“5 star staff/ 3 star hotel with potential to be luxe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Holiday Drive, I-270 @ Route 85, Frederick, MD 21703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Frederick
“5 star staff/ 3 star hotel with potential to be luxe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Every encounter with staff was a friendly and helpful experience. Traveled with disabled child on special diet, so I called ahead with requests e.g. fridge, microwave, ground floor (no elevator in this hotel), non-smoking, no pets. They were able to meet all my requirements. Public areas and convention center facilities were beautiful and well-maintained. Then, you walk through the double doors (which should be automatic for better wheelchair-accessibility) and it's like stepping through a time-warp and very disappointing after having just experienced the grandeur of the lobby. The rooms and hallway are begging for updating. I must say, though, that the rooms were clean. My son is very sensitive to dust, but during our weekend stay, he had no issues with sneezing or congestion. We toured the Holidome area which had a pool, hot tub, saunas, small fitness center/room and miniature golf course. Everything looked well maintained and the pool would have been fun to use if we had the time. Has a restaurant in-house, but based on the room-service menu seemed like a limited selection and nothing kid-friendly. The central location of the hotel had a lot of decent restaurants within a 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: There are rooms that open out to pool area. These rooms are convenient to Holidome amenities, but co...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your response and we are so glad that you had a nice stay. It's great to hear when our staff can meet or exceed all expectations of our guests. Hopefully you will be back to Frederick soon and maybe you will be able to make some time for the pool. Thank you for submitting your response!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Waxahachie, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Helpful staff, some bright spots but, overall starting to show its age and in need of some updating. Clean as a whistle but my room had no fridge or microwave. Furnishings were a bit drab and well worn. While everything was in working order, this hotel has simply outlived its last update....time to remodel folks.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms facing I-70 unless you sleep like a rock and don't mind the incessant so...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel during your stay with us! It's great to hear how great our housekeepers did in making sure your room was sparkly clean. We work very hard to make sure our hotel is inviting for all of our guests and hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future. Please let us know when you will be back and we would love to accommodate you in a room that might be at a better location and also with a upgraded unit! Thanks so much.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Was here for 4 days on business. The hotel is an older one but the location and amenities makes up for it. Check in ran smooth. Check out was different, there was a lot of teenagers hanging around for some kind of card convention. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel bar was a treat! They had karaoke on Thursday and Friday of my stay. The food in the bar was good as well. The mall is a hop skip away. If I return to this area I will be back!

• Stayed October 2013
Wow - sounds like a great stay :) Thanks so much for your response and we are so glad to hear that you will be back - hopefully on a Thursday or Friday night with our karaoke! We are glad that you were able to take advantage of so many of our amenities that we offer, even the ones within the surrounding "hop-skip-and a jump" area; like the mall. We look forward to having you back and we greatly appreciate your review of the hotel! Thanks again!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just finished a five-day stay here for business. It's an older style Holiday Inn with the Holidome recreation area in the middle. Because of this type of layout, it's quite sprawling, and it can be quite a hike to/from different areas of the hotel. Not a huge problem. What may be a problem is the lack of elevators, but since I was on the first floor, it didn't affect me. The staff here is AWESOME! They're friendly, helpful, and they genuinely seem interested in your happiness. This includes the lobby staff, the breakfast staff, and all other employees I encountered in other areas of the hotel. The breakfast buffet had quite a spread and it was very good. Despite being an older property, my room felt up-to-date, had everything I needed, and everything worked quite well. No complaints about my room. The only aggravation I had during my stay was the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi was very weak and very slow...painfully slow for most of the evening time. Travelers depend on Wi-Fi more and more and it needs to be strong/fast enough to be at least reasonably usable. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. In fact I have another stay here coming up in just a couple days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comment about your recent stay with us and we are so excited that we will get to see you back here soon! Guest satisfaction for us is very important so we are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and our staff took good care of you! Of course, we want to continue to improve so thank you for letting us know about the WiFi connection problem. We will be happy to work with you on your next visit if there is an issue, however we will contact our internet provider to confirm that our system is up and running properly. Thank you again and we will see you soon :)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for six days for an official trip to Fredrick. No elevator in this hotel and our rooms were on the second floor . So we had to carry our stuffs. No porters to help the guests. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was okay. There was Flat-screen TV and freezer in my room. The Wi-fi was weak in the room. Had coupons for free Breakfast buffet but it lacks variety. We had our dinner in the hotel restaurant for couple of times but it has very limited options for food. The roads nearby dies not have any side walk so you are stuck there if you does not have a car. We had an issue with the telephone bills and after our complain they corrected it. Expected better from a reputed brand.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and updates on your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that it was not as great as you had hoped it would be due to several different issues; food variety, no elevator, weak internet, and billing issues. This information definitely helps us to get an idea on where we can work to improve on our service so that all of our guests are happy. If you are ever back in the area, we hope that we will get to see you again. We would be happy to place you in a room on the first floor to start with :) Thank you again for this information that you provided and we appreciate that you stayed with us!
Victor, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel itself is a decent hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The problem was the bar in the hotel has no NFL network. This stinks when you are traveling for business and want to relax and enjoy the game. The bartenders Sarah and Lisa were some of the best I have ever been served by. Thank You to them for a job well done. Sarah and Lisa did an awesome job calming the crowd down when people heard there was no NFL network in the bar. I checked out 3 days early because of the lack of the NFL network. I have gone to a different hotel that has this service. I hope that the hotel rectifies this situation soon. There were alot of upset people that night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great service experience with Lisa and Sarah and will pass on your compliments to them. I am terribly sorry about the lack of the NFL Network in the lounge. We have, since then, contacted our cable provider and it is now part of our channel selection in Casey's so that all our guests can enjoy the football season. Please come back and contact me so that I can thank you in person for bringing this to my attention!
Ocean City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

When I checked in this evening around 11:30pm I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman at the front desk along with a security guard. Straight ahead there were a few musicians playing quietly in a room which I didn't think much of. I had asked if there was anywhere I could eat at the property and I was told everything was closed. When I got to my room however I could hear what seemed to be karaoke down by the pool area below. It's after 1am and the music is still loud and being played. I'm a 20-something and I get noise and carrying on but there's a time and place for it. TV is bumped up to muffle out the music and hollering. I feel like I'm in a college dorm again. If I wasn't alone, in my PJ's and with my dog I would be requesting a room change. If you're looking for a quiet place off the highway catch a few hours sleep, keep looking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I completely apologize that you had the experience that you did. As we do limit our banquet event hours and our lounge karaoke hours; it should not have gone until that late into the evening! If you are able to contact someone from the hotel to provide more information, that would be greatly appreciated so that we can look further into it. If you are ever back in the area; we would be happy to place you at a quieter area of the hotel so that you would not have a similar experience. Hopefully we will get to hear from you soon! Thank you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!