“If You don't like Internet.....” 2 of 5 stars

Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
Save Saved
You added Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“If You don't like Internet.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I will just say this, We had to stay here for the whole weekend, the internet didn't work, (we had to use our cell phones portable hot spot all weekend,which uses our data up), the cable kept going in and out, YES, I notified the front desk more than twice about these problems, All I got was an apology. the phone in the room didn't work, I also reported that to two different clerks, I was told that they are going to fix it tomorrow (Monday), that is the day we checked out. The people are nice, the breakfast was ok, the bed was ok, the tub squeaked loud while showering, (not important,but thought I would mention it), but due to the internet issues and cable issues, I don't think we will stay here again!.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am very sorry you had a bad experience during your stay this weekend. I have informed my agents that they are to go the extra mile to meet the needs of our guests and this truly was not done for you. I was aware of the internet issues and I am sorry that this was not resolved prior to your arrival this weekend. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. Please feel
free to contact me direct to discuss your stay.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Port Townsend, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I had terrible sleep in this hotel, it was very noisy, the hotel is currently undergoing renovations (so the staircase was the only way to get up and down, no elevator, good exercise I guess....) The door on my room was cardboard thin, or not insulated, but I could hear every voice, every footstep outside my room, this was not conducive to a good night's sleep. The breakfast was OK. The staff were just OK. I tried to get switched to another room but was told to come back later to speak to someone else, I didn't have the ability to do that due to my schedule, so it did not happen as they did not accommodate me. I didn't want to give this hotel a two star, but three is too many. 2 1/2 stars is what they get. Hopefully they are much improved once their renovations are complete, but they need to replace the crummy doors.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Heather, thank you for your comments. Yes, we are undergoing the second phase of our renovations. We are currently starting the construction of our elevator which will provide easy access to our second floor. I am sorry to hear you did not get a good night's rest, we are doing a research on how we can minimize the noise in our hallways. I have spoken to the front desk clerk on why they did not meet your needs and retraining on how to resolve guests problems moving forward. I do apologize for your disappointing experience during your stay, but I hope you will return in the future and allow us a second chance to give you the experience you desire.
Tempe, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were here on business for 4 days. The only downfall was that there was no elevator and we had to carry all our luggage up the stairs.Staff was awesome, but was not familiar with the local history. There are magazines available in the lobby though.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your comments and we will use them to provide better guest experience for our future guests.

Fredrick, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Barking dogs, loud children = a poor stay and we will not return. We were told (too late!) it is a "Pet Friendly" hotel. Think that over as you "enjoy" their rooms. We received little sympathy from the front office staff.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

We are very sorry that you experienced an unpleasant stay at our property. I taken steps to retrain my staff on responses & resolutions to guest problems.
Aiken, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every once in a while you hit a place where you have the perfect accommodation experience. This was it. The young woman at the counter was as knowledgeable and helpful and professional as could be. The manager probably went overboard trying to be helpful, but the point is that these people were doing their very best to make our stay a good one. They met a couple special requests we made without a hitch. The property seems to be very well run and maintained. We appreciated that the breakfast had better-than-average eggs and sausage, and granola with dried fruit. I do wonder if this property has always been a CI&S, as there is no portico to drive up under, and no elevator to the 2nd floor, both of which I associate with CI&S. In any event, if I had to stay anywhere in the area, I might even drive a little out of my way to stay here again. Six stars. Oh yeah, one tiny niggle: Please dump the Kellogg's Raisin Bran, which has an incredible amount of sugar in it, and substitute Post.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your comments. I will be sure to share your review with my staff. it takes a team to provide a positive guest experience and to maintain a beautiful property. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Country Inn & Suites
Lancaster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was perfect for a week stay. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was great. Staff was wonderful and answered any issues or questions I had. They provided extra pillows on the bed and I loved it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Jennifer, thank you for your comments on our property. It takes a team to make a great guest experience and I will be sure to share your comments with all of them. thank you for choosing the Country Inns & Suites!
Gm
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stopped over here for one night during a three week USA trip. This place was fine for that purpose. Nothing outstanding, but a fine place to stay over.

The facade has obviously been recently repainted and the first impression is better than the substance behind.

The room was spacious with new furnishings which didn't seem to fit with the tired looking room - paint, a/c unit etc.

The hotel seems to be a bit of a stopover point for truckers and contractors and we had a refrigerator truck parked outside our room - the generator fired up every five minutes or so and we finally requested a change of room around 11pm.

Staff were friendly and after we changed rooms we slept fine.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Christopher Jon, thank you for your recent review and for staying at the Country Inns & Suites!
We value your comments and I will review with the staff your concerns. I am sorry our property did not meet all of your expectations, but hope you will return in the future when all of our renovations are complete.
Thank you again and have a great week end.
Country Inns & Suites

Been to Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!