). The breakfast was the same as at all Hampton Inns and was filling, fresh and more than adequate.
The bad points were the flat screen TV was fixed down inside a cabinet too far back which meant it was viewable from hardly anywhere in the room. The Remote was not an original which meant something as simple as using the sleep timer required dexterity with the buttons on the front of the set.
The only other negative point was that the high speed Internet wasn't... it was running at about half a meg most of the time we were there, even in the middle of the afternoon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wimberley, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

The hotel is clean and well-maintained. However, I stayed on the 2nd floor over the bar on a Saturday night. It seems to be the hot bar in Frederick at the moment. The noise from the bar below and the patio outside carried up into my room. I had to use earplugs to sleep. Sunday night was much better.

Room Tip: Don't get the 2nd floor on the east side on a weekend.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!