“Judging the hotel by the exterior it looked like a dive but...” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Frederick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5646 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, MD 21704   |
Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Frederick

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greenlawn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Other than smoke smelling rooms and very noisy motorcycles that park outside the doors (that wake everyone up) the rooms were tidy and clean. Staff was nice. Breakfast was limited and too small an area to accommodate guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was! I apologize for the noise in the parking lot. You must have been with us for Memorial Day weekend and we host quite a few members of the Rolling Thunder event that occurs annually in Washington, D.C. to honor veterans. We are incredibly honored to have them but I understand how the noise can be an inconvenience for other guests.
I appreciate your kind words concerning our staff and the cleanliness of your room, as always the employees here are one of the most impressive aspects of our property and they make everything we do possible.
We all aspire to provide an exceptional experience at a great value and I hope that we accommodated. If we can better serve you in any way please let us know. Your comments make our improvement possible. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I flew into Dulles intending to drive to the western end of Maryland and do some sightseeing along the way. I spent one night in Frederick and the Days Inn was very competitive on price.

The front desk was nicely welcoming. I was given a room on the ground floor (i.e. first floor in the US) . The room was perfectly nice. It was typical Days Inn although I assume that it had been renovated not too long ago.

The free breakfast was OK - again typical Days Inn.

It seemed perfectly placed for local (mainly fast food) eateries and the local mall which were located over the road. Downtown Frederick was a 10 minute drive away. The Monocacy Battlefield site was a short drive away

For a night's stopover, I was pleased enough with the Days Inn Frederick. It was above-average for the chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I would love to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for choosing us during your brief visit to Frederick. I am glad that we could accommodate you and that we were a good value for your trip. Our rooms were and have been recently renovated, thank you very much for noticing.
The staff here is one of the most invaluable amenities we can offer and I am incredibly proud and fortunate to know each and every one of them. I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to meet a few of them and that they were just as pleasant as ever.
I hope that you have the chance to come back and visit us the next time you are in town. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let us know if there is anything that we may improve upon to make your next trip even more exceptional. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again!
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Free breakfast not worth it. Breakfast was from 6-10 and we went at 8 and there was no milk for cereal. The orange juice was mostly water. The coffee was horrible. There was 1 bagel and a few pieces of bread. The trash cans were overflowing. The safe could not be used but they knocked something off the bill for the inconvenience. The Waffle House is the restaurant attached to the hotel, wasn't that great either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cosette P, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I apologize for the state that you found the breakfast room in. While we work quickly to refill and clean as needed, the breakfast was a very busy spot the morning that you stayed. I do not wish to make excuses because they would be baseless. I just wanted to inform you that that is not our usual standard and you found the breakfast room to be well below par. I am currently working with a representative to overhaul our breakfast menu and bring our guests something a little more to look forward to in the morning. Better quality brings us closer to providing you with the standards that you have come to expect from Days Inn and we hope to more completely deliver on our promise to ensure a superior stay the next time you are in town. I hope that everything else was to your liking and that you continue to bring these issues to our attention when they arise. We are so grateful that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Days Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!