“Horrible Place With Really Poor Management and Illogical Reasoning” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Frederick

You added Motel 6 Frederick to your Saves list
Motel 6 Frederick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21702   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Horrible Place With Really Poor Management and Illogical Reasoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

So, I used this motel 6 to so that a film crew that was working for me could rest in between shooting. I had reserved 8 rooms for 2 nights. Upon check in I found out that I needed to extend the reservation for all rooms for another night. I asked at the desk and they made another reservation for the additional night. After the second night we came back after a long day of shooting tired and needing as much sleep as possible before we starteg shooting again 5 hours later. We found that even though we had extended the reservation the new reservation was not in the same record. Soooo they threw all of our stuff out into a room they weren't using. Gear, wardrobe, computers and gave our rooms away. We found this out at about 1am. I talked to the guy at the desk who told me the manager saw the other reservation but ignored it because we didn't check in again?!?! So I had a crew full of tired angry people freaked out that all of our stuff was treated like trash. I knew I should have stuck with the Days Inn but figured Motel 6 would be okay. So there I was standing there with a mess on my hands. I gave them my company card and said fine ill just book 8 more rooms tonight. The desk clerk then said "sorry, the manager put you on the do not rent too list"! I asked why and how does this make sence I had paid and they had all my info and we were working all day. Why didn't they at least call me? He told me the manager was "not the brightest bulb in the box" and that she liked to rule the place with an iron fist even when it made no sence. I wound up taking the whole crew over to the Days in where they gave me a special rate for all 8 rooms and made us feel welcome.

Just don't stay here, ever. I am lucky enough to know a good amount of folks shooting films in Frederick and always share with them my horror story. Don't work with people who have no respect or logic.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
new holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very nice Motel 6. Clean and simple. Check in is fast and clerks well informed. But you have to pay for wifi. Truck parking is available just take the first entrance . Had a refridge but no mic. I'd add a star for free wifi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Margate, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel for 4 nights for work. It was not room available anywhere else. Even the room was non-smoking, the smell was horrible. Was not free internet! Something that comes standard now on days. No breakfast, only pump coffee.

Room Tip: No internet, must paid over $3 USD per day
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This motel is in need of a deep cleaning, updating and new linens. The place just made you feel dirty. I never even got a shower because the hot water seemed to not work. The carpets are filthy. The only nice thing about the motel was the pool. I realize it's an inexpensive place to stay, I wasn't expecting 5 star accomodations but I was expecting clean. We will never return, in fact we wouldn't have stayed had all the other hotels in the area had availability. One look at the outdated, dark, dark, dark and dingy room and filthy carpets made me want to run away. Do yourself a favor, find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, that is my advice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in my opinion a negative 5!!!!. They will not refund room money even though we never even slept there. You see we came to Frederick for a very important funeral. My son picked up keys and went straight to the family home for dinner. He had been informed that there was no hot water. And from what I have been told that hotels cannot legally rent rooms if there is no hot water. Well we had dinner and came back to hotel to go to bed. We decided to check if the water had been fixed and was informed that water would probably not be on until next day late. Now remember WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN THE ROOM!!!. The front clerk took a looooong time to take care of various issues like keys that would not work in doors and checking in shady people who seemed to not care there was no hot water. Now who wants to stay in a room that has no hot water????. Well we finally were helped and then was informed that one room would not be refunded because we had used it. Again WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN ROOM!!!. Very upset stay away from this hotel like your life depends on it BAD NEWS. You are likely to catch something bad and it is not legal to rent rooms when there is no hot water. Don't even let your dog stay there.

• Stayed July 2012
Lewis Center, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The room carpet is as old as the building and very dirty, the furniture is stained and just creepy dirty. The rooms are large but dark. No feeling of welcomeness at this place. It hase a nice pool and the laundry room works well but there is no folding table or even a chair. parking spaces are mad for mini coopers.

Room Tip: Take lysol and your own towels and sheets.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This is the hotel from HELL. I was in town for the weekend for a wedding. This hotel was chosen because of location, close to family and the wedding venue that was the only good thing about this place. To start,We had 5 rooms we arrived at the hotel around 3:30pm to find that or rooms would not be available until 6. Arrive at the room and I just wanted to turn sound and go home. This place is disqusting. The chair was covered in stains, pulled the blanket back the sheets had stations on BOTH beds. Belief front desk to request clean sheets and wad told hk would bring them. We left to go eat return to the room to find that hk came to place a folded blanket on the bed, no clean sheets. Had to go to front desk and get some. The carpets haven't been clean, I never took my shoes off. That was just the begining. This place was a prostitution spot, people hanging in the hall area. I did not sleep until I got in the car go home and I was there for two days. I wad afraid something wad going to crawl on me. I don't see how this place is still in business with the many different health concerns. Mold in the bathroom, toilet leaves puddle on the floor this place wad chosen for me, next time I will choose my own. I have never felt sooo uncomfortable in my life. I couldn't even focus on the festivities because I was more focused on having to return to that place. I just really wanted to go home. The photos will speak for themselves. I am an advid TA user and most times the reviews be a little over the top, but the negative reviews on this place was dead on. Trust me, if budget is a major concern for you sleep in your car I'd you have to, just don't stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Frederick? Share your experiences!