“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Historic Frederick

You added BEST WESTERN Historic Frederick to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Historic Frederick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   420 Prospect Boulevard, Frederick, MD 21701-6400 (Formerly Quality Inn Historic Frederick)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel was nice and a better then expected breakfast. Great location for somebody passing through. With the great location right off the freeway comes the noise from the freeway. I will stay here again but when I do I will ask for a room on the second floor near the front of the hotel which I think will solve the noise issue. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our stay and we were. Some of the reviews talk about a bad mattress, not in my room, I slept well. The back part of the hotel in the hallway was very smokey as well and being a non smoker I did not care for it. Will stay here again in the near future.

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the hotel to avoid the road noise and smokers!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than enough and the room was clean as well. My wife and I will definitely be coming back for another get-a-way close to home. Location is good. It is a decent walk, or $10 cab ride to downtown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is not terrible, but it's not very good. I read a review that said "mattresses were exceptionally comfortable". Nonsense. Mattresses are worn out. Made my back hurt. The noise from the ac unit was loud enough to wake me up when it kicked on. Breakfast is poor - rubbery scrambled eggs and greasy sausage patties. When we came back from town our keys wouldn't work and there was nobody manning the front desk. Housekeeper said he had gone to the store. One of the housekeeping staff had to let us in to our room. When I went back to the desk a couple hours later there was a customer waiting to be served but again no clerk. A few minutes later a car pulled up - the desk clerk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I enjoyed a recent 6 day stay at this warm, friendly hotel in Frederick, Md where I was visiting for both business and pleasure. I originally was only going to stay for two nights then move on, but the mattresses were so exceptionally comfortable and the linens so fresh and clean, that I spent my entire stay there. This is an older, remodeled hotel which is very clean. There was a daily hot breakfast that was wonderful in a room with plenty of tables and chairs to sit comfortably. Also the lobby had a couch, and TV where you could sit. Also there was a business area with free internet access with printer which was definitely for my business needs. The location is at an intersection of two freeways, a little hard to notice at first because the sign is small, but once I learned to navigate around, it was great. There was an excellent Chinese restaurant close by and also a small Thia/Vietnam restaurant where I had excellent service. I would like to particularly like to compliment workers Gracey and Joy for their special assistance. But actually all staff were very polite and helpful. There is also a workout room which I used. My only complaint was the heating unit was very noisey as it turned off and on.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the highway which had wonderful sunshine in the morning hours. I did not notice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Location is easy to get to. Breakfast is very nice for the price of the stay. Rooms clean and comfortable. Very good value for the dollar. Good food and shopping nearby. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a nice experience at this hotel. The lady at the desk when I arrived was extremely nice and helpful and left a great first impression of the hotel. The room itself was nice with a fridge and microwave. The only thing I could say is the ceilings could use a paint job. The breakfast was your average hot hotel breakfast. It did have the waffle maker which is always a nice addition.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN Historic Frederick? Share your experiences!