“Good people, okay service, and a bad nights rest.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Holiday Drive, I-270 @ Route 85, Frederick, MD 21703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Radcliff, Kentucky
“Good people, okay service, and a bad nights rest.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that the people at the front desk were very nice and made us feel welcome.We had great service at breakfast, the ladies were the best. I have only one big complaint. I spent the extra money for a king size bed, and they gave us a corner room that overlooked the pool. It was a great room plenty of room for us and the kids. It had a loose toilet seat but the bathroom was clean. My only major complaint is that they gave us a piece of granite for me and my wife to sleep on. This was an unpleasant surprise especially for a three star hotel.I told the young lady at the front desk and she was pleasantly honest and said that renovations were going to happen soon. I have deployed and slept more comfortably on the ground in Bosnia and Croatia. The mattress on the sofa bed looks better than the one on the king size bed.I have only one more night to go on this bed.I am hoping that the renovations happen soon. I accept that I have been robbed but hopefully it will be better for the next person. I give it three stars because of the awesome people who have been good to us.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your response on your recent stay with us! We definitely enjoyed having you here and it's great to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you throughout your stay. The information was passed along to us by our front desk agent about the concern with the bed (so this rings a bell) and if you are back in town with us again - maybe we will be able to find a room with a better mattress for you! As she said, we are excited to have upcoming renovations done to the hotel so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, we certainly appreciate you staying with us and hope to have you back again soon. Thanks so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The decor was a bit dated, but we loved our stay. We had a room that opened to the pool area, the pool and hot tub were very clean. We enjoyed our stay. There was a wedding reception going on but the noise did not disturb us at all. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay with us at the Frederick Holiday Inn. We are glad that you had a fun time and had a great spot for the access to the pool and indoor recreation area - it is a fun area, isn't it? To make it even better; we are working on some modern updates to the hotel so when you are back in the area and stay with us again, hopefully you will notice a more up to date appearance in some of the areas! Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had to be in Frederick for business early one May morning so we decided to drive to town the night before.
I have years if search & rescue training but I spent an extra 15 minutes trying to find this ace after my GPS told me I had arrived.
When we got to out room I was totally unimpressed. I knew this was an older Holiday Inn property so I expected a certain amount of Old stuff like the vanity and other amenities.
I was underwhelmed to find dirty and stained carpeting, mildew at multiple places in the tub area, ceramic tiles loose and falling off the wall, all definitely not up to Holiday Inn specs.
The common areas were old but clean and well kept.
I would not recommend this hotel and I wonder why it is still a Holiday Inn and not a Ramada or La Quinta.

• Stayed May 2014
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us early last month. I am sorry to hear that there were concerns with the particular room that you stayed in, but I would certainly like to look into these issues for you! As we are always continuously inspecting our rooms, I would like to have our maintenance and housekeeping team look at the room that you stayed in so that we can address the issues that you encountered. Again, I apologize that your stay was not as pleasant as you would have liked, but we would love to have you come back so that we can make your stay much more enjoyable. Please contact us if you are able so that we can find out which room was utilized during your stay with us! Thanks so much.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Front desk service is terrible. Only one person helping guests, despite several people continuously walking in and out of the office. My room keys would not work, and I had to keep waiting for front desk guy to reprogram them. Building is bad shape, worn out and in desperate need of a massive overhaul. Rooms were dirty, and need to be repainted. Carpets threadbare and moldy. The air conditioner in my room did not work very well. "Maintenance" came by and told me to close my blackout blinds if I wanted the room to cool off. What a joke!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your response in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I would really like to look into the service that you received during your stay so that all areas are addressed with the staff. If you can contact us directly to let us know when you stayed and what room you stayed in, we would certainly like to evaluate the service. We are continuously doing room inspections for areas to improve the appearance and functionality of the rooms, so having a room number to help us inspect your room more thoroughly would be greatly appreciated. We hope to hear from you soon and appreciate your comments so that we can continue to improve. Thank you.
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

As a Platinum Ambassador, this room 126 is an embarrassment. I am not used to staying in rooms like this. Just walk in and look at the walls, the ceiling, the doors and the door jams and you will know what I am talking about. It's dirty. A little paint would go a long way and judging by some of the other reviews, sounds like this hotel needs some serious renovation. What is the hold up? I come through Frederick once a month, but will tell you I will not stay here again until something is done. I will stay at the Hampton Inn across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and I apologize that the stay was not up to standards for you. We will certainly look into the room that you were recently in to see what areas we can improve on to make this more accommodating to the guests. Hopefully we will have you back with us in the near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel as it is difficult to find at night. I was traveling solo. I did not feel safe.
Could not close the blinds and the lights from the nearby mall were bright in the room all night long. The hairdryer in the room did not work and the front desk did not have an extra?! Was allowed to use another room but still. . Really!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your response. I'm sorry that there were concerns during your stay with us recently. Please let us know if you would be back in the area again as we certainly want to make your stay the best that we can. I remember being told about this hair dryer situation so we have gone in and taken care of the hair dryer so that it is in working order, so we appreciate that you let us know about it. We are always here to help, so if there is anything we can assist with during your stay, we will certainly do our best to make it the best. Thanks again.
Richmond, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Got this room at 11:30 pm via Priceline after a hellacious day of air travel problems. It was billed as 3 star and I was offered it at $80 after Priceline declined my bid of $60. Too tired to fuss, I accepted. Big mistake! At registration, I was informed that the room was booked as "any available" and they only had smoking except for 1 first floor handicapped room. It is musty, beaten up, and the a/c is from the 50s. Not 3 star and not worth $80. The clerk said, "I usually check out hotels on line before I book them" as though i would have then realized I didn't want to stay here. Never again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our property with your recent stay at our facility. I'm sorry that you did not feel that our hotel was worth the price paid. If you are able to contact us to let us know which room you stayed in, I would like to have our team go in to check out the room to make sure that all areas of your concern are taken care of. Thanks so much.

Been to Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!