“Best cheeseburger and service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Fast Food
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Towson
“Best cheeseburger and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I come here from Towson. It is a long drive but well worth it for their great cheeseburger and awesome home-made lemonade! Prices are great and the service is really good. I see the same friendly woman each time I go, she must be the owner, shes very nice.

• Visited July 2013

New Windsor, Maryland
“A Local Secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I knew where this place was as I have passed it from time to time. I had assumed from the title that it was like a private label Mickey D. Even after reading other reviews on this very site I was of the impression that it was a regular sit down restaurant. It isn't! This is what I called it in the headline 'A Local Secret'. Its a stand which appears to be attached to a residential building. It has a parking lot and the small green area around the parking lot has picnic tables. In current vernacular you might call it a food truck without the truck.

Hopefully nothing I have said so far is being taken negatively as the food out of this SHACK is a cut above what a lot better appearing places offer. At first the prices might seem a bit high but once you see the generous size of the products and the high quality the price is much more in line. The menu sports ten burgers available in 4 oz and 8 oz sizes validating the business name. They also have 8 versions quarter lb all beef hot dogs.(hot dogs in Paradise?). 18 deli sandwiches, 7 wraps, 17 subs including 3 different italian, wings, soups, sides. I have to stop here and expound a little. They make all of their sides from scratch. Thats correct they don't dole out a scoop of generic cole slaw from a bigger container…they make their own. Onion rings too. Their beer battered rings are the sole reason some people come there. I feel like one of those 'as seen on TV' commercials as I say but wait there's more. This place is the go to place on a hot summer night for all of your ice cream, milk shakes, soda's, sno cone's etc. and theirs are better than the other places.

Okay, with all of the choices what did I get and how was it. I am a huge fan of italian style cold cuts but to buy each of the different meats on one of these sandwiches individually and making it at home is just not cost effective. I learned from the lady at the counter the Spicy Italian was the generic version, The Godfather was made with premium cuts and The Sicilian was no longer available. The Godfather it was and I had to try the onion rings also. While waiting I got a sample taste of their home made crab soup which was a fabulous version of the dish but on this visit I already had too much food to be adding more. I learned all of their soups are home made which is good news for me, a soup lover. I now have a quickie place where I can pick up some hot soup in a hurry. The sub was everything I expected. My onion rings were okay but those are one of those things like fried chicken, baby back ribs, and pizza that I have a very high standard on. These rings were made with a beer pancake batter which I have found from trial and error almost always results in the batter separating from the onion resulting in eating the onion and the batter separately. Also, the oil has to be the exact right temperature or the batter will absorb the oil like a sponge and your rings will be very greasy. In this case mine were over cooked to the point where one or two of them had a burnt taste. They were a little greasy but not overly so. This being the only time I've ever had them I cannot say if this is the way they always come or if it was a bad luck day.

Okay so this isn't the type of place I'd expect to be reviewed on a travel site but why not? I hate when I'm traveling and constantly being pointed to over priced tourist traps. I'd much rather eat where the locals do. I know of another place like this that I am now going to do a review on but it will have to wait until i can get there again as I like for all of my reviews to be based on a current visit and not a fond memory.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent Burgers!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

These were some of the best burgers I've ever had. So good, that my 10 year old and I made an encore appearance the next night and again - great burgers!! The owner even came out and asked each table if everything was OK and if he could do anything for us. Love this place! It's all outdoors but if no downpours are approaching - go for it!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
WI
“Reminds me of Seinfeld episode...Soup Nazi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

On my last family road trip we stopped at Beef 'N Buns 'N Paradise for a quick lunch. The place is conveniently located off the main highway. You can not miss the place...very interesting decor. Once you enter, you have a wall with zillions of options. Need a few minutes to orient yourself before you can figure out what you want to order. Well as expected, I stood reading the numerous choices when a lady barked at me what I wanted. Relax lady was my thought. We tried to order but the lady could not hear our order and she barked again. I had a momentary flashback to the Seinfeld episode with the Soup Nazi. Surreal. We placed our order and waited outside. My wife and I jokingly commented on what just happened. A keeper. Food was average. Not bad, but nothing to go gaga over. Had better dogs and burgers in Chicago and NY by far.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I get food from here at least 2 or 3 times a month. The food is just delicious! Its made from scratch and the price is really good for what you get. I usually get the Ribeye Steak and Cheese or Godfather Sub. I looooove Capicola so it'd been one of my favorites. My husband loves the PoBoy and Rockfish. Their onion rings are also great to have on the side. Love the milkshakes and that you can mix flavors. We've never had anything we didn't like from here. Plus they are so nice and the service is fantastic.

Definitely one of my most favorite places to eat in all of Frederick.

• Visited May 2013