“Good value, friendly people, gets the job of sleeping done” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Ronks, Pennsylvania
“Good value, friendly people, gets the job of sleeping done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Being pet-friendly, bringing the dog was a big plus. This is a great location near many chain restaurants and any shopping you need. Perfect for a short business trip if your needs are small. The staff is friendly, the room was clean and although it was a little noisy outside on Friday night, there was not enough noise to complain about. There was one little mishap not worth a mention, but the manager Cosette was very quick to respond. Thank you! I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you very much for going out of your way to write such a lovely review. It was an absolute pleasure having you here and we hope that you would choose to stay with us when you find yourself in Frederick. I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience you experienced here and express my gratitude for your courtesy concerning the situation. Thank you again for staying here at the Days Inn Frederick and the best of luck to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The room was very quiet/ Sleeping was comfortable. Loved the easy chair and ottoman (very comfortable).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that we could accommodate you with a comfortable and quiet stay and hope that you enjoyed it thoroughly. The easy chair and ottoman were touches suggested by our guests and implemented during our renovation so please, thank your fellow travelers! We thrive on the feedback and suggestions made by our guests and hope that if there is anything that we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable that you would kindly let us know. We are here to serve! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you find yourself in Frederick.
Bucks Co.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First appearances can be deceiving. The hotel is the older-style two-story hotel with outside entrances and parking in front of each unit. (maybe a refurbished Holiday Inn?) We were in a ground-floor unit with two double beds. The room had been recently redone (you can't miss a brand-new bathroom & grout) and everything was immaculate! I am picky and check everywhere. Nice linens, beds were comfy, lots of pillows, new TV; my only complaint was a very noisy air-conditioner. Free breakfast basic but adequate. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review of our property. We sincerely appreciate your positive response to our remodeled rooms. I apologize for the noise generated by the A/C unit and we will have maintenance look at that immediately. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to ensure that your next stay is better than the last. Thank you again and safe travels!
Port Royal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've waited to do my review, hoping the manager would reconsider the situation. It's been a month and nothing..so now she can read this. Only regret we did not look under the bed sooner. If husband would have told me what he saw before I paid the bill, there may not have been a bill. If only I would have looked when we took the room, they would've been finding us another room. That may have been difficult because this is an issue that doesn't stop at "one room". I called the manager and expected more than her telling me the housekeeper took care of the situation after we left and the housekeeper before was "reprimanded". The mess under the bed didn't happen in a few days, or weeks, try months. My husband's description of what he saw under the bed was enough for me to call off from work the next day so I would have time to disinfect items thoroughly when unpacking. If I would not have brought this to the manager's attention, I suppose it could have waited for the next inspection and that would've given this hotel the "mark" that would affect future business. One would think this manager would do more than just say "thank you". Corporate even knows this and has done nothing. Maybe it's not an issue for them. Like out of sight, out of mind!! So, do I return to this "Days Inn"?? I'll send a secret inspector first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would like to take this opportunity to clear up a few things about your experience here. I remember speaking with you a few times the day that you called here to address the state of cleanliness under your bed. The last we spoke, you stated that you preferred that your husband call to specify what exactly was under the bed as it was not you yourself that witnessed what was found. When I received a complaint from corporate regarding your stay I immediately called and spoke with you again and you stated your concern for my lack of concern. I apologized and it was again agreed that it was best that we speak with your husband so we waited for a phone call that was never received. I felt that the last we spoke we both understood the situation and the call ended amicably. I apologize if you were disappointed by the way that the situation was handled but I was under the impression that we had come to an agreement and that it would be handled after speaking with your husband. We have an inspection performed annually and it just so happens that ours was performed shortly before your stay. They are very thorough inspectors that search every inch of our rooms for cleanliness and maintenance issues and I can assure you that we have been held at a high state. I would like to reiterate that the conditions found under your bed are not typical of our performance and we take these complaints very seriously. Thank you for your concern and I hope that we get the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Please let us know if there is anything further that we can do to assist you.