“Clean, small and basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 10%
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
New Haven, Connecticut
“Clean, small and basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

There is nothing fancy about this place but if you're just looking for a clean room to put your head down for a bit, this will work. On the down side: Rooms are very, very small (like NYC small). I'm not sure what the pictures on the web site are because my room looked nothing like them. I did not like that there was nowhere to sit other than the desk chair or the bed. The walls were pretty thin and there were odd clankings though the night (old plumbing? old HVAC?). My room was in the front of the building and a spotlight pointed directly into my room. The elevator was out of service, but it's only two stories so walking up a flight of stairs for a few days was no big deal. Housekeeping was...inconsistent. There's the typical "green" option where your linens and towels won't be changed if you're game. Fine by me, but they either changed my towels every day anyway, or just took the used ones and didn't replace them.

On the bright side, the room appeared to be recently refreshed and the bathroom was updated. The staff was very nice and the complimentary breakfast did have a good variety of healthy options like oatmeal and fresh fruit. It's located in the middle of a strip mall/chain restaurant area so not at all charming like the historic area, but safe and convenient to downtown and the highway. Take the time to drive the 10-15 minutes to downtown for meals; the number and variety of really great locally owned restaurants is impressive.

Overall, it gets a big "eh" but it wasn't terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. The front rooms face a very busy road and you may have a spotlight beami...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Caldwell, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good place to stop for a night but be prepared for a very small room. We stayed here because we had our little pooch with us. We requested a king bed which we did get but the bed took up most of the room. There was not a chair to sit in and the bathroom was tiny.
The bed was comfy and the staff was nice. Breakfast was typical. The hotel is in the middle of a shopping mall/ strip. Restaurants are all over and it is not far from the town which is adorable b.

Room Tip: The elevator is being replaced so ask for a first floor room or be prepared to climb steps. Also, as...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Toms River, Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First time here and I Will Not Stay at Any Other Hotel when staying in this City. I had a Late Check In and the Woman Greeted me with a Big Smile and Up Most Respect. I'm a Diamond with Both Choice and Best Western. I had to stay Here for Work and So Glad I Did. Marty Our Sales Contact was So Very Helpful. He was given the Wrong Floor Plan and before 15 minutes passed He and His Team had My Room Set Up PERFECT !!! Thank You Goes Out to The Entire Staff. Raymond A Cardillo

Room Tip: 1st Floor is where I Chose to Be
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We helped our son move and needed a bed to sleep in at the end of the day, rather than bunking on the sleep sofa. The Country Inn and Suites was a nice surprise! The company has worked to update its look and features! My last experience with this chain was less than memorable. The lobby had a large sofa and comfy chairs. It looked like a nice living room.

Our king suite was small, but had been updated with new furnishings, etc. There was a spare blanket and "synthetic pillow" in the closet. Moments after walking in, the phone rang <LOUD!> Puzzled, I picked it up and it was the front desk making sure the accomodation was acceptable. Thats a new thing.

After heading into historic Frederick for dinner, we returned to the room. We realized that there weren't enough "empty" outlets to charge our various electronic devices. Thats something that could be added - a charging station of some sort. Climbing into bed, the sheets/blankets were tucked so tightly under the mattress, it was a struggle pulling the blankets up to cover my shoulders, and my toes got a bit mashed.

A HUGE plus: The HVAC unit was QUIET! I typically need to wear earplugs because most in room units are so very loud. This one was barely noticeable.

The bathroom was on the small side, but we typically take turns with the sink/shower anyway. The single sink vanity wouldn't easily hold much in the way of toiletries.

Breakfast was a nice assortment. Eggs, ham, hashbrowns, and even a pan of diced onion/peppers for anyone wishing to create a custom omelet. There were raisins and brown sugar for the "home made" hot oatmeal. And there was a waffle maker plus fixings.

Overall, we were very pleased and will certainly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!