“Not even suitable for a dog to stay in” 1 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick to your Saves list
Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   999 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21702   |
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
“Not even suitable for a dog to stay in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in my opinion a negative 5!!!!. They will not refund room money even though we never even slept there. You see we came to Frederick for a very important funeral. My son picked up keys and went straight to the family home for dinner. He had been informed that there was no hot water. And from what I have been told that hotels cannot legally rent rooms if there is no hot water. Well we had dinner and came back to hotel to go to bed. We decided to check if the water had been fixed and was informed that water would probably not be on until next day late. Now remember WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN THE ROOM!!!. The front clerk took a looooong time to take care of various issues like keys that would not work in doors and checking in shady people who seemed to not care there was no hot water. Now who wants to stay in a room that has no hot water????. Well we finally were helped and then was informed that one room would not be refunded because we had used it. Again WE HAD NEVER SET FOOT IN ROOM!!!. Very upset stay away from this hotel like your life depends on it BAD NEWS. You are likely to catch something bad and it is not legal to rent rooms when there is no hot water. Don't even let your dog stay there.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lewis Center, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The room carpet is as old as the building and very dirty, the furniture is stained and just creepy dirty. The rooms are large but dark. No feeling of welcomeness at this place. It hase a nice pool and the laundry room works well but there is no folding table or even a chair. parking spaces are mad for mini coopers.

Room Tip: Take lysol and your own towels and sheets.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

This is the hotel from HELL. I was in town for the weekend for a wedding. This hotel was chosen because of location, close to family and the wedding venue that was the only good thing about this place. To start,We had 5 rooms we arrived at the hotel around 3:30pm to find that or rooms would not be available until 6. Arrive at the room and I just wanted to turn sound and go home. This place is disqusting. The chair was covered in stains, pulled the blanket back the sheets had stations on BOTH beds. Belief front desk to request clean sheets and wad told hk would bring them. We left to go eat return to the room to find that hk came to place a folded blanket on the bed, no clean sheets. Had to go to front desk and get some. The carpets haven't been clean, I never took my shoes off. That was just the begining. This place was a prostitution spot, people hanging in the hall area. I did not sleep until I got in the car go home and I was there for two days. I wad afraid something wad going to crawl on me. I don't see how this place is still in business with the many different health concerns. Mold in the bathroom, toilet leaves puddle on the floor this place wad chosen for me, next time I will choose my own. I have never felt sooo uncomfortable in my life. I couldn't even focus on the festivities because I was more focused on having to return to that place. I just really wanted to go home. The photos will speak for themselves. I am an advid TA user and most times the reviews be a little over the top, but the negative reviews on this place was dead on. Trust me, if budget is a major concern for you sleep in your car I'd you have to, just don't stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

To be fair, the room was big, and the A/C worked great. But talk about dirty... not expecting 4starhotel-clean here, but this carpet was NASTY! Dark stains everywhere, like it hadn't been cleaned in years... I scrubbed a spot just to see how bad, and it came up filthy. We kept our shoes on the whole time we were there, and made sure to avoid touching the bedspread at all.

Older lady at front desk was rude and indifferent to people's issues - we got to see a bunch of those while we were in line for ages waiting for a variety of issues to be resolved. Other employees were friendly though, and did their best to help people, with the deck clearly stacked against them.

Also the wifi was non-existent... kept timing out every couple of minutes while in active use, and signal was clearly too weak for this size of motel. Never ever coming back... life's too short.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

You could tell this motel was another hotel/motel previously because there were holes in the walls from where something used to be (Maybe an iron cradle). Speaking of iron cradle, the rooms do not have irons or ironing boards and the desk clerk was going to hold my drivers liscense as collateral to use an iron until I told her that was absurd. She let me use an iron as long as I promised to bring it back. That was a hassle considering I was there for a funeral. There was evidence of bugs in the bathroom and there were more holes in the bathroom which makes anyone uneasy. My non-smoking room smelled like old smoke and had an ashtray with a No-Smoking sticker on it. That's a confusing message. When we checked in the clerk and the armed security guard were having a conversation that should've been kept private. So Unprofessional. At this hotel I would suggest walking as a group at night. People did seem to enjoy the pool though.

Room Tip: Just 1 ice machine near room 117.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Frostburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Staff at front desk was very unprofessional. She was eating and on the phone with a customer when we arrived to check in. We stood and waited for her to get off the phone for at least 5 minutes. She talked to the customer as if they were an old friend. She burped loudly while on the phone and shortly after she got off the phone she passed gas loudly. She then promptly told us that it was normal for a person to do so and it was not in the slightest bit rude. I beg to differ...The outside was littered with bottles cans and other random debris. Upon entering the room it seemed clean. However when I walked into the bathroom hundreds of roaches were in the bathtub and went running down the drain. The shower was stained yellow. Later that night I found a bed bug crawling on my leg. When told about issues in said hotel when leaving the person at the desk just starred at me like she didnt know what i was talking about. All and all a horrible experience. I would not recommend anyone staying in this roach infested hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Galloway, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I seriously can not believe this place is still in business. It seems the common denominator in all these reviews is the customer service. HORRIBLE does not even begin to explain my experience with this place. My husband and I live in Columbus Ohio and he works in Fredrick. He has to spend 5 days a week away from his family and Motel 6 has not made the transition any easier. Lets list some issue's........housekeeping forgets pillow cases and towels and when he calls down to ask for them they gave him ONE hand towel. He comes back from work to find house keeping in his room cleaning and she set her TOILET BRUSH CLEANER on top of his TOOTH BRUSH! He asked for batteries for the remote and was told "NO". He notified them that a light bulb was out in his room and they said they wouldnt fix it until he checked out! Every day he comes back from work his key card is deactivated. One week he went the whole week without hot water. He called the manager several times and has NEVER received a call back. By luck he passed the manager and discussed issues with him and was told his room would be credited for all of the days the hot water was out and then the next day the manager changed his mind and only credited him 50%. I then called and spoke with Diane at the front desk. I can not believe this girl has a job. She first spoke to me, told me about my husbands room and his co workers rooms and then when I asked to speak to the manager she started to tell me she could not disclose any information. WHAT? She had already disclosed their information and all I asked her to do was take my name and number to give to her manager. She refused to give me corporates number and then mocked me when I spoke! I then located the information and filed a complaint with corporate. I was promised the manager would contact my husband to discuss and resolve issue's at hand and GUESS WHAT????? The never called and the next week my husband was put on "THE LIST" and can no longer rent rooms! When I called back to corporate I was pretty much told there was nothing they would do about the situation. I was told that even though my husband (and all of his coworkers) were treated poorly that Motel 6 stands behind that location decision to put him on "THE LIST". This blows my mind.....OH yea.....don't check in at night because the desk clerk doesn't even know basic math......on several occasions he has told my husband to speak with his sister in the morning because he couldn't figure out a simple math calculation (had to do with the discount my husband receives). He can run your credit card and take your cash but he doesn't know BASIC MATH! I would never reccommend anyone stay at this location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business