“Fredrick, MD” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick

Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
You added Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Skokie, United States
“Fredrick, MD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Location of this hotel is corner of the mall, and close to shopping & restaurants, but away from busy street and quiet at night. Good Night sleep is good for stay. Room is clean and breakfast is decent, but room did not have fridge nor microwave. Also Free Wi-Fi was not working.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Robert, thank you for your comments on our property. I apologize for the internet service during your stay. We have fixed this problem and hope you will return in the future to find all our services in full operations. Thank you for choosing the Country Inns & Suites.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
West Palm Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I had booked my room through price line and got a good rate but that is about all. I called the hotel directly and had requested a room on the first floor since their was no elevator and my husband has copd and stairs are hard for him. I was told a note would be made so we could have a room on the first floor but when we checked in our room was on the second floor, which meant once my husband got upstairs that is where he stayed, which meant that I was left to do all the running up and down the stairs. I was disappointed in the breakfast but what do you expect for free. The one plus for the hotel was that the room was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Janet, I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience during your recent stay at the Country Inns & Suites. I value your comments and I will be speaking with my front desk staff on the handling guests with health issues to always be sure they are accommodating them on the first floor. Should you be retuning to the area in the future, our elevator will be in operation by November of 2014. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that our goal is to be helpful and comforting to our guests.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed at another Country Inn & Suites here in New York State an had a much better experience that what I experienced in Fredrick, MD. I could not help compare the MD. hotel to the NY one. Please refer to other comments in survey. Not sure I would stay here again if I needed to return to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Ms. Barb, I am sorry our property did not meet the expectations you have experienced in the past with Country Inns & Suites. It Is my goal that all guests received exception service and an outstanding product during their stay. I am sorry none of these were met during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with our staff to review the areas we need to improve to ensure this does not happen in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope you will stay with us in the future when traveling to Frederick, MD.
Gretna, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great location near lots of things to see outside the DC area. Location was key area in Civil War so lots of great places to visit related to the war. Breakfast was one of the best I have had at Country Inn Suites. Breakfast staff was great and very friendly. Only issue was not pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Management5579, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Rocky, I appreciate your very kind comments on our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in Frederick and found our property to be a very positive experience. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I made our reservation via phone with the hotel (not their 800 number and not through a 3rd party). I had requested a King bed on upper floor and email confirmation stated a King room was reserved for us. When we checked in mid-afternoon, we were told we had a queen room on the 1st floor. When I stated that we had the confirmation for King, she said they were booked and only had a Queen available - and then proceeded to say that I had probably confirmed through a 3rd party - wrong! I had the paperwork but it was in our car - we could of gone and gotten it but it was the principal of the matter - and the fact that another person behind the desk made a snide remark " well most people understand" (very rude) - now please note, we were not being rude but were just trying to understand why we didn't have a King when I was told via phone that they had King available and my email confirmation stated we had King. It just didn't make sense. Finally we found out that I had a king room reserved but they gave it to another large party. After talking very nicely with them for over 20 minutes, the girl I was dealing with gave us a King room on the 2nd floor - when the other person who had made the snide remark found out, she said "hopefully the other people will "understand' " - and again, she stated that very rudely - like a dig to us. We thanked the other girl and proceeded to our room - please note, there are only 2 floors and NO elevator. The rooms were OK - but we didn't like the lay-out of the hotel - could tell it was an older hotel. For the price, we felt this hotel wasn't worth it. But rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Willoughby, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to Williamsburg. Its an older hotel, not the typical Country Suites. That being said, it was freshly painted, it was clean, the bed was very comfortable and overall reasonably priced. The breakfast was ok...coffee, juices, cereals, breads, waffles, eggs, potatoes and sausage.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Windber, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hubs and I were feeling a bit road-weary after a 7 hour drive with 2&1/2 hours still to go. Stopped in this place and luckily it had a room available. This place is CLEAN, completely non-smoking, modern, and just all-around lovely. We will stay again and definitely recommend to others. Toiletries are Pantene naturals, lots of towels, and full breakfast included in a $109. rate. This is a good one!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!