“Worth coming back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Calfornia-Virginia
“Worth coming back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were traveling through Frederick on a short trip. We came in late at night without a reservation. The staff did recommend having an upstairs room due to the construction they are doing to update the rooms. We have a toddler, and climbing stairs with a pack n play was not something we were hoping for. The staff was friendly and said there was a downstairs room available, but the water would be shut off after 10 am. That was more than enough time for everyone to get a shower. The room was spacious enough that we had the pack n play set up without blocking the adults from walking around. We asked about a late checkout and the staff was wonderful about it. The room was clean, and actually nicer than I had expected. We will be returning to this hotel next time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our stay here was excellent. We checked in and rgot the 1st floor room that we requested. Kevin, who checked up is very very professional and very nice. He put us in a first floor room on the courtyard side which was perfect. Our room was very large and clean. It was a great place to come with our dogs. It was also very quiet. There is a Starbucks right around the corner! We will be going back in a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: The rooms on the courtyard side are quiet and nice. If you have a dog, there is a grassy area right...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ricardo C, General Manager at Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Thomas:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Motel 6 Frederick. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and especially Kevin. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff especially to Kevin as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. As the new general manager your feedback is extremely important to me as I try to provide direction for our team on where we need to improve.

Ricardo Conde
Motel 6 Medallia Hotels Corporation
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

So, I used this motel 6 to so that a film crew that was working for me could rest in between shooting. I had reserved 8 rooms for 2 nights. Upon check in I found out that I needed to extend the reservation for all rooms for another night. I asked at the desk and they made another reservation for the additional night. After the second night we came back after a long day of shooting tired and needing as much sleep as possible before we starteg shooting again 5 hours later. We found that even though we had extended the reservation the new reservation was not in the same record. Soooo they threw all of our stuff out into a room they weren't using. Gear, wardrobe, computers and gave our rooms away. We found this out at about 1am. I talked to the guy at the desk who told me the manager saw the other reservation but ignored it because we didn't check in again?!?! So I had a crew full of tired angry people freaked out that all of our stuff was treated like trash. I knew I should have stuck with the Days Inn but figured Motel 6 would be okay. So there I was standing there with a mess on my hands. I gave them my company card and said fine ill just book 8 more rooms tonight. The desk clerk then said "sorry, the manager put you on the do not rent too list"! I asked why and how does this make sence I had paid and they had all my info and we were working all day. Why didn't they at least call me? He told me the manager was "not the brightest bulb in the box" and that she liked to rule the place with an iron fist even when it made no sence. I wound up taking the whole crew over to the Days in where they gave me a special rate for all 8 rooms and made us feel welcome.

Just don't stay here, ever. I am lucky enough to know a good amount of folks shooting films in Frederick and always share with them my horror story. Don't work with people who have no respect or logic.

• Stayed April 2012
new holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very nice Motel 6. Clean and simple. Check in is fast and clerks well informed. But you have to pay for wifi. Truck parking is available just take the first entrance . Had a refridge but no mic. I'd add a star for free wifi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Margate, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel for 4 nights for work. It was not room available anywhere else. Even the room was non-smoking, the smell was horrible. Was not free internet! Something that comes standard now on days. No breakfast, only pump coffee.

Room Tip: No internet, must paid over $3 USD per day
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This motel is in need of a deep cleaning, updating and new linens. The place just made you feel dirty. I never even got a shower because the hot water seemed to not work. The carpets are filthy. The only nice thing about the motel was the pool. I realize it's an inexpensive place to stay, I wasn't expecting 5 star accomodations but I was expecting clean. We will never return, in fact we wouldn't have stayed had all the other hotels in the area had availability. One look at the outdated, dark, dark, dark and dingy room and filthy carpets made me want to run away. Do yourself a favor, find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, that is my advice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in my opinion a negative 5!!!!. They will not refund room money even though we never even slept there. You see we came to Frederick for a very important funeral. My son picked up keys and went straight to the family home for dinner. He had been informed that there was no hot water. And from what I have been told that hotels cannot legally rent rooms if there is no hot water. Well we had dinner and came back to hotel to go to bed. We decided to check if the water had been fixed and was informed that water would probably not be on until next day late. Now remember WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN THE ROOM!!!. The front clerk took a looooong time to take care of various issues like keys that would not work in doors and checking in shady people who seemed to not care there was no hot water. Now who wants to stay in a room that has no hot water????. Well we finally were helped and then was informed that one room would not be refunded because we had used it. Again WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN ROOM!!!. Very upset stay away from this hotel like your life depends on it BAD NEWS. You are likely to catch something bad and it is not legal to rent rooms when there is no hot water. Don't even let your dog stay there.

• Stayed July 2012