“loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morningside Inn

Morningside Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frederick
Morningside Inn
Save Saved
You added Morningside Inn to your Saves list
7477 McKaig Road, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Frederick B&B and Inns
“loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

i had my son's wedding here .can't complain bout a single thing .great decor , awesome view.the best experience ever.i would recommend this place for every special moment.the greenery kept us fresh and energetic.

Room Tip: great view . very well designed and decorated ..my son's wedding turned out to be a real deal...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Thank you Morningside inn and An Elegant Affair! Everything was beautiful ( setting, the inn, the flowers) I could not be more happy with the way my day turned out. Thank you Morningside inn & Lisa Monday you were all fantstc!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We recently had a family wedding here. Lovely place! I've been to over 400 wedding venues (as a professional videographer), and this one had the best bride's room I have ever seen! HUGE. The sitting area of the bridal room doubled as a safe place for little children to play during the reception festivities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a beautiful venue! We were so happy with everything at Morningside Inn. The staff was very nice. We also used Lisa Monday @ AnElegant Affair, what a superb job, flowers were amazing!! And Lanie Minze @Crystal Lenze, so sweet and gorgeous pictures! These people know how to do it right!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I recently attended a wedding at Morningside Inn. The food was delicious and such friendly wonderful staff. The flowers were done by Lisa Monday of An Elegant Affair were so very beautiful! I commented to the bride and groom and they loved Morningside Inn and An Elegant Affair. They couldn't have been more happy with either of them.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

The Morningside Inn made our wedding day wonderful. I would recommend the Morningside to anyone wishing to have a beautiful, peaceful, and memorable day. Jeanne and Shannon were absolutely wonderful, not to mention well organized, timely and very professional as was the entire staff at Morningside.

I do strongly recommend hiring a florist outside of the Morningside. The florist associated with the Morningside, "An Elegant Affair" by Lisa Monday was the absolute worst that anyone could imagine. She could never keep our order straight, or the associated charges. She is not Morningside material and we still can't figure out how she got herself attached to them. She was late with the flower arrangements, bouquets, boutonniers, halos, and table arrangements, some were not even what we ordered, and not very pretty. Our wedding was scheduled to begin at 1:00, and it was 12:55 when Lisa finally completed getting our flowers to us. This ruined many of the pre-ceremony photos, and created stress and hurt feelings among many of the bridal party and family members. One of the corsages that I ordered for my 83 year old aunt who came all the way up here from Miami, fell apart when it was placed on her wrist. Many of the relatives feelings were hurt as they watched others receive their corsages and boutonnieres, and we had to assure them that theirs would be here soon. Its bad when guests and relatives start asking what is going on with your florist. This is not how it is supposed to be, "unacceptable".The brides bouquet was also not as we ordered. Lisa Monday was very, very disappointing. When I went to search for her at 11:45 to see when we would begin to receive our flowers, she was no where to be found, and I was informed that she had to go out and pick up some materials to complete our order. Needless to say, I was upset. The Mother of the Bride and the Mother of the Groom did not receive their corsages until 12:55, 5 minutes before the ceremony began. Later that evening, Lisa Monday sent me an email instructing me to place her final payment in the mail. When I brought to her attention all of the problems that she had caused, the orders that she made incorrectly, and our dissatisfaction with her products and services, her only response was to lie, and say she did nothing wrong, and demand her payment. There's more, but I am sure you get my message. Don't let this happen to you, Find another florist.

The Morningside Inn is the most absolutely wonderful venue for a ceremony, and reception, which afterward we received numerous compliments from our guests about the food, and the beautiful venue.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
dexter.ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

My son's wedding was held here and everything was done very proffesionally with great care. This place can organizeand and deliver a fine product with grace. If you want an outstanding wedding and post-reception-100% effort--can't miss here:) Staff and food were excellent-Wow!!!

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Morningside Inn? Share your experiences!