“Decent Hotel - No NFL Network in Bar” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Holiday Drive, I-270 @ Route 85, Frederick, MD 21703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Victor, New York
“Decent Hotel - No NFL Network in Bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel itself is a decent hotel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The problem was the bar in the hotel has no NFL network. This stinks when you are traveling for business and want to relax and enjoy the game. The bartenders Sarah and Lisa were some of the best I have ever been served by. Thank You to them for a job well done. Sarah and Lisa did an awesome job calming the crowd down when people heard there was no NFL network in the bar. I checked out 3 days early because of the lack of the NFL network. I have gone to a different hotel that has this service. I hope that the hotel rectifies this situation soon. There were alot of upset people that night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a great service experience with Lisa and Sarah and will pass on your compliments to them. I am terribly sorry about the lack of the NFL Network in the lounge. We have, since then, contacted our cable provider and it is now part of our channel selection in Casey's so that all our guests can enjoy the football season. Please come back and contact me so that I can thank you in person for bringing this to my attention!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ocean City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

When I checked in this evening around 11:30pm I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman at the front desk along with a security guard. Straight ahead there were a few musicians playing quietly in a room which I didn't think much of. I had asked if there was anywhere I could eat at the property and I was told everything was closed. When I got to my room however I could hear what seemed to be karaoke down by the pool area below. It's after 1am and the music is still loud and being played. I'm a 20-something and I get noise and carrying on but there's a time and place for it. TV is bumped up to muffle out the music and hollering. I feel like I'm in a college dorm again. If I wasn't alone, in my PJ's and with my dog I would be requesting a room change. If you're looking for a quiet place off the highway catch a few hours sleep, keep looking.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us and I completely apologize that you had the experience that you did. As we do limit our banquet event hours and our lounge karaoke hours; it should not have gone until that late into the evening! If you are able to contact someone from the hotel to provide more information, that would be greatly appreciated so that we can look further into it. If you are ever back in the area; we would be happy to place you at a quieter area of the hotel so that you would not have a similar experience. Hopefully we will get to hear from you soon! Thank you again!
New Castle, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Room was clean but wife said it smelled. I didn't notice. Very dated. Needs a remodeling.
Bathroom clean and functional. Bed was very, very hard. Internet was not secure and very weak.
Had coupons for free breakfast. Still not worth it. Terrible. Never made it to lounge but it looked nice. Would give this hotel a 2 1/2 rating if I could.

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room when making res. They gave us room 144 which was all the way at the far end o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear 1Johnny1,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at my property. I am sorry that we did not give you a better experience, however, I am pleased that you indicated my staff service was 5 star! If you have a moment, I would certainly love the opportunity to speak to you in person to apologize and get additional details. I hope you would consider giving us another chance!
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed her for two nights. The place is huge. Our room was a solid 5+ minute walk from the front desk. Good thing about being at the back of the hotel, plenty of parking by our entrance which was nice. Staff was nice. Didn't really explore the hotel since we were visiting family and attending a wedding.

We really liked the location. The mall is within walking distance and there are plenty of chain and local places to eat all in a two mile radius.

Downtown Frederick was maybe a 10 minute drive if that.

Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your compliement of my hotel and staff. We do have a rather large footprint for a hotel and it can be a little hike at times, but I'm glad that you enjoyed the quiet location and its closer proximity to the mall. We look forward to seeing you again, and perhaps, get you a little closer to the front of the property.
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

So, we got a good deal on a night here. Won't be going back. While it was clean enough, the whole area around our non-smoking room, on what appeared to be a non-smoking area of the floor smelled like smoke. The rooms appear to have shared hvac, so who knows where the air was coming from. We were over the indoor pool, with a walkway on the other side of the room with a window opening up to it, so we couldn't open window for air. The linens seemed new enough, but the sheets were pilled and scratchy. Front desk was friendly on check in. Oh and the carpet looked filthy, didn't much want to walk around barefoot. So, for our next trip to Frederick, we will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel for a better room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your response and feedback about your recent stay with us! We are certainly sorry to hear that not everything was as you would have liked. The quality of the sheets and the freshness of the carpeting will certainly be looked into as we take all of our guests' comments to help us improve as much as possible. If you are able to reach out to us at the hotel to let us know what room you stayed in; that will help us a lot in figuring out the smoke smell issue as well. If you are ever back in the area, we hope that you will consider to stay with us again and if you do, please feel free to request a room that is on the outer portion of the hotel so that natural lighting and air can be enjoyed. Again, thank you so much for your feedback.
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a room here fro a wedding that was held at this hotel. The room on the first floor not near the pool with a king size bed had nice space the bathroom was clean. The bed looked really nice and updated with a white coverlet and nice pillows but the sheets were not nice, they were of poor quality and nubby. The price for a night was reasonable, and the pool area with the little golf course looked like fun especially if you had children with you. The food here is average at best.

Room Tip: I liked the pool area rooms although it may get loud.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay with us! We are glad that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities of the hotel; like the pool and miniature golf area! If you are ever back in the area, we hope that you will stay with us again, even if you are not here to attend a wedding! Hopefully it was a fun and enjoyable time though! Thanks so much.
Macomb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Since we are Holiday Inn rewards members, we chose this hotel for the night on the way to our final destination. For $5 more, we had the breakfast buffet for four. We had a first floor room with two queen beds that had direct access to the pool.As I waited for our pizza to get delivered, my husband and the kids swam. There was also a little mini-golf area that was designed for kids 7 and under. Since it was a Saturday night there was a wedding & another party going on, in the area directly across from our room. We got the kids to bed by 9 but we had a hard time sleeping. When the pool closed at 10 that part quieted down. But the band was still jamming and there was a lot of noise in the hallway. In the future, I would not want a room that faced the pool. And I would check if the conference center was booked as it made things very loud. The breakfast buffet was good but they were slow to refill and I would have liked more fruit on it. But for $5 to feed 2 kids & 2 adults a hot breakfast, it was great. If you're looking for a quick stay and want a pool, I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Frederick Holiday Inn this weekend and we appreciate that you gave us your feedback. It's certainly nice to see that you were able to partake in so many of our amenities; the mini-golf area, the indoor pool, and our restaurant for breakfast. Of course, we apologize that noise was an issue during your stay! If you are ever back in the area; please let me know so that we can make sure your room location is away from the pool and Courtyard area as requested! As an IHG Rewards Member, we are glad that you were able to stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Thanks so much.

Been to Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!