“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5646 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, MD 21704   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off three night stay
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Frederick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The room wasn't particularly clean. Toilet seat pretty much fell off when used. The clientele during my stay seemed to be mostly workers, so lots of men sitting outside drinking beer by their rooms or trucks at the end of the day. Every time I went to the lobby for coffee, breakfast etc., the tv there was BLARING Fox News at an almost shockingly high volume. Frankly, we all have different political views and beliefs, and it was disturbing be subjected to that. Evening staff was just plain unfriendly and rude. Downtown Frederick is just a beautiful place, but staying at this place was not very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I would like to apologize for the poor impression that we left on you. We were unaware of the issues that you had during your stay. Please make the front desk aware of any problems with the room. We are there to help and make your stay as pleasant as possible. We appreciate you sharing your review and hope that it does not deter you from staying with us again.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed here for one night and were impressed by the room. It was newly remodeled and clean. The staff were friendly and the location was near a lot of restaurants. The exterior seemed a little sketchy, but the interior of the rooms and lobby were great.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your glowing review! We sincerely appreciate all of your comments. Our staff works exceptionally hard to provide every guest with an experience that is not necessarily expected from an older hotel. We are very glad that we could deliver that to you! We look forward to serving you again and we hope that if there is anything we can improve on upon your next stay, that you would let us know.
Centennial, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I needed a place to stay at the last minute while traveling for business. I didn't want to drop a lot of money for an 8 hr stay, but I didn't want to stay in a dump either and leave with parasites. The reviews for the Days Inn in Frederick MD were a little above average and the price was reasonable.

When I arrived it was late in the evening and in the dark. I must admit, my heart sank a little when I saw the dated exterior and the management office that shared a space with a Waffle House. It was well disguised and I drove right past the office twice before calling their front desk for directions. The gals at the front desk were very nice and helpful and once they said to look for the Waffle House I realized I was right across the street.

The interior of the room I stayed in was nicer and cleaner than I expected judging from the 1960s exterior. My room (153) looked recently remodeled and updated. The room was small but just fine for me. The bathroom/shower room were small but very clean. The shower was hot and had great volume. With very little sleep, I needed a long shower just to wake up. It was a better shower than I had at the Marriott the day before. The bed was surprisingly comfortable with a nice selection of pillows. Everything in the room was middle of the road quality as one would expect in this price range but well maintained and did the job. I didn't have time to check out the free breakfast but, if you didn't feel satisfied, you could always eat at the Waffle House.

I arrived in the dark and left at dawn so it wasn't a big concern, however, the room I stayed in had windows and door that opened onto a breezeway between buildings. Outside my window were the ice machine and vending machines. the blackout shades took care of the bright lights, but you wouldn't want to have your shades open during your stay as it is a pretty public area.

For what I needed, the Days Inn turned out to be a perfect fit and was a pleasant surprise. Clean, friendly, and well-maintained. Easy access from I-70 if you know where to look (hint, Waffle House)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thorough and comprehensive review. All of us here make every effort to beat the conventional idea of what an older hotel can and should be for its guests and we are thankful when all of our hard work does not go unnoticed. We hope that you would stop by and see us again the next time you are near and please let us know if there is anything that we might do to make your next experience here a better one. Thank you again and safe travels!

Been to Days Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!