“Very nice. Unexpectedly up to date.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 10%
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Very nice. Unexpectedly up to date.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We helped our son move and needed a bed to sleep in at the end of the day, rather than bunking on the sleep sofa. The Country Inn and Suites was a nice surprise! The company has worked to update its look and features! My last experience with this chain was less than memorable. The lobby had a large sofa and comfy chairs. It looked like a nice living room.

Our king suite was small, but had been updated with new furnishings, etc. There was a spare blanket and "synthetic pillow" in the closet. Moments after walking in, the phone rang <LOUD!> Puzzled, I picked it up and it was the front desk making sure the accomodation was acceptable. Thats a new thing.

After heading into historic Frederick for dinner, we returned to the room. We realized that there weren't enough "empty" outlets to charge our various electronic devices. Thats something that could be added - a charging station of some sort. Climbing into bed, the sheets/blankets were tucked so tightly under the mattress, it was a struggle pulling the blankets up to cover my shoulders, and my toes got a bit mashed.

A HUGE plus: The HVAC unit was QUIET! I typically need to wear earplugs because most in room units are so very loud. This one was barely noticeable.

The bathroom was on the small side, but we typically take turns with the sink/shower anyway. The single sink vanity wouldn't easily hold much in the way of toiletries.

Breakfast was a nice assortment. Eggs, ham, hashbrowns, and even a pan of diced onion/peppers for anyone wishing to create a custom omelet. There were raisins and brown sugar for the "home made" hot oatmeal. And there was a waffle maker plus fixings.

Overall, we were very pleased and will certainly stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I work in the Frederick area a couple of times a week and often stay here. Front desk is very friendly and always helps if there are any issues. Rooms are your basic set up and are always very clean. Beds are very comfy and pillows are amazing! Within walking distance to the mall and other restaurants.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I work in Frederick close to this place, and decided on a spur of the moment to stay here when the weather was poor outside since I could not make it home that evening. I was able to get a room last minute with a king sized bed. The hotel was being renovated and did not have a working elevator, but I did not mind the walk to my room. My room was clean and I was impressed with the amenities available. The hotel was quiet which was a plus as well. My only complaint was that the heater in my room made a clicking/banging noise while it was running......but I just slept with the heater off. Check out was a quick process as well. If inclement weather forces me to stay in Frederick overnight again, I would definitely revisit this hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

We stayed at this place at the spur of the moment. It has a convenient location next to several shopping mall, not too far from the historic down town. The staff went out of their way to make the stay a pleasant one. Paula, manager and Chastity made this a pleasant stay (sorry the name of the friendly young man that checked us in, escapes me). The completely newly renovated and decorated rooms and exterior was all a pleasant surprise, not the run-of-the-mill Country Inn. The only issue was a sparser than usual breakfast. Recommended value for money place!

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
What wonderful comments about my staff! I will be sure to share these comments with Paula, Chasity and Akin. Hospitality is our business and they are true examples of friendly and professional staff. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful week.
Lee Ireland-GM

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!