“ROMANTIC!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frederick
Stone Manor
Save Saved
You added Stone Manor to your Saves list
5820 Carroll Boyer Road, Frederick, MD 21769   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Frederick B&B and Inns
“ROMANTIC!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic getaway for valentines day. He works in Baltimore and I in western MD. We needed a place in the middle. So we search the internet and came across Stone Manor. First, let me say the pictures do not do this place any justice. This wonderful B&B far exceeded our greatest expectations. I arrived early to be greeted by the inn keepers. I've never met nicer. I was given a little tour of the house and then shown to my room. The laurel suite. It was perfect. Decorated perfectly. Big antique bed bath tub for two and a fire place. While I waited for my partner the innkeepers brought me maps and brochures for several local food\activities. We had the most romantic night. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I will be returning to stone manor first chance we get. And definately next valentines day will be spent in this wonderful romantic spot.

• Stayed February 2011

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

One word describes this Bed & Breakfast: Perfect. Nestled in the rustic Frederick County countryside, amid rolling fields and sleepy farmland, this beautiful manor house offers quiet tranquility, comfort and luxury. My wife took me here for a birthday weekend, and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Gardenia room, which is the newlywed suite, and loved the fireplace, hot tub and elegant furniture. We saw no reason to venture into town for dinner and just made a picnic by the fireplace with supplies purchased in Frederick. The best part of this B&B are the proprietors: Vern & Astra. They are super sweet and helpful and clearly love what they do (as well as each other). This B&B is a hidden gem!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Frederick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

The rooms were very clean, well decorated and spacious. The innkeepers were very pleasant to talk with. My only criticism would be that no one asked about dietary needs for breakfast, and I was not able to consume the main dish. Other than that, our stay here was fantastic. Just a beautiful, well kept up building and very kind innkeepers.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We came out to Frederick for a wedding at another location and decided to stay at Stone Manor for the night. Very quiet and serene. The rooms are really nice and the innkeepers are great. Good value.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
pennsville,nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Did I have a good time at Stone Manor? You betcha! Would I go back? In a heartbeat. The innkeepers, Vern and Astra are outstanding at their job...so accommodating coming up with great suggestions for what to do and see in the area.
Our room,The Laurel, was part of the original four room home built in 1750. How cool is that? We learned Stone Manor is composed of three separate divisions.The oldest part was built in1750 by a gentleman farmer(translation: owns the land but doesn't work it.) The second addition came in 1850 for a working farmer with a larger family and the last addition in1975-76 for a professional group who built with a country club/ bed and breakfast in mind. It all comes together beautifully--the old and the new --and if you can catch Vern or Astra at a slow time they 'll probably point out the different additions.
The inn is decorated beautifully and conveys a feeling of romance and times gone by.The grounds go on forever and the birds! Real live bluebirds! Coming from New Jersey it was thrilling to sit at an outdoor table with a cool drink and wait to catch a glimpse of those gorgeous little guys. Our breakfasts were scrumptious...blueberries,strawberries,yogurt,granola and a Paula Deen -type casserole..yummy with potatoes,eggs, sausage and cheese and juice and good hot coffee. Another day a breakfast dish of ham,eggs and cheese served with fresh baked muffins plus fresh fruit etc was provided.
I can't wait to see the inn with snow on the ground . I'll rebook The Laurel and enjoy its gas fireplace while curled up with a Jane Austen novel.

• Liked — I loved it all.
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

Stone Manor is a treasure. I was planning a surprise 60th Birthday pary for my mom and had previously booked another venue. I discovered Stone Manor and immediately switched the party. My out of town guests stayed in all 5 of the immaculate rooms and raved about how wonderful the service was.
Brian and Loree(owners) went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my mom had the time of her life, and she did. One of my out of town guests forgot his shoes, and Brian and Loree sent their daughter to the mall to purchase some for him...unbelievable!! They truly cared about each detail of my event and every body noticed.
My mom felt like she was in the Irish Countryside while staying at Stone Manor. I would highly recommend Stone Manor for any event. Many of my family members plan on coming back to Stone Manor! Thanks for making my mom's birthday party such special weekend!

• Liked — The Manor is beautiful
  • Disliked — I was pleased with the whole experience
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

I planned a surprise weekend for my husband's birthday and after searching a few places, I chose The Stone Manor. And boy, am I glad that I did. I had spoken to Loree a few times on the phone while booking, asking her to help me in selecting the most appropriate room for my stay. She suggested The Laurel Suite. I then emailed Brian, to help in some suggestions for surprising my husband a little further. Brian called me back and suggested some balloons and a cake be placed prior to our arrival. When we pulled up to the B&B, we were immediately greeted by the inn keepers, Vern and Astra. We were then given a tour of the house and brought to our room. My husband was blown away. The room was beautiful. We had some cake and was offered a very nice tray of cheese & crackers and some grapes with 2 glasses of wine. We enjoyed this on our balcony looking over the amazing the grounds. There was a wedding going on that night, which didn't interfere with our quiet retreat, nor the hospitality that we received even before becoming guests of the B&B. The Laurel Suite has a tub big enough for 2 and a very cool shower with jets in all directions. The bed is extremely comfortable...it was the best nights sleep we've had away from home. We slept in the next morning and had a very nice breakfast. We had orange juice, homemade egg souffle, delicious lemon poppy seed muffins, and yogurt, with peach slices and granola. This entire experience was something we will never forget. We can't wait till the next time! We have already referred The Stone Manor to our friends and family. Thank you Loree, Brian, Vern and Astra for truly a wonderful weekend we will always treasure!

• Liked — Peaceful
  • Disliked — Not a bad thing to say
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Stone Manor? Share your experiences!