“The pictures are not the true story” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Frederick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21702   |
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Dover, Delaware
“The pictures are not the true story”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had no carpet on the floors , the bed was not made that way the it's showed . very lttle light in room ... Staff was friendly lobby was clean ... but that's where it stopped ... Ice area not well lighted or clean or safe .. Old carpet was under stair wells .. Place is more pet friendly then people friendly ... None smoking room had cig burns on bed spread . I stayed in room 147 and it was bare .. not looking at all like the pictures they show

Room Tip: Remember people are paying not pets
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Once I got to the hotel after 12 midnight and I still got a friendly warm greeting from the Spanish front desk employee, he knew the location very well and suggestions place to check out with my kids!!! On top of that the price was affordable can't beat that

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Problems every day there. Though at least they had some renovations planned, started waaaayyyy too early in am. Said I had to move rooms, extremely rude and disrepectful. Felt like they forced me out. Locked out of room to get me to front office to inform I had to move. Manager clueless. Bad service. STAY AWAY if you have a brain.

• Stayed May 2013
Ricardo C, Manager at Motel 6 Frederick, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Ms. HSiz:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 in Frederick, MD. I am sorry again that your experience did not meet your expectations, as you mentioned we are undergoing renovations and at no point it was our intent to make you feel being pushed out. It was our intent to request that you would move so that you would not get disturbed by noise, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies again.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your input is very important to us. I was under the impression before you left after your 4 day stay that you were happy with the resolution we had agreed on but it appears that I was incorrect. Please contact me at 301-662-5141 so can further discuss as it is my goal to keep you as a loyal customer of our Motel 6. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Ricardo Conde
Calfornia-Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were traveling through Frederick on a short trip. We came in late at night without a reservation. The staff did recommend having an upstairs room due to the construction they are doing to update the rooms. We have a toddler, and climbing stairs with a pack n play was not something we were hoping for. The staff was friendly and said there was a downstairs room available, but the water would be shut off after 10 am. That was more than enough time for everyone to get a shower. The room was spacious enough that we had the pack n play set up without blocking the adults from walking around. We asked about a late checkout and the staff was wonderful about it. The room was clean, and actually nicer than I had expected. We will be returning to this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our stay here was excellent. We checked in and rgot the 1st floor room that we requested. Kevin, who checked up is very very professional and very nice. He put us in a first floor room on the courtyard side which was perfect. Our room was very large and clean. It was a great place to come with our dogs. It was also very quiet. There is a Starbucks right around the corner! We will be going back in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: The rooms on the courtyard side are quiet and nice. If you have a dog, there is a grassy area right...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ricardo C, General Manager at Motel 6 Frederick, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Thomas:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Motel 6 Frederick. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and especially Kevin. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff especially to Kevin as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. As the new general manager your feedback is extremely important to me as I try to provide direction for our team on where we need to improve.

Ricardo Conde
Motel 6 Medallia Hotels Corporation
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

So, I used this motel 6 to so that a film crew that was working for me could rest in between shooting. I had reserved 8 rooms for 2 nights. Upon check in I found out that I needed to extend the reservation for all rooms for another night. I asked at the desk and they made another reservation for the additional night. After the second night we came back after a long day of shooting tired and needing as much sleep as possible before we starteg shooting again 5 hours later. We found that even though we had extended the reservation the new reservation was not in the same record. Soooo they threw all of our stuff out into a room they weren't using. Gear, wardrobe, computers and gave our rooms away. We found this out at about 1am. I talked to the guy at the desk who told me the manager saw the other reservation but ignored it because we didn't check in again?!?! So I had a crew full of tired angry people freaked out that all of our stuff was treated like trash. I knew I should have stuck with the Days Inn but figured Motel 6 would be okay. So there I was standing there with a mess on my hands. I gave them my company card and said fine ill just book 8 more rooms tonight. The desk clerk then said "sorry, the manager put you on the do not rent too list"! I asked why and how does this make sence I had paid and they had all my info and we were working all day. Why didn't they at least call me? He told me the manager was "not the brightest bulb in the box" and that she liked to rule the place with an iron fist even when it made no sence. I wound up taking the whole crew over to the Days in where they gave me a special rate for all 8 rooms and made us feel welcome.

Just don't stay here, ever. I am lucky enough to know a good amount of folks shooting films in Frederick and always share with them my horror story. Don't work with people who have no respect or logic.

• Stayed April 2012
new holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very nice Motel 6. Clean and simple. Check in is fast and clerks well informed. But you have to pay for wifi. Truck parking is available just take the first entrance . Had a refridge but no mic. I'd add a star for free wifi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Frederick? Share your experiences!