Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Holiday Drive, I-270 @ Route 85, Frederick, MD 21703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Norwich, Connecticut
“Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were in Maryland for a wedding. Stayed at the Holiday, March 22, 23.
Foyer area very nice and welcoming. Staff courteous and helpful.
Our room was adjacent to the pool and spa area which was very clean and very nice.
The room was okay, bath is slightly outdated. Bed was very comfy. Very quiet.

Overall, very clean, some updating would be nice, but not necessary.
Convenient to FSK mall and highway,,,

Room Tip: I believe any room would be okay. Our travelling companion had a room in the corridor and it was fin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for submitting your TripAdvisor review. We hope that you had a great time at the wedding and we are so glad that you stayed with us! It is always nice to hear when our staff can make a positive impact on our guests' stay with us! We are glad that you found everything to be comfortable and enjoyable during your stay and we hope to see you back with us again in the future if your travels bring you to Frederick again! Thanks so much.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I enjoyed my week long stay here. The staff was friendly and every meal I ate there was very good. I spoke to several staff members including the front desk, a chef, a waitress and my morning breakfast buffet waitress and all of them went out of their way to help me or just chat. Wednesday we were supposed to get a big snow storm and the whole town practically shut down and my seminar was cancelled that day. The staff did a great job during the day even though they probably had staff not come in due to no public transportation. Overall it was a great week and I would come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Patricia!! Thank you so much for giving us such an awesome review with great comments. This will definitely be shared with every member of the staff as it seems that every one of them impacted your stay in a positive way! We are glad that we were able to have you stay with us safe and sound during the storm and we look forward to having you back again with us in the future - hopefully with beautiful weather! See you soon!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a great meal in the bar late the first night and the service was spot on even though it was very late. The hotel has a very old feel to it in certain area's but the comfort of the lobby and rooms makes you forget that. Did not have a chance to try the pool but it did look like a nice area and hopefully on my next visit I can enjoy it.

Room Tip: King bed rooms seem to have much more room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments and feedback about your recent stay with us! We are so glad that you had a great experience with us and hope that you will be back in the future so that you can take advantage of the pool area - it is pretty fun and enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Thanks!!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Layout is completely uncomfortable. Drafty and cold. The staff were over worked and told us so on our arrival. A second staff person appeared who was more professional. There were no cozy areas at all to sit in.

• Stayed February 2013
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at my property. I am glad that you enjoyed the quiet and comfortable rooms while you were here and we certainly work hard to ensure your stay is comfortable. I am terribly sorry that you experienced any problems at check in. That my staff would have made any comments regarding their work is surprising and unsettling. I have a wonderful staff and our sole concern is ensuring you, our guest, have a positive and memorable stay. Please come back again so that we have the opportunity to show you our hospitality.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

How is it that this isn't mentioned more in the reviews?? I think this foul nugget of information was a passing note in one review, and chalked up to being no big deal. Well, it was a big deal to me and a painful thing to discover at 10:00 p.m after I fought my way up 95 North through the one of the most heavily traveled traffic corridors on the East coast. Two suitcases, one well packed soccer bag, one 50 pound back pack of school work, two bags of food, jackets, and laptops, had to be carried up a flight of stairs by one tired mom and one cranky, whiny teenager. Add to it the no solace was to be found in a quiet room as we had a room overlooking a very noisy interior courtyard. I think sound was amplified to the nth degree by the high ceiling. This is just a weird hotel. Was it always a Holiday Inn? What's with the dark, dim "Holidome?" one has to pass through to get to the pool? What about the spiral staircases? Narrow, steep, metal. I tried them once. There are several hanging fluorescent lights in the interior courtyard, and then lots of old fashioned looking street lamps that, all combined, give the area and old fashioned eerie glow. It was a throwback experience. It's probably a great place if you have little kids, but we wanted a good night's sleep and we had to wait until 11:00 each night for things to quiet down. That's when the security guard must go around to send everyone to bed and secure the pool area. If you do get a room at this hotel be sure it doesn't over look the courtyard!

All that said, the staff was very friendly. We ate breakfast there both mornings and the ladies were lovely- very chipper and kind. Breakfast was around $10 each, does anyone mention that it's not complimentary? My bed was comfortable and I could regulate the room temperature to my comfort level. The room was clean enough, but the carpet had a stain on it. (Room 213, by the fridge) The refrigerator door didn't stay shut. We didn't use the microwave. Internet was slow. 3 bars out of 5. Nothing crippling, but my daughter, who has to use the internet to do her homework, had trouble getting one of her online programs to run.

We had to stay at this hotel per the orders of the Bethesda Soccer Club. We were up there so my daughter and her team could play in their tournament over Veteran's Day weekend. I would not return to this particular hotel if I had my own choice in the matter.

Room Tip: Pick a first floor room that doesn't open to the courtyard area or is near it in any way!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback. If you are back in the area and need to stay with us; we will be happy to assist you in finding a more comfortable room for your stay in Frederick. We appreciate that you stayed with us this time around and hope that you had a fun time at the tournament. Thanks so much.
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Frederick is a nice place to stay after we visited Gettysburg Battlefield in PA. It is only 40 minutes away from Gettysburg. We got this hotel thru winning the bid from Priceline, so we paid a lot less than booking directly to the hotel. The beds are comfortable, has a flat-screen TV, and desk. However, the bathroom is very old and out-dated. I found a small bug when I unfolded the floor-mate towel. Overall it is a good value for what we paid for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Gettysburg and we are glad that you were able to get a good deal to make the stay even better! :) If you are able to contact me to let me know which room you stayed in, I would greatly appreciate it. That will allow my team to inspect the room properly. I look forward to hearing from you and we look forward to having you back again with us! Thanks again!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently returned from a short stay at this hotel and found it to be very clean and staff super friendly. There is no elevator but what's the big deal? It is only a very short flight up the steps to your room. Great food, wonderful service, nice pool area.....what more could you ask for. Bathrooms are a bit dated but again super clean and a very nice size. The beds are sumpy comfy as well. This is my hotel of choice when I am back in Frederick!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are so pleased that you had a nice visit with us and we look forward to having you back. Our staff work very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable with our guest interactions, cleanliness of rooms, and making everyone feel like it's their "home away from home." Again, thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!