“Best Place in/around Frederick” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frederick
Stone Manor
5820 Carroll Boyer Road, Frederick, MD 21769   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Frederick B&B and Inns
Annapolis, MD
“Best Place in/around Frederick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were having dinner at Volt in Frederick and there were slim pickings for a nicer place to stay in the city. We spent a night at Stone Manor and greatly enjoyed it, clearly the best place to stay in the area. Very warm and welcoming inkeepers, fine breakfast, beautiful building and grounds and generally good accomodations. Only issue is that beds in many rooms are small, would much prefer queen or larger. But would definitely return, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms vary, make certain to get what you want in room size and private entrance.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I went there on my wedding night and both Verne and Astra were very accomodating!! They were very nice and showed us how to use our jacuzzi in our room and also helping us out when we were leaving. I really appreciate how helpful and respectful they were of my husband who has a disability.

Breakfast was also very good!! We had yogurt with granola and fruit, stuffed french toast, and sausage... also with tea, coffee, water, orange juice. It was all very nice. We were extremely pleased!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great spot about 15min outside Frederick; idyllic location and beautiful house - very well kept, very clean. Innkeepers Vern and Astra are very welcoming and even guided us to some nearby trails for a hike. Overall great experience, we hope to return before too long.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We honeymooned for two nights in the Laurel two-room suite at Stone Manor and were very impressed. The rooms were clean, comfortable and filled with period pieces of furniture; an around-the-clock coffee/tea bar was available outside the room; the breakfast was well-made and gourmet quality; and the grounds were peaceful and filled with interesting things to look at and photograph, from an old wooden bridge and a pond that is home to geese and herons, to grape arbors set up to produce wine grapes and bee hives along the tree line. If you want a peace and quality all around, and are willing to spend more than a motel or hotel costs in order to get more of a manor-style home atmosphere, then this is it.

Room Tip: Some are two-room suites, some single rooms
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic getaway for valentines day. He works in Baltimore and I in western MD. We needed a place in the middle. So we search the internet and came across Stone Manor. First, let me say the pictures do not do this place any justice. This wonderful B&B far exceeded our greatest expectations. I arrived early to be greeted by the inn keepers. I've never met nicer. I was given a little tour of the house and then shown to my room. The laurel suite. It was perfect. Decorated perfectly. Big antique bed bath tub for two and a fire place. While I waited for my partner the innkeepers brought me maps and brochures for several local food\activities. We had the most romantic night. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I will be returning to stone manor first chance we get. And definately next valentines day will be spent in this wonderful romantic spot.

• Stayed February 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

One word describes this Bed & Breakfast: Perfect. Nestled in the rustic Frederick County countryside, amid rolling fields and sleepy farmland, this beautiful manor house offers quiet tranquility, comfort and luxury. My wife took me here for a birthday weekend, and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Gardenia room, which is the newlywed suite, and loved the fireplace, hot tub and elegant furniture. We saw no reason to venture into town for dinner and just made a picnic by the fireplace with supplies purchased in Frederick. The best part of this B&B are the proprietors: Vern & Astra. They are super sweet and helpful and clearly love what they do (as well as each other). This B&B is a hidden gem!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Frederick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

The rooms were very clean, well decorated and spacious. The innkeepers were very pleasant to talk with. My only criticism would be that no one asked about dietary needs for breakfast, and I was not able to consume the main dish. Other than that, our stay here was fantastic. Just a beautiful, well kept up building and very kind innkeepers.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stone Manor? Share your experiences!