“WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I was "homeless" Feb. 9th thru the 16th. Having reservations I was floored when I opened my door. I've never stayed in a room so beautiful. I had a handicap friendly unit. I don't know where to begin. Large flat screen TV, nice size fridg, beautifully furnished and decorated. Wonderful safety bars well placed, granite counter top, portable shower seat, and large enough for wheel chair. The really top 2 things in the unit was a mattress so comfortable that I didn't miss my Posturpedic AND the wall mounted lamps have a outlet which allowed me to charge my phone and still have it in easy reached from the bed. Friendly staff and a nice variety of breakfast items. Having a Waffle House on the premiss was very convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bob6450, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We are so pleased to hear that you had such a terrific stay! Your response is one that we work hard for every day and we truly are grateful that you have taken your time to promote such a positive image of our property and our staff. I am pleased that we met expectations and could make your stay as comfortable as possible. If there is any thing that we can do to better a future stay, please let us know. Thank you again for your input....and flattery!

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Awesome, Friendly Staff and Management! Clean rooms and rooms recently updated, wireless internet fast and reliable. This is a must stay for the value! We will return again on our next visit to the area! Thank you Days Inn!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bob6450, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thanks very much for the kind words! We strive to make every experience at our property a great one and we are glad that you had the opportunity to visit us. We hope to serve you again very soon. Thank you again!
Berlin, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I and our daughter and her two small children went to Frederick to attend a family birthday party. At the Days Inn, although the staff was pleasant, the rest of the experience was not, especially for my daughter & her children. We had rooms side by side (oh, also - although I had reserved one King bed room and one room with two double beds, I was told when I arrived that they had no King bed rooms available and that we would have to take a room with two double beds - that was the least of our worries). In the middle of the night, my daughter woke up to bugs all in her bed that she and her one son were sleeping in and bugs crawling up the wall - there were two different kinds of bugs. She said that her son had been having difficulty going to sleep and kept crying and realized it was because he was being bit by the bugs (my daughter and he had bug bites). She had to call and have them move her to another room at 2:30 in the a.m. (carrying her screaming children) to a SMOKING room which was all they had because they had other rooms "reserved". So between the bugs crawling on the beds and then having to sleep with her two children in a smoke smelling room, it was a disaster. They had to finally come and stay with us in our room. Also, the phones were not working. It is also amazing to me that, in 2011, this hotel still has analog TV!! Unbelievable!! My advice to this place is to dump all the beds in all the rooms, clean everything thoroughly and fix the place up.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bob6450, Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
We are very sorry you had this kind of experience. We have taken this very seriously and trained our staff to help our guests better when they have a bad experience. This happened on a close to sold out night and this is something every hotel fears not being able to give their best to a valued guest. We are in the process of a total makeover. This includes new paint, carpet, beds, furniture, linens, flat screen TV's, and bathrooms. We also have recently added a guest laundry and a beautiful fitness room with a large screen TV. We appreciate your review and are doing everything possible to never let this happen again. We hope sometime in the near future we can share our new hotel with you. We care about all of our guests and deeply regret you having this issue, Sincerely, Bob
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

If you are expecting a lot do not stay here. It is more like a motel than a hotel.

CONS:
The rooms are old, the carpeting is old (an wrinkled in some spots).
While they are non-smoking rooms, you get the standard carpet fresh smell that appears to mask years of smoking in the past.
The furniture resembles the particle board assemble yourself stuff.
The TVs were NOT flat screens.
There was no outlet to plug in our laptop. I had to unplug the clock radio (or lamp) to use that outlet.
Mattresses seemed a bit sunken (not too bad though).

That being said, there were a few positives:
The lobby and breakfast area were very updated and clean.
The staff was very nice.
The rooms were relatively clean. I have stayed at a few friends houses that were probably dirtier.
The room had a fridge and microwave, both of which looked relatively new.
A continental breakfast was included. While nothing great, it was enough to make due till lunch, saving you time and money.
Free Wi-Fi.

We were only staying one night as we were passing through on our way to DC. Our hotel in Arlington wanted $200 for a Wednesday night, so we opted to stay the first night here and save $110. Don;t stay here if you want FANCY. But if you are looking for a good value and don't set your expectations too high, it's ok.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you don't want to lug suitcases up and down stairs. Ask for close to the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very clean but does need some updating in the bathroom area. Also our room did not have a microwave or small fridge--this would be very helpful when youare traveling. Also the T.V. was not working the best--it appears they are still on the analog system so maybe that is why the picture was really statically. We also stayed here on our way back to Canada and at that time there was do problem with the T.V.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed two nights. The front desk staff was pleasant and efficient upon our arrival and the lobby and breakfast area were attractive. We had a Business Place room which had ample space and was clean. I don't know if this room was representative of the rest of the rooms, but it certainly was in need of a facelift. The wall paper was peeling in spots and the rug in places did not go completely against the wall leaving small gaps and fraying. The lampshade on the desk lamp has scorch marks on it.

We didn't notice a lot of outside noise despite being at the end of the building near the parking lot and adjacent office and Waffle House restaurant.

I wouldn't mind staying here again when in the area; however, a little sprucing up would go a long way to make the rooms more cheerful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bob6450, General Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feelings about our great staff and our property. We are in the process of improving our rooms, adding more to our breakfast, adding an exercise room, and making sure valued guests like you get what you want when you stay with us.
Please visit us again in the future.
Sincerely, Bob Wills General Manager
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I have stayed at Days Inn Frederick a number of times in the last 3 years when visiting my daughter. I find the staff -- managers, front desk personnel, housekeeping & maintenance -- all to be very warm and welcoming to their guests and ready and willing to do everything possible to make a guest's stay pleasurable. The rooms I've stayed in have all been clean, safe, secure. I have never experienced unruly guests. Nor have I ever been disturbed by loud traffic noise nor heard guests in neighboring rooms through the walls. The breakfast room is very clean, well maintained; the continental breakfast is attractively displayed, and the food is good and replenished throughout the morning. I find the beds very comfortable and the mattresses give very good support; I've always gotten a great night's sleep here. As for location, it is very easy to get to and well situated with good access to downtown Frederick as well as any number of surrounding areas and attractions. I cannot fault Days Inn Frederick in any area. It's a great value! It has become much more than just a hotel for me; it really has become a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!