“When all else fails . . .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Holiday Drive, I-270 @ Route 85, Frederick, MD 21703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Cape Fear, North Carolina
“When all else fails . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Go see Lisa at Casey's Restaurant. The hotel was a lil confusing at first. Ok there are 2 Holiday Inn less than a half a mile from each other. So when you go to the wrong one and still have to wait for a clean room. The Holiday Inn was Xxtra Large style spread out. The washer and dryer was nice being a dollar each. Lisa was pleasant and helpful for me to decide what to get off the menu. Thanks Lisa

Ps I wish they had Fresh Coffee in the morning

• Stayed May 2013
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Frederick Holiday Inn. We are glad that you were able to find us and that you were able to enjoy your stay; especially with the service provided by Lisa in Casey's Lounge! We hope that if you are back in the area that you will stay with us again! We appreciate your comments and feedback and hope that you enjoyed your weekend with us! Thanks so much.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Carthage, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My company hosted a meeting at this Holiday Inn and everything went very well. Check-in was smooth and quick, room was good but only faced the indoor pool area but I was not there for a view, room was spotless and service great. While wondering the hotel met the GM (John I think) who was very nice and welcoming. I also met the head of housekeeping (again I think her name was Lisa) when I was a bit turned around as the building is a bit confusing she showed me the way to go and even asked me ho my room was. Banquet facilities were great and food top notch. Hope we have our next meeting here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Frederick! I was one of the individual's you met during your stay! We make it our habbit to greet and assist our guests while they stay with us and it is rewarding that you acknowledged this experience for both myself and my Executive Housekeeper, Lisa. My staff and I truly focus on this and we appreciate your comments. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet again in the future!
Chesterton, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The property itself is adequate for a short stay. I was a big surprised to find one (of the two beds in our room) to be sagging in the middle. Feeling a bit like Goldilocks, I was looking for the bed which was just right. Shame one of us had to suffer a bit with a hammock for a bed. The lighting in the room was just plain bad. Low wattage lighting was so disappointing. Some bulbs were out and the overall comfort was diminished greatly. Loose and broken tiles in the bathroom gave us the feel that this property is in bad need for a complete upgrade. Service and attention from the staff was great however.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly were sad that your room experience was less than desirable and will work to correct the items that we know we can. I cannot speak to when a property upgrade may happen, but we share your comments with our company. My staff and I are committed to providing the best experience a guest can have and we are truly happy to see your positive comments regarding our service and attentiveness!
Moneta, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the staff was attentive and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was very good. This is the second time we have stayed here and we have been pleased each time, and plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have easy access to the pool, spa and fitness center.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Fantastic! Thank you for sending in your review from your previous stay with us! We really love having the dog shows with us as they are always fun and enjoyable. We are certainly glad that our staff was accommodating and you find that our hotel is clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you at the next show! Thanks so much.
Norwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were in Maryland for a wedding. Stayed at the Holiday, March 22, 23.
Foyer area very nice and welcoming. Staff courteous and helpful.
Our room was adjacent to the pool and spa area which was very clean and very nice.
The room was okay, bath is slightly outdated. Bed was very comfy. Very quiet.

Overall, very clean, some updating would be nice, but not necessary.
Convenient to FSK mall and highway,,,

Room Tip: I believe any room would be okay. Our travelling companion had a room in the corridor and it was fin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for submitting your TripAdvisor review. We hope that you had a great time at the wedding and we are so glad that you stayed with us! It is always nice to hear when our staff can make a positive impact on our guests' stay with us! We are glad that you found everything to be comfortable and enjoyable during your stay and we hope to see you back with us again in the future if your travels bring you to Frederick again! Thanks so much.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I enjoyed my week long stay here. The staff was friendly and every meal I ate there was very good. I spoke to several staff members including the front desk, a chef, a waitress and my morning breakfast buffet waitress and all of them went out of their way to help me or just chat. Wednesday we were supposed to get a big snow storm and the whole town practically shut down and my seminar was cancelled that day. The staff did a great job during the day even though they probably had staff not come in due to no public transportation. Overall it was a great week and I would come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Patricia!! Thank you so much for giving us such an awesome review with great comments. This will definitely be shared with every member of the staff as it seems that every one of them impacted your stay in a positive way! We are glad that we were able to have you stay with us safe and sound during the storm and we look forward to having you back again with us in the future - hopefully with beautiful weather! See you soon!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a great meal in the bar late the first night and the service was spot on even though it was very late. The hotel has a very old feel to it in certain area's but the comfort of the lobby and rooms makes you forget that. Did not have a chance to try the pool but it did look like a nice area and hopefully on my next visit I can enjoy it.

Room Tip: King bed rooms seem to have much more room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and feedback about your recent stay with us! We are so glad that you had a great experience with us and hope that you will be back in the future so that you can take advantage of the pool area - it is pretty fun and enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thanks!!

Been to Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!