“better than you would expect” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off three night stay
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Bucks Co.
“better than you would expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First appearances can be deceiving. The hotel is the older-style two-story hotel with outside entrances and parking in front of each unit. (maybe a refurbished Holiday Inn?) We were in a ground-floor unit with two double beds. The room had been recently redone (you can't miss a brand-new bathroom & grout) and everything was immaculate! I am picky and check everywhere. Nice linens, beds were comfy, lots of pillows, new TV; my only complaint was a very noisy air-conditioner. Free breakfast basic but adequate. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review of our property. We sincerely appreciate your positive response to our remodeled rooms. I apologize for the noise generated by the A/C unit and we will have maintenance look at that immediately. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to ensure that your next stay is better than the last. Thank you again and safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Port Royal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've waited to do my review, hoping the manager would reconsider the situation. It's been a month and nothing..so now she can read this. Only regret we did not look under the bed sooner. If husband would have told me what he saw before I paid the bill, there may not have been a bill. If only I would have looked when we took the room, they would've been finding us another room. That may have been difficult because this is an issue that doesn't stop at "one room". I called the manager and expected more than her telling me the housekeeper took care of the situation after we left and the housekeeper before was "reprimanded". The mess under the bed didn't happen in a few days, or weeks, try months. My husband's description of what he saw under the bed was enough for me to call off from work the next day so I would have time to disinfect items thoroughly when unpacking. If I would not have brought this to the manager's attention, I suppose it could have waited for the next inspection and that would've given this hotel the "mark" that would affect future business. One would think this manager would do more than just say "thank you". Corporate even knows this and has done nothing. Maybe it's not an issue for them. Like out of sight, out of mind!! So, do I return to this "Days Inn"?? I'll send a secret inspector first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would like to take this opportunity to clear up a few things about your experience here. I remember speaking with you a few times the day that you called here to address the state of cleanliness under your bed. The last we spoke, you stated that you preferred that your husband call to specify what exactly was under the bed as it was not you yourself that witnessed what was found. When I received a complaint from corporate regarding your stay I immediately called and spoke with you again and you stated your concern for my lack of concern. I apologized and it was again agreed that it was best that we speak with your husband so we waited for a phone call that was never received. I felt that the last we spoke we both understood the situation and the call ended amicably. I apologize if you were disappointed by the way that the situation was handled but I was under the impression that we had come to an agreement and that it would be handled after speaking with your husband. We have an inspection performed annually and it just so happens that ours was performed shortly before your stay. They are very thorough inspectors that search every inch of our rooms for cleanliness and maintenance issues and I can assure you that we have been held at a high state. I would like to reiterate that the conditions found under your bed are not typical of our performance and we take these complaints very seriously. Thank you for your concern and I hope that we get the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Please let us know if there is anything further that we can do to assist you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

For $59 a night one can't complain too much. Breakfast was about what one would expect for a continental breakfast. The rooms where clean and recently updated with newer furniture and bedding. Mattresses were comfortable. The pool was very nice and no one was ever in it during the day but us. The laundry room was messy with empty boxes of detergent all over. There were many people that seemed to be living here, but everyone was friendly and we never felt fearful like some reviewers suggested. There were 3 people in our room and we used all the towels the first day we asked for more from the front desk and we never got them. We had to call the front desk again and a man brought us pool towels! This was the worst of our problems here.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We sincerely appreciate all of your positive feedback and hope that your stay was as comfortable as it could be. I apologize for the confusion with your towels and hope that we were able to accommodate you accordingly. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve upon your next stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Days Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!