“Very Nice Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
new holland
“Very Nice Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very nice Motel 6. Clean and simple. Check in is fast and clerks well informed. But you have to pay for wifi. Truck parking is available just take the first entrance . Had a refridge but no mic. I'd add a star for free wifi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Margate, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel for 4 nights for work. It was not room available anywhere else. Even the room was non-smoking, the smell was horrible. Was not free internet! Something that comes standard now on days. No breakfast, only pump coffee.

Room Tip: No internet, must paid over $3 USD per day
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This motel is in need of a deep cleaning, updating and new linens. The place just made you feel dirty. I never even got a shower because the hot water seemed to not work. The carpets are filthy. The only nice thing about the motel was the pool. I realize it's an inexpensive place to stay, I wasn't expecting 5 star accomodations but I was expecting clean. We will never return, in fact we wouldn't have stayed had all the other hotels in the area had availability. One look at the outdated, dark, dark, dark and dingy room and filthy carpets made me want to run away. Do yourself a favor, find somewhere else to stay!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, that is my advice!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in my opinion a negative 5!!!!. They will not refund room money even though we never even slept there. You see we came to Frederick for a very important funeral. My son picked up keys and went straight to the family home for dinner. He had been informed that there was no hot water. And from what I have been told that hotels cannot legally rent rooms if there is no hot water. Well we had dinner and came back to hotel to go to bed. We decided to check if the water had been fixed and was informed that water would probably not be on until next day late. Now remember WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN THE ROOM!!!. The front clerk took a looooong time to take care of various issues like keys that would not work in doors and checking in shady people who seemed to not care there was no hot water. Now who wants to stay in a room that has no hot water????. Well we finally were helped and then was informed that one room would not be refunded because we had used it. Again WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN ROOM!!!. Very upset stay away from this hotel like your life depends on it BAD NEWS. You are likely to catch something bad and it is not legal to rent rooms when there is no hot water. Don't even let your dog stay there.

• Stayed July 2012
Lewis Center, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The room carpet is as old as the building and very dirty, the furniture is stained and just creepy dirty. The rooms are large but dark. No feeling of welcomeness at this place. It hase a nice pool and the laundry room works well but there is no folding table or even a chair. parking spaces are mad for mini coopers.

Room Tip: Take lysol and your own towels and sheets.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This is the hotel from HELL. I was in town for the weekend for a wedding. This hotel was chosen because of location, close to family and the wedding venue that was the only good thing about this place. To start,We had 5 rooms we arrived at the hotel around 3:30pm to find that or rooms would not be available until 6. Arrive at the room and I just wanted to turn sound and go home. This place is disqusting. The chair was covered in stains, pulled the blanket back the sheets had stations on BOTH beds. Belief front desk to request clean sheets and wad told hk would bring them. We left to go eat return to the room to find that hk came to place a folded blanket on the bed, no clean sheets. Had to go to front desk and get some. The carpets haven't been clean, I never took my shoes off. That was just the begining. This place was a prostitution spot, people hanging in the hall area. I did not sleep until I got in the car go home and I was there for two days. I wad afraid something wad going to crawl on me. I don't see how this place is still in business with the many different health concerns. Mold in the bathroom, toilet leaves puddle on the floor this place wad chosen for me, next time I will choose my own. I have never felt sooo uncomfortable in my life. I couldn't even focus on the festivities because I was more focused on having to return to that place. I just really wanted to go home. The photos will speak for themselves. I am an advid TA user and most times the reviews be a little over the top, but the negative reviews on this place was dead on. Trust me, if budget is a major concern for you sleep in your car I'd you have to, just don't stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

To be fair, the room was big, and the A/C worked great. But talk about dirty... not expecting 4starhotel-clean here, but this carpet was NASTY! Dark stains everywhere, like it hadn't been cleaned in years... I scrubbed a spot just to see how bad, and it came up filthy. We kept our shoes on the whole time we were there, and made sure to avoid touching the bedspread at all.

Older lady at front desk was rude and indifferent to people's issues - we got to see a bunch of those while we were in line for ages waiting for a variety of issues to be resolved. Other employees were friendly though, and did their best to help people, with the deck clearly stacked against them.

Also the wifi was non-existent... kept timing out every couple of minutes while in active use, and signal was clearly too weak for this size of motel. Never ever coming back... life's too short.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Frederick? Share your experiences!