“One night stay convenience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 10%
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
“One night stay convenience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I work in Frederick close to this place, and decided on a spur of the moment to stay here when the weather was poor outside since I could not make it home that evening. I was able to get a room last minute with a king sized bed. The hotel was being renovated and did not have a working elevator, but I did not mind the walk to my room. My room was clean and I was impressed with the amenities available. The hotel was quiet which was a plus as well. My only complaint was that the heater in my room made a clicking/banging noise while it was running......but I just slept with the heater off. Check out was a quick process as well. If inclement weather forces me to stay in Frederick overnight again, I would definitely revisit this hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this place at the spur of the moment. It has a convenient location next to several shopping mall, not too far from the historic down town. The staff went out of their way to make the stay a pleasant one. Paula, manager and Chastity made this a pleasant stay (sorry the name of the friendly young man that checked us in, escapes me). The completely newly renovated and decorated rooms and exterior was all a pleasant surprise, not the run-of-the-mill Country Inn. The only issue was a sparser than usual breakfast. Recommended value for money place!

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 1 week ago
What wonderful comments about my staff! I will be sure to share these comments with Paula, Chasity and Akin. Hospitality is our business and they are true examples of friendly and professional staff. Thank you for staying with us and have a wonderful week.
Warrenton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Frederick, Md is just a couple hours from my home but I decided to stay a night in Frederick, Md and explore the historic town after a lecture at the Weinberg Theater by Jane Fonda. The hotel is tucked in a corner off of Spectrum Drive by the mall which was a little difficult for me to find because there is not much signage. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. I had difficulty with the key card working which was frustrating but not a big deal. The 2 bedroom Queen on the first floor was large and super clean with WIFI and a TV. The price was 82.00 dollars which was middle price range for Frederick. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good with a waffle maker, fresh fruit and yogurt and the standard bacon, eggs and home fries. If you are looking for ambiance, romance, a pool and fine dining this might not be your best selection. The location by shopping and chain restaurants is good and it was surprisingly quiet. It is a good value for basic lodging and pet friendly is a plus.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Charlotte, thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your positive comments and I will be sharing them with our staff. I hope you will return in the future. Have a great week!
lee Ireland-GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are looking for a convenient,clean,remodeled hotel in the Frederick Md. area right off interstate 270/85 look no farther!
We stayed here overnight and really enjoyed our stay. The check in went great and the room was spotless and very modern! The hotel is still being renovated but it didn't have any effect on our stay.
There are many places to eat close by and also a mall.
You can't go wrong staying here and we would not hesitate to stay here again when we are in the area.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! we are delighted you like the new look and had a very positive experience at the property. We look forward to your return.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were greeted at the desk by a very pleasant clerk. She was courteous and helpful
Twenty minutes after we arrived we received a call from the desk asking us if the room was satisfactory and to check if we needed anything.

The room was sparkling clean and looked recently remodeled.

The breakfast was much more than I expected. It wasn't your typical coffee and pastry bar. They had a hot breakfast with several choices available.

Over all very pleasant.

For smokers, you might want to find someplace else. The whole place was posted throughout as a non smoking facility (saw some die hards outside the door feeding their habit in the snow).

One note to management: Check the e-mail you have on the web page. I sent you a note five days prior to arrival and never got a reply. Didn't matter, question was answered during reservation phone call.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. First, let me apologize for not receiving your e-mail. We make every attempt to answer incoming questions from our guests on the facility or the surrounding area. Your comments were appreciated and we look forward to you and the family visiting in the future.
Lee Ireland-GM

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!