“OK hotel, CS not the greatest, 2 floors and no elevator” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick

Save Saved
You added Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Pennsylvania
“OK hotel, CS not the greatest, 2 floors and no elevator”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I made our reservation via phone with the hotel (not their 800 number and not through a 3rd party). I had requested a King bed on upper floor and email confirmation stated a King room was reserved for us. When we checked in mid-afternoon, we were told we had a queen room on the 1st floor. When I stated that we had the confirmation for King, she said they were booked and only had a Queen available - and then proceeded to say that I had probably confirmed through a 3rd party - wrong! I had the paperwork but it was in our car - we could of gone and gotten it but it was the principal of the matter - and the fact that another person behind the desk made a snide remark " well most people understand" (very rude) - now please note, we were not being rude but were just trying to understand why we didn't have a King when I was told via phone that they had King available and my email confirmation stated we had King. It just didn't make sense. Finally we found out that I had a king room reserved but they gave it to another large party. After talking very nicely with them for over 20 minutes, the girl I was dealing with gave us a King room on the 2nd floor - when the other person who had made the snide remark found out, she said "hopefully the other people will "understand' " - and again, she stated that very rudely - like a dig to us. We thanked the other girl and proceeded to our room - please note, there are only 2 floors and NO elevator. The rooms were OK - but we didn't like the lay-out of the hotel - could tell it was an older hotel. For the price, we felt this hotel wasn't worth it. But rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Willoughby, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to Williamsburg. Its an older hotel, not the typical Country Suites. That being said, it was freshly painted, it was clean, the bed was very comfortable and overall reasonably priced. The breakfast was ok...coffee, juices, cereals, breads, waffles, eggs, potatoes and sausage.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Windber, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hubs and I were feeling a bit road-weary after a 7 hour drive with 2&1/2 hours still to go. Stopped in this place and luckily it had a room available. This place is CLEAN, completely non-smoking, modern, and just all-around lovely. We will stay again and definitely recommend to others. Toiletries are Pantene naturals, lots of towels, and full breakfast included in a $109. rate. This is a good one!

Stayed July 2014
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were happily pleased to find the hotel fresh from a recent renovation, a quite complete breakfast including waffles, egg omelets, and a variety of juices. It's well located near Francis Scott Key mall, May's Restaurant (go for the crabcake!), and easy access to downtown Frederick.
The only drawback is the slow internet, but it's free and they provide a terminal for those without a device. Help is cheerful and helpful, especially Tracee who helped us to get diesel fuel at Sam's Club, just newly added the gas station (not yet updated at the Sams website).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Marshall, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I reserved a room for two nights a month in advance, the day of my arrival, I called and was assured that a ground floor room was reserved for me. I was staying in Frederick with my dog, and needed to carry his large metal crate from the room to the car each day. When I arrived, the room that I had been promised had been given to someone else. I could understand this, EXCEPT THEY HAD MY CREDIT CARD # TO HOLD THE ROOM. Plus you pay dearly to have a pet with you. For $138.00 dollars a night, I expect better service. A person from the desk grudgingly carried my crate up the stairs, but was very rough with it, actually trying to roll it at one point. When I complained the next morning, I was told you can't reserve a specific room, but then when I asked to move when a ground floor room became available, I was told they were blocked off for another group. I travel to Frederick a few times a year, but won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Management5579, Manager at Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I do apologize for your unpleasant stay at the Country Inns & Suites in Frederick, MD. It is our policy that we attempt to meet all the needs of the guests and provide them with an outstanding stay. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and they will receive retraining on guest service standards immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what it means to be guest friendly in the future.
Thank you for your comments.
Lee Ireland
GM
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The rates are very good and that will make me return when I'm travelling on a tight budget. The hotel is opposite the Francis Scott Key mall which is handy for shopping and there are a number of restaurants in the area. I stayed here twice, the second time for a full week. I didn't try the breakfast. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Remember to ask for a fridge and microwave if you require one as not all rooms have them. There is no elevator therefore request ground floor accommodation if you have large baggage, however the noise from the floor above is noticeable. In the hotel passages, the smell of smoke and the noise is noticeable, however you are protected from this in your room.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a fridge and microwave if you require one as not all rooms have them. There is n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have stayed here twice. Carlson is renovating the property and doing a great job. It is clean and comfortable though the rooms are a bit small. Also, the breakfast does not start until 7am on the weekends which means we do not get to have breakfast there as we need to leave by 6am. However, there are many restaurants nearby which is very convenient. They are also dog friendly!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!