“Good location but not much else” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Frederick
West Palm Beach
“Good location but not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had booked my room through price line and got a good rate but that is about all. I called the hotel directly and had requested a room on the first floor since their was no elevator and my husband has copd and stairs are hard for him. I was told a note would be made so we could have a room on the first floor but when we checked in our room was on the second floor, which meant once my husband got upstairs that is where he stayed, which meant that I was left to do all the running up and down the stairs. I was disappointed in the breakfast but what do you expect for free. The one plus for the hotel was that the room was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at another Country Inn & Suites here in New York State an had a much better experience that what I experienced in Fredrick, MD. I could not help compare the MD. hotel to the NY one. Please refer to other comments in survey. Not sure I would stay here again if I needed to return to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Gretna, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location near lots of things to see outside the DC area. Location was key area in Civil War so lots of great places to visit related to the war. Breakfast was one of the best I have had at Country Inn Suites. Breakfast staff was great and very friendly. Only issue was not pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I made our reservation via phone with the hotel (not their 800 number and not through a 3rd party). I had requested a King bed on upper floor and email confirmation stated a King room was reserved for us. When we checked in mid-afternoon, we were told we had a queen room on the 1st floor. When I stated that we had the confirmation for King, she said they were booked and only had a Queen available - and then proceeded to say that I had probably confirmed through a 3rd party - wrong! I had the paperwork but it was in our car - we could of gone and gotten it but it was the principal of the matter - and the fact that another person behind the desk made a snide remark " well most people understand" (very rude) - now please note, we were not being rude but were just trying to understand why we didn't have a King when I was told via phone that they had King available and my email confirmation stated we had King. It just didn't make sense. Finally we found out that I had a king room reserved but they gave it to another large party. After talking very nicely with them for over 20 minutes, the girl I was dealing with gave us a King room on the 2nd floor - when the other person who had made the snide remark found out, she said "hopefully the other people will "understand' " - and again, she stated that very rudely - like a dig to us. We thanked the other girl and proceeded to our room - please note, there are only 2 floors and NO elevator. The rooms were OK - but we didn't like the lay-out of the hotel - could tell it was an older hotel. For the price, we felt this hotel wasn't worth it. But rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Willoughby, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to Williamsburg. Its an older hotel, not the typical Country Suites. That being said, it was freshly painted, it was clean, the bed was very comfortable and overall reasonably priced. The breakfast was ok...coffee, juices, cereals, breads, waffles, eggs, potatoes and sausage.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Windber, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hubs and I were feeling a bit road-weary after a 7 hour drive with 2&1/2 hours still to go. Stopped in this place and luckily it had a room available. This place is CLEAN, completely non-smoking, modern, and just all-around lovely. We will stay again and definitely recommend to others. Toiletries are Pantene naturals, lots of towels, and full breakfast included in a $109. rate. This is a good one!

Stayed July 2014
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were happily pleased to find the hotel fresh from a recent renovation, a quite complete breakfast including waffles, egg omelets, and a variety of juices. It's well located near Francis Scott Key mall, May's Restaurant (go for the crabcake!), and easy access to downtown Frederick.
The only drawback is the slow internet, but it's free and they provide a terminal for those without a device. Help is cheerful and helpful, especially Tracee who helped us to get diesel fuel at Sam's Club, just newly added the gas station (not yet updated at the Sams website).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!