“Maybe not coming back.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5400 Holiday Drive, I-270 @ Route 85, Frederick, MD 21703   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Frederick
San Francisco, California
“Maybe not coming back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Holiday Inn FSK in Frederick, MD is a place where relation may not be first and foremost. I stayed in this hotel because the pictures presented online were beautiful and enticing. When I arrived, I was greeted by a nice individual who really cares. Unfortunately, I was given a room on the first floor, near the inside playground. To make it worst, my room was just outside the ping-pong table area. When guests played, the sound penetrated my room. One good thing about this hotel is the restaurant staff. They were attentive and nice. The breakfast serving is generous and good. When you choose to stay in this hotel, request a room facing the mall area in the back. I think the rooms in this side of the hotel isolate you from the inside playground. The hotel is near Monocacy Battlefield National Park. and other historical sites. Overall, an average hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Laura M, Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments and feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at the Hotel. We would certainly love to have you stay with us again! Please feel free to reach out to us the next time that you are in town and we will be happy to select a room location that will make your stay more enjoyable! We look forward to having you stay with us again! Thanks for choosing our Hotel!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Jessup, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I recently stayed here for 2 nights for a friend's wedding, and was greatly disappointed in the customer service she received and the atmosphere of the hotel. First, she was guaranteed a "corner king" room (which is larger than the standard king room and has a queen sleeper sofa) for the night prior to the wedding as well as her and her groom's wedding night. When she checked in, she was told that the person staying in that room the night before decided to stay an extra night, so we had to bunk in a room with two doubles and deal with moving all of our dresses, luggage, and other wedding things the day of! The beds, I must admit, are very comfortable. However, sleeping did not come easy on our second night (my husband and I were in a "standard king") as the air conditioner barely worked! When we called, we were told to turn it off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on. If that didn't work, she said there was nothing else they could do! Finally-this hotel does not have an elevator. Keep that in mind if you (like my friend) will be staying there before a wedding or any other event will you may have a lot of luggage-and in that case, make sure you request a ground floor room! Besides those grievances, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. I would probably not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with lots of luggage, request ground floor rooms!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ellicott City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Breakfast buffet is nice and reasonable.Dinner is available in the bar restaurant and the hotel is behind a big mall with all kinds of eating choices. The rooms are getting close to needing a do over though

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you very much for your review of my property! We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and it is always great to receive positive comments. If you have time to respond to me directly please contact the hotel so that I may know of any staff member, in particular, who made your stay enjoyable. I would also appreciate any comments you may have on how we can improve our property and service. Again, thank you for your positive remarks regarding the hotel!
Middletown, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Upon arriving was impressed with hotel lobby, large, grand and welcoming. Hotel property is large, with lots of rooms. Upon entering room was surprised at all old features, TV, beds, bathroom, heating/cooling unit and thermostat. Felt I was in the 90's. I booked via online discount hotel site, so got a rate of 69 dollars, which was fair for the property. If I would have paid the walk in rate of 124 dollars I would have been really bummed out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Glen Rock, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

All staff pleasant, accommodating, friendly, always smiling. We were especially impressed with the staff at the morning buffet breakfast. They were so attentive and all made us feel very welcome and it was a very refreshing experience. We will go back and are looking forward to it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Germantown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I wished I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Made HUGE mistake taking Expedia's offer to take an unkown 3 star hotel at a discount. NEVER take that offer. This hotel is a DUMP and to make matters worse, our checkout folio showed Expedia was only paying 50% what we paid them for the room. HUGE RIP OFF. The two star hotels in the area are MUCH nicer. Flat out, this hotel is worn down and relies too much on the wedding and business traffic from its conference center and seems to show it can care less about the other hotel guests. I have no idea how it is a 3 star hotel, it is maybe a 1.5 at best. Here are some of the issues. They may seem minor, but there was so many that they added up and this review has a 1500 character max.1. Hot Tub broken. 2. Vending machine by room, coins only & broken 3.Hotel staff was rude when we asked for refund. 4. Hallways and stair wells were so hot and humid that candy bar I got from other machine was melted. 5. Key rarely worked on outside doors for after hours entrance. 6. Towels were rough and frayed. 7. Parking lot was scary. 8. View outside window was blocked by an overgrown bush. 9. Hotel lobby had body odor/musty smell. 10. The INDOOR pool only had 1 lounge chair, but 4 or 5 sun umbrellas with rusty gates. 11. Putt Putt course was a JOKE. Only had wiffle balls and astro turf was torn up. Bottom line is I would have been happy if this was listed as the cheapest 2 star and would have understood I got what I paid for. Instead I got scammed by Expedia and the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I hosted my parents at this Holiday Inn, and was very pleasantly surprised. They visited during Prom week, and the management had strict rules prohibiting underage and unsupervised guests. We did not see any prom-goers, and I appreciated their quiet stay.

Very comfortable rooms, good water pressure, good service. We were very pleased.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!