“Nice for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick

Save Saved
You added Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick to your Saves list
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   5579 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703 (Formerly The Hotel Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Sandusky, Ohio
“Nice for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Recently made a trip to Frederick "spur of the moment" due to a family emergency. The area was pretty full. We were pleased to stay at the Country Inn & Suites. Their rooms were just over $80 per night including taxes. We thought that was very affordable.

The hotel was recently converted and advertised as "under construction". Aside from some large dumpsters out back I would never have known. Our room looked very nice and the hallways and lobby/ breakfast area was very nice. We stayed at the Main Stay a few years ago when they were being renovated and most of the carpet and trim were missing. Plus there were construction curtains covering some of the hallways. But Country Inn was very nice and I would recommend a stay even during this renovation period.

The room was a little small for us. I am sure it is a nice size. But we have 3 small children and all the accessories that go along with them. So floor space was quite a premium. We would stay again if we traveled without the kids.

Room Tip: The website reservation currently only lists "accessible rooms" as a room type. These roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
MARYLAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Frederick for work this week. The room was wonderful, clean, king bed, flat screen tv, most important for me sheets on the top and the bottom of the blanket so you never have to touch the blanket. The smell of breakfast wafting into my room as if mom had cooked it and after I got ready I could come to the kitchen and eat. No cooking involved. I had my dog with me and she was welcomed with open arms.
Everything about my experience at this hotel was great. There are things unfinished, there is a whole section of rooms still being updated but I never heard a bit of construction. Of course, I left for work in the mornings. I would stay their again, no questions asked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Not the usual Country Inn that I'm accustomed to. I understand that this hotel just converted on Feb 1st from a Holiday Inn Express. Stayed three nights recently, and all I'll say is just be patient with the conversion. No business centre, and the in room Wi-Fi didn't work for two full days, the breakfast wasn't what I've been used to when staying at a Country Inn. Thank God there was a Bob Evans right next door. My room was so so, not the usual Country Inn standards that I've enjoyed previously. But heh I'm a patient person and I know things take time. Hopefully by the time I revisit Frederick things will be a bit better. Stay tuned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here Feb 22 overnite and to be honest the hotel is being renovated from a Holiday Inn Express to a Country Inn and Suites but our stay was very nice. I gave it a 3 rating because of the work being done but other than that it was very nice. Nice King room, flat screen tv, micro, refridge, and popcorn, coffe pot etc. The breakfast was hot with bacon and eggs, waffles and any other breakfast items you usually get at a breakfast. I would stay again in a moment. The employees were very friendly.

Room Tip: 2nd foor was fine with us.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Frederick? Share your experiences!