“Decent stay with pet” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Decent stay with pet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Writing this because we actually looked for another place after reading reviews here but either sold out or too expensive last minute. Turned out to be just fine for a place to sleep overnight with our pet. Very quiet room, nice size, furnishings were fine, cleanliness was adequate, cleaner than expected, actually. More importantly, none of the bad experiences we were afraid of after reading other reviews so either they have worked on resolving problems or we were just lucky on a weekend night. I wish Motel 6 would update their towels but were no worse than other Motel 6 towels. Would even consider staying again if we needed a place to sleep passing through on a trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Thurmont, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

i stayed here on augest 17th-18th when we arived at 2 00 the rooms were not redy yet went away for a hour came back the rooms where still not ready finaly a hour later we got the room we walkd in there it was soposed to be non smoking my daugher has bad lungs and she started having a hard time breathing come to find out there was mold every where we looked at 3 rooms every room we looked at had mold i asked for a refund to go to a cleaner hotel they refused the lady who checked us in was very rude im sorry but when you go to a hotel you shouldent be treated like that. it should be cleaned right asked if she could send a nother blanket in becouse the one that was on one of the beds has a cig burn al the way through the blanket they finaly got one up to us about 2 houes later but insted of remaking the bed the maid through it in the door said you fix. i had to scrub the mold my self yes i said my self they refused to have the maids do it i dont recamend this hotel to ANY ONE

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

When we stayed here we were at the end of a two week trip and we were very tired. We just didn't feel like looking for another place. After we checked in and went around to park, there were many men with big coolers on wheels, tatoo's and few teeth. Did not give us a comfortable feeling. Over all the whole place was rather dirty, even the outside parking area. My husband asked a woman where the ice was located and she replied, she didn't know, she only lived there a couple weeks. We think most of the people there were basically homeless. They should give one of them a discount and have them sweep the parking lot. It has as much gravel as our gravel driveway.
We had only one washcloth and when I asked for another one they said they didn't have any more. There was a lot of noise outside up until around 1 am on a week night. Overall, we just were not comfortable there. The place gave us the creeps.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Morristown, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

While staying at this hotel for three day, I had no maid service, had to go find maid to get my towels changed out, was woken up in the middle of the night from people partying up and down the walkway and worst of all, not allowed into the parking lot due to a police raid where drugs were being deal out of three rooms on the third floor. The rooms are cheap there, but I actually left there and found a cheaper hotel 3 miles away with clean rooms, nice beds, maid service and I was actually safe there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hotel obviously started its life as a different brand hotel, had meeting rooms, a fake fireplace in the lobby, a pool, gazebo and grass area on the back side of the hotel. The rooms are Huge! Unfortunately the maintenence problems are huge too!

The first room I checked into seemed warm, but I turned on the AC and went to dinner, when I returned - it was still warm. But it was late at night so decided to report it in the morning. I also noticed that there was no rack to hang my clothes by the vanity in the room.

The room did have a microwave and very small fridge, they should have put the fridge on the desk it was so small and hard to get into on the floor. There was also an iron and ironing board & hairdryer! unheard of for a motel 6. NO hair shampoo, only one small bar of soap. NO coffee in room. They advertise 24 hour coffee in lobby but they only had it in the AM, never in the afternoon. Towels are few and very thin. If you have more than 1 person staying in the room you will have to go get extra towels daily from the front desk.

The next AM I report the non working AC to the young lady at the front desk. I returned in the afternoon and checked on the status - well she never bothered to report the problem!!! So Adrian at the front desk rushed to get the maint guy to come look at it - he promptly said that it could not be fixed so moved me to another room.

I wanted to stay on the back side of the hotel as there is a grass area to walk the dogs, you can not park on that side but it was better than looking at the parking lot and movie theater next door. So I was moved to another non smoking room on that side. When I walked in the room the air was cold - I was releaved, then I checked the tub - there were huge strings of caulk, maint was removing all the caulk around the tub and had left it in the tub. I went to the front desk and reported that and was told - well that was the room I was told to put you in. So I had to get my own towels and soap for the room and clean the tub out myself. At least this room had a place to hang my clothes. The next morning however I found that the hairdryer did not work. When I reported that to the front desk I was told that they knew that some don't work and are going to remove all of the hairdryers. The water pressure in both rooms was low and the water temp varies as you take a shower. Oh and all the knobs are on backwards, so if you turn it to cold,you get hot water and visa versa.

The pool looked great but I was told by another guest it was closed. Too bad as it was in the mid 90's!

Some of the other guests were guys who hung out on the balcony on the second and 3rd floors drinking at night. I was with a big group of dog show people so we out numbered them so I felt safe. If I had been there alone I might not have felt as safe. Seems like a fairly safe area, we walked across the street to a place to eat, starbucks is close.

Its a shame as the hotel is pretty nice, BIG rooms, Clean. The maint guy was also doubling as the front desk clerk on some afternoons so no wonder the fixes can't get done.

I got a rate of $53 and no dog fees which I appreciate. I might stay there again but I would check the room first before moving in and make sure everything worked.

Room Tip: Courtyard/pool side, but no parking there
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
atlantic city nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

You don't expect luxury from Motel 6. Very good rate. Pets accepted. (I must be the only one who cleans up after my dog. The grass was loaded with land mines.) We had two rooms. Fridge did not work in one room. I reported it at check out. What should be vacuumed and dusted was, but the room needed a deep cleaning. Doors were dirty. Front desk agent was very helpfull. Hotel is quiet and has good bedding.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

In most ways a superior hotel room (king bed) but h/c bathroom has no flat spaces for toiletries (things fall on the floor.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Frederick? Share your experiences!